New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha. It's just one of those things I like to do for variety. When you play every game, I find it interesting to see who get's what. Would be especially interesting when it came to Coleman medals and brownlows etc. Fun to see how everything turns out, even the ladder's interesting aswell. Of coarse, it's a time-consuming process but... it's fun :)

All they have to do is allow you to play every game in season mode. Of coarse you couldn't do career mode with all the teams because it'd be hectic training players etc at the end, but a constant season thing with the same players listed (even if only for a year) would be awesome imo.

You can play every game of the season.

Hey Ross,

Hope you had a nice weekend, anyways my question regarding AFL 10 is below:

Does the scoreboard have pop-up features such as 'Didak: Running Hot - 5 Possessions this quarter' or if a player lines up at goal, his previous attempts?

Thanks

The "catchup" mode won't be applied to player v player. The catch-up system is designed to always present a challenge to the player (but I can guarantee that our system won't allow the AI to "cheat" - as HBK619 says become supermen).

There will be penalties for quitting an online game, unless you are a certain number of goals ahead, then there is a mercy rule option as in FIFA.

You have one team to completely create, but 17 that you can strip of regular players and put your own in.

The ruck must be contested, it is a big part of the game. You will get control of where it is tapped/punched too and then midfielder that receives the ball.

Sponsors at the grounds will be the official ones. Grounds include:
Manuka,Carrara,MCG,Skilled,Etihad Stadium,GABBA,Aurora,AAMI,Subiaco,SCG,TIO,ANZ

There is no VFL, WAFL, SANFL, NT, QAFL shipping with the original release of the game.

As said before, we could have put in a half-baked draft system but we have a golden rule here, if it's not fun or adding to the game then it is not going in.

Hey Ross,

Hope you had a nice weekend, anyways my question regarding AFL 10 is below:

Does the scoreboard have pop-up features such as 'Didak: Running Hot - 5 Possessions this quarter' or if a player lines up at goal, his previous attempts?

Thanks

I think you had a better Saturday than I had :(

There are a lot of these sort of HUD elements, especially at stoppages and shots at goal.

I think you had a better Saturday than I had :(

There are a lot of these sort of HUD elements, especially at stoppages and shots at goal.

Shame my "Keeping up with the Joneses" Achievement was 9 goals off this Sunday, though will take a 70 point win. :)

How is the achievement\trophy judging going?

G'Day BigAnt,
Just wondering when the new snippet of the "unknown" player was going to be posted?
Really looking forward to seeing the detail in "unknown TJ player".

Thanks for all the info you've given us so far, very much appreciated by all of us.

Shame my "Keeping up with the Joneses" Achievement was 9 goals off this Sunday, though will take a 70 point win. :)

How is the achievement\trophy judging going?

Don't really want to talk about footy much, incredible sadness ever since that Hawks game :(

The guys and I are looking at them now - expect an answer by 2:30PM Melbourne time.

Don't really want to talk about footy much, incredible sadness ever since that Hawks game :(

The guys and I are looking at them now - expect an answer by 2:30PM Melbourne time.

2.30!? Awesome!! I know its not very likely but I can still pray for a gameplay footage of Didak booting one from 50 against the Cats haha thanks Ross hope you're recovering from your Hawks sadness now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi ross

would it be possible to add more create-a-team's in future versions, with a couple of generic "country" grounds, so we can create our own local country leagues? this is something i am disappointed about with the create a team for this first version, still very excited that i get to create a tassie side however!!

if done right it'll just be slightly harder. not tonnes harder.

Look at it in real life, a lot of teams when they get that far in front drop off the intensity and the opposition get a few cheap goals to even up the scoreline.

Hi ross

would it be possible to add more create-a-team's in future versions, with a couple of generic "country" grounds, so we can create our own local country leagues? this is something i am disappointed about with the create a team for this first version, still very excited that i get to create a tassie side however!!

Agreed that more creatable sides would be great. I can't imagine why they are only including one, if it's about the draw then you can still limit an AFL season to 18 teams and make the 17 standards unable to be moved.

You could still have an unlimited number of created teams available for when you create custom tournaments. Pair this with the ability to copy players (allowing players to be on more than one list at a time) and you could create your own State of Origin teams and have them face off. You could do all sorts of combinations, All Star teams, Indigenous teams, you could even copy a player and fill a team with them if you wanted.

i'm going to create a team and recruit all of my friends. We'll be the Mongooses, that's a cool team name, the Fighting Mongooses. I'd hate if I had to delete that team if I ever wanted to create another just for fun.

Agreed that more creatable sides would be great. I can't imagine why they are only including one, if it's about the draw then you can still limit an AFL season to 18 teams and make the 17 standards unable to be moved.

You could still have an unlimited number of created teams available for when you create custom tournaments. Pair this with the ability to copy players (allowing players to be on more than one list at a time) and you could create your own State of Origin teams and have them face off. You could do all sorts of combinations, All Star teams, Indigenous teams, you could even copy a player and fill a team with them if you wanted.

i'm going to create a team and recruit all of my friends. We'll be the Mongooses, that's a cool team name, the Fighting Mongooses. I'd hate if I had to delete that team if I ever wanted to create another just for fun.

Pff, I am going to be the King Cobra's...King Cobra's are soooo much cooler than mongoose's. Tougher as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back