Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Long, Sullivan and Bytel are probably fighting for 1 or at most if we dont get Peatling or Davies 2 spots. There is a chance we delist all 3. Here is my take.

I think the club likes Bytel and will probably retain him. If he cleaned up his disposal I don't mind him. He is a big whipping boy though. Massive tank, big body and he can play a few positions because of this.

Sullivan is small, has slow leg speed and his decision making and his reaction times aren't elite. He is at best average or below average in everything and has no elite traits. Will he get better with another year? Maybe but I doubt the club will let him. However he is clearly the best natural footballer of the 3. Reminds me of J Blair.

Long is slow both with his legs and his decision making. His big strong body doesn't really stand out in terms of clearances at AFL level but it could if we develop him. His field kicking looks poor but his goal kicking looks okay or even good with his superior penetration. Overhead he is okay to good. He has a few AFL traits: strong tackling, good kicking penetration, massive tank and size and good marking. He is also young and could improve alot. But he is clearly the least developed at the moment.

Long be lot better then Bytel and Sullivan and still has more upside as he is 21 not in his mid 20's

Do we assume if the club is posting sentimental posts about players (Ned & Sullivan so far) they're staying?
Hard to say. Probably was preplanned whether they stay or not. But would be weird, then they get delisted in a month's time lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah its clearly just something to appreciate their special moments this year. And just releasing them now just to give us something while we're not playing finals.
Collingwood debutants: Ned Long wasn't an AFL debutant and they haven't done one on Schultz - Schultz is gone.

I'd imagine at this time of year there would be a few players told they probably won't stay but they have to wait and see till after the trade period to be sure.

it would be interesting if he has been given the flick and our PR dept is sending out posts on X, celebrating his return to footy after being delisted by hawthorn....i'm not sure how i'd feel

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

Back