Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad they’ve taken the 2nd pick.

Happy they’ve chosen a player in house… I stand to be corrected… the first since Rupert wills I believe..?

Giving Ned a go for 6 months is no harm.

They’ve clearly watched him at training and VFL level

And with the recent success of VFL players in Sullivan and Richards.. who’s to say Long won’t yet play a role as a contested mid at senior level ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEd has done brilliantly to be recruited to Collingwood as a one year old!

View attachment 2004317
So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Backing the selection - we've been close observers of his for months, so we're likely quite confident.

I like the theory that we've hidden him recently. Not sure it's legit, but here's hoping

Hidden who? I don’t know who you’re talking about…

Wanted him in the team from the moment I laid eyes on him. First training run in November nobody knew anything about him. WHE said they'd been told he was training that morning and that he'd come from Box Hill Hawks.
Unreliable kick, but hey, who cares?
Plenty like that who turn out ok. Cripps for one. Just give it to Nick, Josh and Pendles and his work is done

Glad they’ve taken the 2nd pick.

Happy they’ve chosen a player in house… I stand to be corrected… the first since Rupert wills I believe..?

Giving Ned a go for 6 months is no harm.

They’ve clearly watched him at training and VFL level

And with the recent success of VFL players in Sullivan and Richards.. who’s to say Long won’t yet play a role as a contested mid at senior level ?
Josh Eyre was also recruited from the VFL team.

19. Collingwood - Ned Long

Collingwood/VFL
Midfielder
195cm
05/02/03

A tall midfielder who has a real physical presence, Long was taken by Hawthorn in the 2022 rookie draft and played five games at the Hawks before being delisted at the end of last year. He’s since impressed with Collingwood’s VFL side and now joins the Magpies’ senior list. Long has a genuine competitive streak you can see in his one-on-ones and he is very creative with his hands. Uses his endurance to great effect around the ground and has strong marking overhead when forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

Back