Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

But Long isn’t like for like with Mitchell either. He plays more like a slower De Goey.
Agree Long is not like for like with Mitchell.
But his size is the reason I hope we try him in the role - we have nothing to lose.
If it works then everyone's is happy. If not, I don't see another spot for him given his limitations.

i don't think its an either or - for example GREENE , CRIPPS, HOPPER, CALLAHAN, BONT are few big bodied mids.
Any of whom would be welcome at Coll.

I was responding to your claim that big mids are becoming more important. Strength will always be advantageous, but with the new kids coming through there seems to be a definite shift where speed, evasiveness and skill is becoming more important - with plodders beginning to get exposed.

I was responding to your claim that big mids are becoming more important. Strength will always be advantageous, but with the new kids coming through there seems to be a definite shift where speed, evasiveness and skill is becoming more important - with plodders beginning to get exposed.
Cripps is the only pure inside beast going around. Bont is similar but plays different. You are spot on about pace and evasiveness being the new black.

Exactly. Give the kid a fair go. And so much for Fly setting young players up for success - playing him as an inside mid changing ruck was ridiculous

Agree - Hated people calling him a Dud after 3 Games where the whole team played Poorly not just Log

Hard to understand the focus on Long when most of our leaders are playing poor footy. Eg should Maynard be in VFL on current form. But let’s attack the kids in their first few games. They are the problem obviously

IQ could also go back to the VFL

What are you on about, mate? We can tell after 1 possession in the VFL if someone has what it takes, such is our expertise around these parts.
I don't why some here don't form an experts' collective, launch a coup, storm the joint and take over - no elections for 10 years

Cripps is the only pure inside beast going around. Bont is similar but plays different. You are spot on about pace and evasiveness being the new black.

That's just not true

Liberatore, Macrae (bulldogs), Hawthorn have a few, Dangerfield is mostly an inside beast, Greene from GWS, Clatyon Oliver, Steele from st kilda, Serong ect ect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May Ned please prove me wrong! I want all of the border line boys to prove me wrong. But he is very slow and limited. If he was able to accumulate possessions like Tom Mitchell or Sam Mitchell in the seniors it wouldn't matter, but after one good half in his debut he hasn't got near the pill in two full games.

and continue to post in the game-day thread...
Fighting amongst each other

marching iraq war GIF

How are you guys finding Ned so far?
I really liked him and think he would be a very good AFL player but unfortunately didn't get the opportunities with us.

Slow 1st 2 games but had Impact 1st half Tonight

Offers Something Different to our Midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

Back