New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, just Maybe the publisher doesnt want to release anything because they will release it during around the time of the finals when everyone has "footy fever" and they want it to be a bit of a surprise

Conspiracy :confused:

Now it comes to the AFL and we can create 18 teams...wow. What are we going to create exactly? I doubt even the biggest SANFL fan could be bothered recreating every team and every player. In these created teams can we at least add in existing players? If that were the case, I'd probably make some state of origin teams and other rep sides, but I can't think of too many other things. Can we customise the jumper?

This may sound rude but I reckon these customisation tools may just be a poor way of compensating for not being bothered to add in trading and drafting.
I don't think it's about compensation. Obviously they've already had options for customising teams, jumpers (as has already been said you CAN customise jumpers) and players from the NRL game so they just used the same features and brought it to the AFL game (plus it allows people to add the 2 extra teams that coming into 2011 (depending on when the game is out) they might need to add an extra one or two.

It's pretty obvious why there is no proper trading or drafting system, Can I ask you what you thought of the drafting and trading systems from AFL 2007 and previous AFL titles? Did you think it was good? I'm gonna guess you would say no, they were shit and this is why BigAnt wouldn't want to be adding it without a really good system in place as it seems if they're going to do something they want it done right, not half arsed. Let them give it a good year or more to nut out a good trading and drafting system.
i wish bigant just bloody released a trailer or something what do u guys think
Nah I don't think anyone wants a trailer...:rolleyes:

Jeez some cracker posts in this thread.:thumbsdown:

just a small thing too - in that faq thread picture of naitanui leading

the way he is looking towards where the ball carrier is and leading - wouldnt you naturally lead/point with your right arm in that situation - not your left?

bit unco to lead with left arm in that position

Looks like they've captured Naitanui perfectly then.

I don't think it's about compensation. Obviously they've already had options for customising teams, jumpers (as has already been said you CAN customise and import jumpers) and players from the NRL game so they just used the same features and brought it to the AFL game (plus it allows people to add the 2 extra teams that coming into 2011 (depending on when the game is out) they might need to add an extra one or two.

It's pretty obvious why there is no proper trading or drafting system, Can I ask you what you thought of the drafting and trading systems from AFL 2007 and previous AFL titles? Did you think it was good? I'm gonna guess you would say no, they were shit and this is why BigAnt wouldn't want to be adding it without a really good system in place as it seems if they're going to do something they want it done right, not half arsed. Let them give it a good year or more to nut out a good trading and drafting system.Nah I don't think anyone wants a trailer...:rolleyes:

Jeez some cracker posts in this thread.:thumbsdown:

Well the trading could be interesting but it was genuinely too easy to get a team of stars. Did they have drafting? I only vaguely remember it. From memory though there were heaps of lots of guys drafted with uncommon names like Pavlich and Riewoldt haha.

I understand that they don't want to put in something that's half baked but any mode with multiple seasons and no trading or drafting system IS half baked. They've also had plenty of time to implement a good drafting/trading system.

I must admit I'd forgotten about the 2 new teams but I'd assumed that at least the Gold Coast team would be included, otherwise it'd already be out of date by next year, but that really depends on when the game gets released.

I would suggest if you want your questions read by Ross, you don't bury it behind face palm pictures and useless banter when someone asks a question answered in the FAQ.

Direct the poster to the FAQ then leave it. (And if someone has directed the poster to the FAQ we don't need a "here here" post).

Saves me having to clean up the thread every time as well. :cool:

Re: New AFL Video Game - Part 4

The rosters can be changed manually so we can create our own players/new draftees if we wish, or even just create a whole team ourself and use it in a season, that is pretty kick arse!!!

now that is awesome!

I can add my local Country Footy team and chuck em in the AFL :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will it be possible to play through a season playing EVERY game? I used to love doing it in AFL 99, playing every game of the season and seeing the ladder and such form as I'd played it.

With every AFL game latley you had to pick one team and go through with only that team, will it be different this year? (please tell me it will lol)

Will it be possible to play through a season playing EVERY game? I used to love doing it in AFL 99, playing every game of the season and seeing the ladder and such form as I'd played it.

With every AFL game latley you had to pick one team and go through with only that team, will it be different this year? (please tell me it will lol)

Interesting idea. It'd probably fall under the "I doubt many people could be bothered doing that so we won't include it" catagory, even though it'd be very easy to implement.

Well the trading could be interesting but it was genuinely too easy to get a team of stars. Did they have drafting? I only vaguely remember it. From memory though there were heaps of lots of guys drafted with uncommon names like Pavlich and Riewoldt haha.
Yep, was a terrible system and it just didn't work anywhere near what anybody would want.
I understand that they don't want to put in something that's half baked but any mode with multiple seasons and no trading or drafting system IS half baked. They've also had plenty of time to implement a good drafting/trading system.

I must admit I'd forgotten about the 2 new teams but I'd assumed that at least the Gold Coast team would be included, otherwise it'd already be out of date by next year, but that really depends on when the game gets released.
It's only half baked if the game is half baked in itself. It's been made quite abundantly clear that BigAnt's first and foremost feature to get right is GAMEPLAY.

They may have had plenty of time to implement a drafting and trading system (and let's not forget IR Gurus/Transmission had more than 5 years to do that and still couldn't) but what implementing that might've done was take away from the refining of the gameplay and adding as many features to that as possible. The simple fact is that if the game isn't fun then you're not going to want to play multiple seasons regardless, so they will make the gameplay as good as they possibly can then move onto the things that keep longevity in the game like trading and drafting during seasons.

At least now they will have at least another year to implement the trading and drafting system and make it truly good.
do Collingwood have a away strip??
Fully Licensed Game, only licensed product will be in the game, ie, all jumpers/logos shall be those that are currently under license.
Snippet tommorow! I'd rather see a contest then TJ to be honest.
FAIL!:thumbsdown: TJ FTW!!!

Yeah i'd much rather too see a pic of the gameplay such as a marking contest then another player portrait.

To be honest I quite liked the Draft/trading system in AFL premiership but although it was really flawed i loved being able to take your pick of random players and build them up into a solid player.I would prefer to have that than a manual system.

Biggest flaw in trading.*offer to trade pick 2 for pick 1,AI "DEAL!"

:D hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back