Neon Leon's Manager (Pickers) says......

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello, Mark LeCras. You know the bloke you traded to us for CHad Morrison (bet ya didnt know that). Itd be nice to get a forward pocket but not essential. As I said hes worth pick 15-20. Davis is 2 years older than Jolly and isnt a rare commodity like a ruckman. Pick 22 + McNamara/Nicoski to either keep to trade elsewhere is quite fair. I mean you guys seem to think Luke Ball is worth pick 30 odd + a fringe player. I dont think Davis is that much better than Ball....
we traded a draft pick for morrison, le cras was never on our list, it's like saying you traded judd and armfield for kennedy, masten and notte
sure that's the way it works in the end but there's no guarantees we ever would have taken le cras or in my example, carlton would have taken masten

The more I think about it, the more I think people underrate Leon.

Fact is we lack class and skill. The grunt we will improve with our young players, plus I think that outside of Geelong, St Kilda and perhaps Hawthorn we more than hold our own in that area, despite the youth. Class doesn't grow on trees. I remember plenty of times during the year when we hit a flat patch during a quarter and Leon would do something fantastic to spark us. On his own he isn't a particularly important player, but in a team like ours that lacks a lot of class in the midfield, I think he is more important. Losing him could hit us slightly harder than most people think.

I think we got smashed by the Hawks, Saints and Cats during the year moreso because our average skill level showed us up more than lack of grunt.

i can really say that in the yrs i have been reading here and seeing what people say it really is getting worse, i think people need to sit back breath and chillax (there is a word for ya MOOT). its obvious that 95% of footy fans dont even come close to watching every game of every team and therefore havent it in them to rate potential trades as even close to possible......its all rumor!!!!

I quit bigfooty.com.......seeya

you guys are eaisly trolled :)

Yo Cletus, spelling sure isn't your strong point is it? Tell you what we'll give you Leon, Cook and Stanley for Kerr and #7 pick in the draft, oh and if you want Medhurst we'll take Kennedy as well. Then we can trade Kennedy and # 14 for Fev, pick 7 for Jolly and pick 30 plus Dawes for Ball.
Medhurst and Leon apparently want to go home, Carscum apparently want Kennedy and if we have Fevola (as much as I hate him) we won't need Dawes. You gain Leon, Meddy, Cook and Stanley for the loss of Kennedy and Kerr. Whilst Cook and Stanley can't get a game for us, they would look like superstars at the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For years I've heard so much crap that we lack pace and skill in our midfield etc.

Now finally, Sir Leon Davis has stepped up and is an All-Australian and an elite player with pace, kicking skills that are second to none and a little touch of magic. Imagine Ball and Pendlebury feeding it out to Leon next year!

I ask who in their right mind would trade a player like this in their peak?

if we trade him I seriously doubt we will win a flag, yes he had a poor finals campaign, but without him we wouldn't have been there in the first place.

...yes he had a poor finals campaign, but without him we wouldn't have been there in the first place.
Another candidate for the English translation of the Collingwood motto.

We are the definitive experts at getting there and not being good enough to win it. The reason a Leon Davis trade is discussed is because of the gap between his form in easier, free flowing, open games compared to hard, tough, tight finals against the best sides.

I am glad Collingwood seem to have finally realised that the ruck has been incredibly costly in finals. Until Collingwood target players that win finals noting will ever change at Collingwood. The draft has seen us take players who perform in under age finals. That’s a good start. Finally someone has realised a strong tap ruckman can help win tightly played finals.

I’d be happy enough to keep Davis because as you said we lack speed and delivery precision but if he is traded for an early pick or target player then that’s fine as well. It just means we need to fill the speed/skill midfield hole as opposed to one we plugged in the trade.

If we could get Burgoyne, Ball, Fevola & Jolly for all our picks, Fraser, Davis, Dawes, O’Bree, Lockyer, Cook, Stanley, L. Brown. Corrie & Byan I would be ecstatic. The list holes could be filled with punts on kids and recycled players. We’d lack depth but we’d have a side capable of winning a flag or two. Problem is a lot of those players have no trade currency. Davis is one of the few who do. Dawes would have some. Fraser maybe but don’t bet on it.

How about Davis + 14 for McKinley + 7?

Don't know if the Eagles would go for that.

Perhaps just a player swap seems equitable to them.

thats awful...i wouldnt swap mckinly for davis on their own simply due to the age factor. Mckinly kicked a good haul for us last year when we were absolute crap

thats awful...i wouldnt swap mckinly for davis on their own simply due to the age factor. Mckinly kicked a good haul for us last year when we were absolute crap

Just threw it out there.

Never took it seriously.

However, Davis for McKinley would be a fair swap.

McKinley is a good talent but still has far too many question marks on his all round game. Very one-dimensional at the moment. Of course, any deal would rely on the fact that both players wanted to return home.

Davis is an elite small forward-cum midfielder. Has elevated himself to A-grade talent. Also AA.

I can understand not wanting Davis but you are certainly selling him short. Would be a walk-up start at any club.

I would think that Port or ADL would be more interested in Leon Davis.

Adelaide I would think would have been champing at the bit to get Leon as they have been lacking that small forward. Couple him around the vastly improved Tippet and i think its a much stronger forward lline.

Would allow Dangerfield more midfield time and Knights to roam around the 50-60m area as he is a beautiful penetrating kick at goal from there.

Maybe something like

Davis + Cox/2nd rounder - Pick 13 + 3rd rounder

Then Pick 13 - Jolly......Better then pick 14 Roosy

Then Pick 14 - Ball

I honestly believe that Davis is worth pick 13 alone but we'll be hard selling that.

I'm happy to use 13 and 14 on Jolly and Ball but it will be tough.

Ball I dont believe is a 1st rounder and Ross Lyon is driving me insane telling every1 how he is a EX AA, EX Club Captain, EX this, EX that.....and how he started in the centre square in GF.

Let me ask you this Ross Lyon?

If he is so good why didnt you play him all season?

Gee Ross Lyon is driving me crazy, Lyon is more camp the Bruno.........

Luke Ball.....Can we swap him for a limited edition red U2 iPod, because i have 1 and i am willing to part with it for Bally!

Remove this Banner Ad

Neon Leon's Manager (Pickers) says......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back