New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New AFL Video Game - Part 4

Agreed. We just need to cater for those who are merely updating the stat's to reflect the real world rather than having the 22 Abletts as Ant_ suggested above (I personally would not see why you would do that, but then I don't get the idea of cheat codes either :) )

Agreed I don't see the point, then again I don't see the point of One Man Army and constant Noob Tubes in MW2 but there is 10's of thousands out there who use it as cheap way of getting kill steaks.

Heard about this game a while back, hadn't heard anything else till now. Found this thread and now I'm REALLY excited!

THE NEW AFL GAME IS ACTUALLY COMING!!!! :)

will it def be released in 2010?

Heard about this game a while back, hadn't heard anything else till now. Found this thread and now I'm REALLY excited!

THE NEW AFL GAME IS ACTUALLY COMING!!!! :)

will it def be released in 2010?

Read the FAQ first (sticky thread on top of the Video Games forum)

Edit : Gone with your idea HBK re the title

Read the FAQ first (sticky thread on top of the Video Games forum)

Edit : Gone with your idea HBK re the title

With the current youthful generations mindset, they likely wont even finish reading the title of the thread before clicking on it Ant. Perhaps put it before "New AFL Video Game Part 4"

Hi Ross,

I owe you an apology for my silly comments a couple of days ago, they were uncalled for. I was in a rare mood at the time and let it get in the way of common sense.

I also want to apologise to the other members of Bigfooty, I must've come across as a real tool. :(

I understand that you're doing us a favour by coming in here and interacting with us. I appreciate the feedback. And I have to say this game is sounding pretty damn good. I can't wait to play it. :)

Cheers :thumbsu:

I suggest putting in *big bold letters which is underlined* saying "The Release date is unknown, and will be up to the publishers to decide when; not 'Big Ant!'
(In the F.A.Q thread of course, at the top.)
For people who like to skim-read thread (s).

Reserves stats during a season
Unfortunately you will not know how your reserve players, who were not in your 22 performed - you could simulate that by editing the stats's to reflect the "real world" if you wished. Otherwise in the next version we could just give random stat's but I don't much like that idea.

If you guys could develop a system for the next game where reserves games stats are recorded, and count for progression of players; that would be really good.

When trading for players do you have to actually trade other players for them and come to a deal or can you just swap them for whatever :|

EDIT: Sorry just saw in the FAQ that players can be traded by just swaping lists their on, I think thats abit easy and it would be good if you had to actually come up with a deal to trade players but anyway the game is looking great :)

Seeing it's only really 1 v 1 online, would there be a penalty for rage quitting? I can just see this happening a lot once someone starts dominating.

I just read the answers to Lynchy's quuestions(?) as that is awesome that we can make our own team kits and such :thumbsu:
But more questions from me -
1. Will players go to ground in marking contests or will they always stand like in AFL 07?
2. If there is a loose ball, will players dive on to it or will they go and pick it up?

Cheers

I just read the answers to Lynchy's quuestions(?) as that is awesome that we can make our own team kits and such :thumbsu:
But more questions from me -
1. Will players go to ground in marking contests or will they always stand like in AFL 07?
2. If there is a loose ball, will players dive on to it or will they go and pick it up?

Cheers

1. Players will go to ground after marking and other contests.

2. Players will try to keep their feet and pick the ball up.

Hi Ross,

A question I just recently thought of was, do certain elite players, such as Buddy Franklin, Jonathan Brown and Gary Ablett have their own unique kicking style? I realise this may be a bit too much to add into the game on the first attempt but just wondering how different each player is once a game is in motion?

Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Ross :D,

Will training mode allow the whole team to be afield or only one player at a time? Would be pretty cool if it were like the NBA games and all the players would be taking shots on goal and stuff.

will the game show pregame stuff? like the players running out onto the ground and through the banner, coin toss between the 2 captains.

I'm little disappointed but not totally, to see we only get one team to create, was looking forward to creating a local country league from my area into the game with the create-a-team/create-a-league modes. oh well i guess i'll just stick with making a tassie side. still excited to be able to make a tassie team!

would future versions possibly allow for more than one team to be created as well as have say a set number of (let's call them) generic local/country type grounds or an option of create-a-stadium mode available to simulate country leagues from one's local area? this would kick ass, something to consider for down the road! Imagine creating the league you played under 18's with or reserves or seniors or what ever, playing on them old single grandstand grounds in the sticks lol

Good to hear news finally about this game, but if the EB Guru is right for a release of early 2011, well then lets just wait and see how it is closer to teh date.
It's taken 18-20 months almost since inital annoucnment to hear more.

I read they said they had been working on NRL and coudlnt' say so due to I guess the Wii version.
Why then annouce the AFl in 2008.
Sorry to be a party pooper, But I am not going to get excited about a game that may be 1/2 a year away.
Poor maketing.
At least I hope they call it AFL 2011

But I am not going to get excited about a game that may be 1/2 a year away.
Poor maketing.
At least I hope they call it AFL 2011

Marketing has nothing to do with the Developer, that would be the publisher.

will the game show pregame stuff? like the players running out onto the ground and through the banner, coin toss between the 2 captains.
that would be awesome. they should do what they do on chanel 10 when theirs 5 minutes to go in the last quarter they should change from count down to continuous count up, so if its a close game you can feels the edge to the game in the dying moments

I was also wondering what the Scoring will look like, is it like the Fox Sports scoreboard or the Channel 10 Scoreboard.

I couldn't find any pictures but do you know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back