Neutral people- who are you going for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagle_Fan

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2000
Wooshaville
AFL Club
West Coast
Who are you all going for this week? Last year was the first time I didn't want either to win, but this year I kinda like both teams. Funny how things work out.

Anyway, I think I've made it pretty obvious who I'm going for, how about you?

Don't you just love the feeling of Grand Final week?

GO THE DEES!! Essendon may have been the best team all season but they have become too cocky & arrogant about it all. Hopefully the Dees will tear them to shreds.

C'mon i think we all know who the neutral ppl are going for no-one likes the Bombers heheh. They'll prolly win but id like to see the Dees win and Farmer to kick 10 goals... hes just such an excitement machine

Carn the Dees!!!

..just to continue with the aussie tradition of the "tall poppy syndrome", I'll be barracking for the Demons.. (Gotta beat those Ballerina Bombers)
biggrin.gif

Well, since I pick them to win the flag after the H&A games, I will stick with the Dees. Eventhough I said they would play against Caaarrrlton in the GF. DOH!!!!!!!!

Hmmm.....I like both these teams too. On one hand it would be good to see the underdog get up and win, and on the other Essendon does deserve it after such an amazing year. I know a lot of people would love to see them beaten but it's more that I would like to see Melb win not Essendon lose!

Well all i can say is GO THE DEES!!!
Essendon, well i have had enough of them winning and they a cocky bunch so i hope the dees belt them.
I reckon Brad Green is a pretty good player!!!

For no other reason than ther are the underdogs. Melbourne, but by the same token it wont overly worry me if the Dons do win it, the Dees did the Hawks no favours in 96. I wonder how many of the squibs that voted for the merger then are now getting the range rovers clean for the weekend?

After their season the Bombers deserve it (and will get it!). I hope it's a good game but I'll be surprised if the Dees get within 5 goals. Living in Strathmore I'm battening down the hatches and counting the days till the Olympics which ,hopefully,may take some of the heat off around here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I will have to jump on to the Melbourne bandwagon too.

I have to admit that I didn't rate them very highly at all, especially after watching them struggle over the line against St Kilda in Round 19. However 10 out of 11 wins (or something like that) is an incredible feat that is only overshadowed because of Essendon's even better record.

I have quite a few relatives that barrack for Melbourne and like most other people on this post I love to see the underdog get up.

Let's hope the Grand Final is a high standard, closely fought affair.

Go the dees. Even though the Bombers deserve it I would like to see Melbourne pinch it. They have an exciting player list, and would have some slim chance.

Well i still hold grudge againts the demonds from years ago .Remember the Chris Lewis
finger biting saga.the demonds went pulic about aids testing ect.ect. its just not football . go bombers.

Normally I'd go for the underdog, but it's Essendon for me. The Dons have been the best team all year and deserve to collect premiership medals. As for the Dees, as fine a side they are, I'd hate to read/listen/see people like Mike "I have no idea" Sheahan and Neil "I'm God" Mitchell happy.

It's a long shot, but if anyone out there can help get Arch a ticket for the Grand Final, get in touch.

Oh, and I also saw the photo of the Premiership Cup sitting in St. Patrick's cathedral on the front page of today's Australian. For the first time since Friday's loss, it really hit me....North can't win it. *sniffle*

Interesting that although you already kenw which of your aquaintances were bombers, you are now finding out who the demon fans are.

Like Grendel, 1996 springs to mind but perhaps we should also see the current demon mob as victims rather than conspirators beack in 1996. I also like how Diamond Joe sticks it up the AFL. I expected a Melbourne-Hawthorn rivalry to build up but it never really happened.

Demons have a degree of unpredictability in their play which might cause a few bomber headaches.

On the other hand if I sit next to an objectioanble supporter of either camp at the GF I think I could go against them. It's a bit like being in the last four in survivor, It's who you hate the least

Shinners
If you hear of 2 GF tickets, please bear me in mind, I've got my plane ticket all I need now is the GF ticket.
Cheers
Go Bombers.
PS I hope you guys had a good day Saturday, I did even thought it was in Perth.

------------------
Mantis

Essendon for mine

They have been the best and they deserve it.

I have a big soft spot for the Dees, I just hope that they can keep the Bombers honest and play some competitive football.

In an ideal world :

Essendon 15 10 100
Melbourne 13 9 87

but its going to be more like

Essendon 24 9 153
Melbourne 10 13 73

Don't care - It's CRICKET season!!!!

But seriously I would like to see Essendon - who have been a 30% better side than anybody going around - take it out. After a season like they have had it would be deserving.

Cheers

Gonzo

Now where did I put those golf clubs?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Neutral people- who are you going for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back