Who do you want to win the premiership the most and least?

Who do you most want to win the flag in 2024?

• Sydney

Votes: 30 8.1%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 40 10.8%
  • Geelong

Votes: 30 8.1%
  • GWS

Votes: 86 23.2%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 33 8.9%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 52 14.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 78 21.1%
  • Carlton

Votes: 21 5.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS - 2nd favorite team
Port - For the Kenny lols
Brisbane - Feel sorry for them, they deserve one
Hawthorn - Rags to riches

Carlton - I like Cripps

Sydney - Prefer them over Geelong
Geelong - Lucky I hate Footscray more

WB...

Leaving out my team of course

Brisbane: With Hodge, Birchall and Fagan, had a bit of a Hawks connection in recent years. Don't mind them.

GWS: Wouldn't say I like them but it would be easy to forget as I don't think I've ever met a supporter. Wouldn't bother me at all.

Port: Like others have said, would be nice to see Hinkley potentially tell the fans to GAGF. Could be second depending on my mood

Sydney: Left a bad taste after 2012/ COLA bs of 10 years ago but once again I don't know many fans so better than Vic alternatives

Carlton: Actually know a couple of decent fans but like Richmond they will come out of the woodwork if they get going. No thanks but there are worse options

Geelong and Dogs: Can't split em. Respect Geelong but their supporters have become spoiled and act like it's an entitlement to finish Top 4 every year. The rivalry doesn't help.
Hated how every man and his dog jumped on the bandwagon in 2016 and acting like they were some type of Leicester City fairy tale story in a salary capped competition. They also get kissed on the 🐔 by the umps 90% of the time including their whole 2016 finals run.

GWS: Most likeable of all the teams, want Hogan to win a flag.
Brisbane: Another likeable team, want Neale to win a flag.
Port Adelaide: Fellow port team, not much to dislike there.
Sydney: Worst of the interstate clubs but not as bad as the Victorian clubs
Hawthorn: Been the most entertaining team all year, don't mind them.
Geelong: Will always have an eternal hate for Geelong.
Western Bulldogs: **** Rory Lobb
Carlton: Hope the ****ers get pummeled, **** Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS for King Jesse Hogan, a Hawks flag would be epic too.

I like Sydney, but it's a little tough rooting for a club with so much wristie in the form of NGA. Love the Doggies but feel the same, they've been very lucky with Father Sons which is also a rort.

Carlton have the worst supporter group in all of sport so they can suck eggs a little longer.
Still salty about that semi final last year yeah? :laughv1:

You've seen , what, like 1 flag. You probably didn't turn up to that game either . No wonder the supporter base has given up.
The reality is that we finished off the current Melbourne side for good last year. I was happy to see them win the flag back in 2021, but that cheeseboard eating rabble can wait another sixty years now for their next flag.:laughv1:

All you lot acting like I'm gonna praise Hinkley just because he wins one premiership? Small minded thinking.

Brisbane. Geelong. Hawthorn. Richmond. Those guys won THREE.

If Hinkley has any chance of resurrecting his reputation, he needs to earn multiple. Otherwise he's just a one hit wonder.
That's just strangely bitter in that hypothetical. I get being ticked off that he has had 11 seasons plus of a grace period, but I think all could be forgiven with just 1 premiership, they're next to impossible to win. Although, I'd get it if he fails again, then he ultimately would be a failure coach given that he has had the ultimate grace period.

Port, just to observe their supporters mental gymnastics
There's those literally admitting they don't want Port to win games or the premiership just because Kenny would be praised, some are really pig-headed. Although, Kenny being called out for his lack of success is very justified, it's totally bizarre they don't want Port to succeed just because of Kenny.

Last edited:
return of the jedi hate GIF
That Millwall chant nobody likes us we don't care springs to mind here. :laughv1:

1 Carlton for obvious reasons!

2 Port Adelaide I have to have them second after last Sunday.:laughv1:

3 GWS I have a lot of respect for how much they've built up their brand as a club. They were cheated out of a grand final appearance last year as well!

4 Brisbane Lions They have been waiting twenty one years to win it, and their great early 00's team did break Magpie and Bombers hearts in grand finals.

5 Western Bulldogs/Footscray I sure wouldn't begrudge the Doggies a second flag.

6 Sydney Swans I have no real feelings of anything towards the Swans to be honest.

7 Geelong I don't hate the Cats at all but too much recent success.

8 Hawthorn Same reason as above although at least the Cats have a nicer guernsey!:laughv1:

So it's that time of year again. We have a pretty interesting mix of finalists, none which look like sure bets. All have gone through down periods at some stage of the season which had many doubting their premiership credentials, while at other times they've had runs which have made us think they can go all the way. But this thread is about who you'd personally rather see win lose. If your own team is playing pick the SECOND team you would like to see with it.

For me my ranking is as follows:

GWS: they haven't won one yet but have got close, and it'd be good for the national game if they win. Plus less annoying carry on from their small supporter base.

Bulldogs: I know they won recently but they are my second team, and it'll help grow them as a club. Bont for the Brownlow and Norm Smith double.

Brisbane: its been over 20 years and they've been up for awhile. Narrowly missed out last year, so would love to see them win it.

Hawthorn: me in 2016 would hardly believe I'm saying this, but yes, despite having won 4 in the past 16 years it'd be a great underdog story to see them go all the way. Love the way they play and Sammy Mitchell as a coach.

Port Adelaide: its been 20 years, and the conflicted feelings of Port fans over Hinkley would be interesting. Funny to see them totally backflip over him.

Sydney: only higher because they've lost 3 of their last gfs, so be a nice redemption arc. Otherwise sick of them always being at the pointy end.

Carlton: would be higher than Sydney but after this season I've gone off them. Imo they just get an unfair advantage, plus the media salivating over them. It's been a long time, so would be happy for their long suffering fans at least.

Geelong: please God no, just no. I don't think any non Geelong fan wants to see them win it again.
Carlton - unfair advantage? Hilarious. Half the team out and played quite a few teams after they 'came good' in the season. We've played more thM our share of top 8 teams as well. Or do you mean the perceived frees to Charlie? Charlie who has buggered up his ankles? Or Walsh with his buggered up back? Maybe Crippa...who has blokes hanging off him and scragging him and umpires never call it?

As for who to win besides Carlton?

Hawks can just gagf
Exciting kids or not. They've had more than their share of September wins. They need to go away.

Dogs. Expect they'll fall short again. Everybody's darlings. Meh.

Cats...see Hawks. Just bugger off ffs and give other teams a go.

Swannies or
Giants
Port or Lions over any of the above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you want to win the premiership the most and least?

Back