Ned Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

That interview was just pouring acid onto our wounds. Ned Guy is nobody comparatively and this is a major catastrophe. Every moment more of silence from Bucks and Eddie insults us members and leave the narrative to be controlled by others. They both have to step down ASAP. Was a supporter of both but this is gross mismanagement and it come back to them. 2021 will be a hard year especially watching Steve, with Quaynor our only potential elite young talent, and Adz do their thing.

Dogs, NM and to a lesser degree Hawks should be so happy. They rightly took full advantage of our weakness

To make matters worse, they signposted their salary cap issues to every club through their dealings with Treloar over the past weeks, making their seat at the trade table untenable. Everyone knew that they could be screwed on every deal. Amateur hour management. If I were a Collingwood member, I'd be asking questions beyond Guy.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

To make matters worse, they signposted their salary cap issues to every club through their dealings with Treloar over the past weeks, making their seat at the trade table untenable. Everyone knew that they could be screwed on every deal. Amateur hour management. If I were a Collingwood member, I'd be asking questions beyond Guy.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app
Couldn't understand that angle. They also spoke poorly on Treloars character that would have further downgraded his appeal. Odd from the selling party.

Forget all about that soft cap reduction mumbo jumbo...

...sign (extend) this Guy up for a decade at $1.5mill! Perfect excuse for the wobbles, to blame him and then make him try to spin the lame excuses

Make it happen Eddie :thumbsu:

That interview was just pouring acid onto our wounds. Ned Guy is nobody comparatively and this is a major catastrophe. Every moment more of silence from Bucks and Eddie insults us members and leave the narrative to be controlled by others. They both have to step down ASAP. Was a supporter of both but this is gross mismanagement and it come back to them. 2021 will be a hard year especially watching Steve, with Quaynor our only potential elite young talent, and Adz do their thing.

Dogs, NM and to a lesser degree Hawks should be so happy. They rightly took full advantage of our weakness
Without defending anyone at the club (this has been diabolical, obviously), Buckley hasn't been silent - in fact he's been more honest than the shitshow Guy put up last night:

Without defending anyone at the club (this has been diabolical, obviously), Buckley hasn't been silent - in fact he's been more honest than the shitshow Guy put up last night:

If thats the best he can do I give up. "My toughest day...." You didnt get sacked Bucks. If thats all you have to say say nothing

Collingwood will sack him tomorrow he will become the scapegoat to settle down the supporters

Don't think that will appease any supporters.

The damage has already been done. It will take Collingwood years of good list management to fix this one trade period.

It wasn’t great - couldn’t believe he fronted up within half an hour of trade period ending, that was gutsy.

BUT....if Ned was given the directive to clear some bad contracts that were clogging up his list then mission accomplished.
Yes... but then he's lied in his interview.
The last five years' worth of Collingwood's first round draft picks have been spent on trading for Treloar x 2, Beams x 2, and Stephenson.

It's a woeful trade period and Collingwoods are quite rightly pissed, and asking questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PR 101 - Just throw further fuel on a fire in the hope it goes out. 😂🤦‍♂️

Yes... but then he's lied in his interview.
The last five years' worth of Collingwood's first round draft picks have been spent on trading for Treloar x 2, Beams x 2, and Stephenson.

It's a woeful trade period and Collingwoods are quite rightly pissed, and asking questions.

I suggest you re post the picture version, here.

There are many on BF that will understand that better :thumbsu:

Having just listened to both Treloar and Stephenson's Managers, one can only assume this has got McGuire's grubby fingers smeared all over it.
Both interviews were as convincing as Ned Guy - not a single bad word about Collingwood, Buckley, Senior Players or Management.
This stinks of negotiated outcomes and legal threats if anyone blabs.
Ned Guy won't be sacked - he knows too much.
"List Manager for life"

It all comes back to Eddie just like everything comes back to Roo at Adelaide.

And as much as I hate to admit it Hawks failure to stay competing for a flag by topping up with O'Meara, Mitchell and Wingard all comes back to Clarko.

Reading between the lines Glenn Archer is similar in having way too much of a say at North Melbourne too.

Clubs will never learn! giving people too much power especially club legends never ends well.

Moral of the story, blokes with too much power will ultimately fail. (Hi Donald)

If the Stephenson comments are correct, how gutless is Buckley to leave the player to contact him to find out if he's being shopped around. Rather than him leading and talking to the player.

Absolute cowardice..... That's appalling management and leadership there...

Has anyone watched this? The answers are unbelievable and I felt uncomfortable watching the spin and lies. Not sure how any club, let alone one of the biggest in Australia, gets away with this train wreck interview?

I literally ended up towards end of this interview having my hands over my eyes, scared to peek through and felt embarrassed with hearing him fumble his way through the nonsense he was trying to pass off as ok answers to the legit questions put to him.

If the Stephenson comments are correct, how gutless is Buckley to leave the player to contact him to find out if he's being shopped around. Rather than him leading and talking to the player.

Absolute cowardice..... That's appalling management and leadership there...

I think it is obvious that Buckley was told to STFU!

Did not engage in any conversation it seems.

There is something really bizzare , extraordinary, about all this even beyond obvious salary cap issues.

eg NOT TRUE
.....but I wonder if Treloar and Stephenson and Phillips were at the party, that a prank gone wrong, saw Sidebotttom end up naked in the street?

Ned Guy is not setting the agenda at Collingwood. Buckley came in (2012) on a platform that he wanted a team in his image and McGuire bought in 100%. From the outside looking in it seems Pies list is becoming a mess and certain key players are only there because they can't get out. Hard to see how they can turn it around quickly and looks likely Buckley is going to finish his current contract with no flags.

McGuire pulled apart a very successful team 2010/11, Buckley rebuilt in his own image and 8 years later they look further from a flag than ever. This double act would have been long gone at any other club but McGuire is the Donald Trump of the AFL, the whole competition exists only to be his stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ned Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back