Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

(OT but you may be thinking of Tom Langdon's Dad who owns a spice business)

Anyway... GO NED!
Nah Tom Phillips dad Anthony and his uncle Andrew, who played for Carl and was very good but cut down early, founded Camp Austrlai and sold it for $400M in 2016 so they got lots

Averaging 23 touches, 4 marks, 9 tackles and nearly 5 clearances in the VFL

Plenty of grunt. Earned his shot at it.

However has struggled to find a lot of ball at senior level in the past

Let’s hope he slots in well
Senior games for Hawks were only as a flanker or sub. Never got a go on ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Ned is not the sub. Not sure he’s a ‘come on and make a quick impact’ type of player. More likely one who will work his way into the game. His previous experience at Hawthorn will also hold him in good stead, and help him not to be overwhelmed. But a big game, big crowd, and lots of pressure.

I hope Ned is not the sub. Not sure he’s a ‘come on and make a quick impact’ type of player. More likely one who will work his way into the game. His previous experience at Hawthorn will also hold him in good stead, and help him not to be overwhelmed. But a big game, big crowd, and lots of pressure.
It might be an acknowledgment that Pendles can’t play the midfield sweeper role currently due to lack of strength in arm to tackle

We need to stop Merrett

Stringer will find his way into the middle at some stage so a big body will important.

I'd be stunned if he was the sub for the reasons you stated. He is a bull not a line breaker. Chuck him in the middle early and see what he can do. As Fly said, given his size. he provides a number of options as to where he can play including the ruck. So, if he struggles in the middle, they can try him somewhere else.

It might be an acknowledgment that Pendles can’t play the midfield sweeper role currently due to lack of strength in arm to tackle

We need to stop Merrett
Agree on the Pendles front - he might play Noble's role.

We couldn't handle the strength of Stringer when he went to clearance last time. That might be where Long steps in.

Agree on the Pendles front - he might play Noble's role.

We couldn't handle the strength of Stringer when he went to clearance last time. That might be where Long steps in.

I don’t think Crisp was getting as many midfield rotation back then.

Edit: just checked, Crisp had 10 CBAs, Stringer 21.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back