Ned Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe the Pies PR Dept is sharing that, can't think of a more embarrassing interview in the AFL. Can only believe it's been put up so they can justify sacking him as the fall guy for this disaster.

One of the Pies PR people has recently joined BF as Scratchy05, lots of posts tonight saying the Pies did well !!!! FMD how amateurish, as if Pies supporters are so gullible.

For a bloke who has a loud opinion on absolutely everything AFL, the silence from Ed is deafening.

Incompetent.

They haven’t improved their list. They’ve been forced to clear some cap space due to poor list management.

Love how he was trying to spin it like they got really good value and it got them into the first round.

Grundy is next. That 7 year contract isn’t looking fantastic for the Pies now.

Can't believe the Pies PR Dept is sharing that, can't think of a more embarrassing interview in the AFL. Can only believe it's been put up so they can justify sacking him as the fall guy for this disaster.

One of the Pies PR people has recently joined BF as Scratchy05, lots of posts tonight saying the Pies did well !!!! FMD how amateurish, as if Pies supporters are so gullible.

For a bloke who has a loud opinion on absolutely everything AFL, the silence from Ed is deafening.

Should we be worried about Ed? Is he dealing with bigger issues outside of footy? The MMM breakfast show is one that might be taking his mind off things?
I might be adding up 1 and 1 and getting 3 but he is really silent and the club has no idea how to handle the media.
This is usually where Ed stands up. Buckley looks like an amateur and Ned Guy is an embarrassment and at best getting horrible advice. How’d he get this job?
So many things out of place, I hold the Pies in higher regard than what’s been happening.

Last edited:
Geoff Walsh is one of the most experienced administrators in footy.

Nathan Buckley is one of the best communicators in the media of all the coaches.

Eddie McGuire is a radio host!

Why and how have they sent this bloke out as the fall guy?

The Pies cap got derailed by Daniel Wells on a fat contract that I doubt Ned Guy initiated and Dayne Beams.

You'd have hoped young Neddy could've done a better job fixing it by now instead of having it blow up in a big heap but I doubt it's all his fault. To make him front up to the media and try to spin turning Phillips, Treloar and Stephenson in to a solitary pick 14 as a win just isn't fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dayne Beams, Grundy, Cox, Sidebottom, JDG and now this....

Club has suddenly turned to rabble. Next decade looks grim.

There was no winning the interview, I'd be ropeable at the attempted positive spin as a pies fan too, but the only other option was flat out admitting incompetence and effectively sacking himself.

One of the most amateurish interviews I’ve ever seen. How could you believe any of those answers? Was completely out of his depth and the blokes asking the questions knew it. Very uncomfortable to watch.

David King sensed weakness and beat Ned Guy up like he was an old kebab server at 2am in King St.

Something is amiss there. Even just the way that was conducted on a phone (seemingly being held and not rigged up on a stable surface) suggests that was thrown together bloody quickly. No PR worth their salt would let that transpire in ordinary circumstances. I can tell you from his answer technique he hasn't had a lot of media training or prep ahead of that interview either.

Poor bugger might be getting thrown to the wolves on this one. That was hard to watch.

Ned Guys trades and management
2 1st rounders for Beams a player with injury issues and mental problems and is now being paid 500k the next 2 years by the club to do finger painting.
Signs ridiculous contract with Treloar a player with hammy issues. We pay 2 1st rounders for him we get a second rounder back after losing 500 points to obtain Bulldogs 1st rounder which they dont need. We may not have enough points left over to acquire McInness if he falls after 17-18.
Signed Cameron and Roughead for nothing.
trades out a rising star winner and forward who averages 1.5 goals a game when we average 9 goals a game. The guy is 21. #
Overpays Grundy and Phillips so we get rid of Phillips worth a 2nd rounder for a 4th rounder.

Members need to know how much of treloars salary we are committed to the next 5 years.

The guy needs to resign tomorrow along with Eddie Mcguire.

Feel for all those who have left and hope they do well at their new clubs.

Holy moly, that interview.

Even with grilling, King held back to keep him on the line i think.

They want to "improve the list" and "find better talent" and "not in a rebuild". Should have flat out asked why each player was so cheap then, if you want to improve you go for overs, not at a huge loss. Did they really rate those players so little in market value ? Yeh, nah , cut the strings ned, youre just a puppet.

Contradictory interview and deflecting the paying of treloar contract.

I know the club was torched on the Treloar and Stephenson deals, but Pick 65 for Tom Phillips trade looks easily the worst deal among the three from a value POV. Hawks made out like bandits.
It was the third worst deal the pies did today.

Ned Guy, while i don't give him 100% of the blame (He's still shit), has utterly failed from taking the Pies to a surprise Grand final, to a list that needs a dire turnover. This went from a list which had the right mix of young talent, old heads, to, what the actual ****

Disagree

He's landed the job in 2017,
He's ticked off Grundy's 7 year 7M deal
He's ticked off pushing back Treloars deal
He's overseen the huge extension for Jaidyn
He's ticked off Tom Phillips
He's overseen Bringing in Dayne Beams,
He ticked off the big extension to Tom Langdon, Knowing that Fremantle backed off after a medical advice was bad

Collingwood we're fine, He started dishing out these contracts. Former player agent looking after the players and not the club. And he's f’ed both of them

Ned Guy turned Adam Treloar, Jaidyn Stepehnson and Tom Phillips, to pick 14,next year second rounder and pick 65
So he went on national television, said we needed to re-fresh the list, and turned a top 5 player, Collingwoods best prospect who had a down year at 20 years old and a 24 year old, Into ****ing nothing

I say "****ing nothing" as it takes Essendon to bid on Reef to stuff up Collingwoods plans and burn their first 2 rounders which leaves them nowhere

Its dire for Collingwood, the Salary/List management has been unchecked

Remove this Banner Ad

Ned Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back