Opinion New AFC HQ: Back on Track*

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I do wonder if the developers who own West Lakes really want that land and are wanting to pay us to leave.

Have heard some whispers some money around womans footy could be explored as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't know how much has been done and how much is already sold, is it too late to change the plans? I'm thinking maybe an oval isn't the most efficient way to meet the open space requirements for the area, could they completely do away with it?

The Aquatic Centre is near dead. It is cheaper for the ACC to pass it off than spend money

At this stage they have already indicated they are open to the idea.

Like someone else mentioned already, would hope it's similar to what the Dockers have and ensure we have 2 training ovals. One the same dimensions as the MCG.

I'd go watch training there. Perfect opportunity to create a real community club.

We'd need govt funding for sure. No way we'd do it ourselves. Probably why Chapman will publicly state it's nonsense. They wouldn't make a public statement until they're close to some type of deal.
Also doesn't inhibit any deal with the current WL developer/lessee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it is. Nowhere near enough. Get $20m and come and talk to me
Not for a deposit, that would be enough.

I dont expect him to declare any new development until the fine details of the deal are done.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, however I was under the impression the ACC had already floated the idea of the AFC taking over and managing the Aquatic Centre. At the moment the Aquatic Centre has turned into an expensive white elephant for them to maintain and manage.

AFC still have approx 19 or 20 years left on the lease of the land and buildings they occupy at WL. No pressure to move. Do the SANFL still own the land? And do the SANFL want access to the money tied up at WL for the benefit of the league? Does the council want the lad turned into residential to access rates and increase the population within the council.

Where does the state government fit into helping AFC move to a more appropriate (better location)?

AFC currently is in a pretty good bargaining position. No real need to hurry. Facilities at WL are still reasonably new.

The new Freo training centre cost $110m

If we went down this road, how long would this take for financing, planning, construction and dealing with the ACC / Ann Moran / Adelaide Parklands Preservation Association?

The new Freo training centre cost $110m

If we went down this road, how long would this take for financing, planning, construction and dealing with the ACC / Ann Moran / Adelaide Parklands Preservation Association?

port might have won their 2nd flag by then

Back