New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, embarrassed here :eek: - I was in a rush to grab a shot before I headed home tonight - I think the match I played before this one was at Subi and I forgot to change the ground.

On the logos/sponsors, as posted by someone above, I can't use sponsors on jumpers as I do not have clearance from them.

With the strange polygon on Gibbs leg - this looks OK in motion - there are very few games that don't have some intersection issues, particularily those that have tackling. With that and the ball colour, at least you know I haven't touched it up!
Don't worry Ross! I couldn't care less if it's the Gabba or Subiaco, at least the grounds looking good.

Average? What more do you guys want? All we were getting was shitty clones of each other before, now were getting life like models with much better features and gameplay. What more do you want?
BigAnt have done a great job if you ask me and there only going to get better in the next 5 years!

Hey Ross,

How do you find playing the game so far, as in what do you think needs to be touched up before it's released and what is pretty much done and dusted?

And what do you think in the end will be the best part of the game?

As with the rugby game do you think there will be a pre-order special?

I don't think we can say these screenshots are bad when I find that no matter how good a sports games graphics are, whenever you take a screenshot of the game it always takes it down a notch or two.

Hate to say I agree, but remember it is a stock snapshot of a match in motion. You can tell when the game will be in the motion everything will probably look 10x better. The player portrait pics themselves look fantastic though. Really grateful for what you are doing BigAnt. :thumbsu:
Very true, BigAnt is a legend for even putting it on here, who cares, I can see who the player is and if the game works in my PS3, I will be a very happy man

I have only 1 problem with the game so far, and that is that all the boots are black. Even then I don't care that much about it, cause it looks so freakin amazing BigAnt!

I'd buy it even if it came out in the off season
On the boots, it is kind of disappointing that their are only black boots, but still, doesn't really matter!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could obviously tell it was TJ. Had absoloutely no idea whatsoever that it was Gibbs until someone confirmed it. But it was probs because of the angle of the shot.

For an action shot, with tackling and with rain its actually a really good shot. the graphics look amazing. Cant wait to see someone having a bounce on a sunny day.

So Ross, just wondering how the framerate plays in the game. In the past matches sometimes it could get a bit.....choppy. How smoothly does the game play?

Correct.

Gibbs Tackling
Leunberger looking for the handball, disappointed at TJ getting mowed down :p
At the Gabba
I don't want to call you a liar but are you sure that's Leuenberger??? First thought for mine was that it's Mitch Clark and I still can't get that out of my head when I look at it. Just has the same features. Hair, eyes, face shape just looks like Clark more than Leuenberger. Sure you didn't make a mistake like you did with the Gabba?:p;)
There are nor sponsors on the jumpers or around the grounds (only afl and toyota) because ross said that they are pre release pics and havent got permission to put sponsors in the pre-release photos, he said they'll be in the game on either part 2 or 3 long time ago i think when dale thomas one was shown
NicNat does have the 'Hungry Jacks' logo on his back though (Might have to be re-edited).:eek:
what you mean by that lol :S
I'm guessing he means "In the past games the framerate would sometimes could get a bit.....choppy. How smoothly does the game play?" Do you understand English or are you just not sure about life?:confused:
With the strange polygon on Gibbs leg - this looks OK in motion - there are very few games that don't have some intersection issues, particularily those that have tackling. With that and the ball colour, at least you know I haven't touched it up!
It's definitely a good enough snippet. There's not a whole lot of games that look really great with in-game screenshots that haven't been cleaned up. Even Killzone 2's screenshots without cleaning up look pretty terrible. It's a static image of an in motion game, you can't expect it to look glisteningly clean and perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back