New AFL Video Game - Part 5 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn annoyed about release date oh well hopefully it will be released in feb to coincide with nab cup and hopefully a press release this year also will the extra time be devoted to the wii version or will there be further developement on a drafting or trading system I hope but doubt there will be a section for legends or 2010 retirees that could have like what was suggested earlier with something like Andrew mcloid or something have to say this delay will be a huge boost for me getting RLL

I hope that the news of a Wii release doesn't mean the graphics for the more capable consoles will suffer.

any chance of unlockables being added Ross? such as the players that have retired this year?

It's been on my mind a lot - I will be pushing as hard as I can, no promises but we have already done a lot of work on the retirees...

Just went to bigant website after posting and found out about cricket by big ant studios sounds good I have ashes cricket 2009 hopefully this will be good big ant are gonna be raking in the money after afl cricket and RLL are all released

I hope that the news of a Wii release doesn't mean the graphics for the more capable consoles will suffer.

The Wii has no impact on the PS3/360/PC graphics.

The graphics for the PS3/360/PC will be at least as good as the snippets I have posted previously.

The Wii has no impact on the PS3/360/PC graphics.

The graphics will be at least as good as the snippets I have posted previously.
I'm just wondering how long has it been known that it would be released on Wii? Or is it just something added recently which Big Ant will work on for the next 5-6 months?

It's been on my mind a lot - I will be pushing as hard as I can, no promises but we have already done a lot of work on the retirees...
Maybe you should have the whole 2010 lists included as say an unlockable because players like fev will obviously not be considered legends

Maybe you should have the whole 2010 lists included as say an unlockable because players like fev will obviously not be considered legends

Not a bad idea at all... I will try hard.

im all for the game being pushed back, it should now become very polished and fairly bug free when released :). Looking forward to hearing about the new features that might be added due to the delay

Now that we soughta know what's happening with the afl game I've suddenly developed more interest in the cricket title. Was wondering if Ross has anything to share on the cricket title cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Nicholas,

AFL on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 will be released tomorow

Hopefully you enjoy the game and this proves that any bob, dick or harry can make a fake e-mail from HES...

could be true but yeahhhhhhhh.... doubt it will be on wii too

Best Regards,

David Robles
Business Development Manager
Home Entertainment Suppliers P/L
Tru Blu Games
115 Bonds Road,
Riverwood NSW 2210
Australia

I'm not going to lie, this post confused the shit out of me.

hey people,

just got some news regarding the game so i thought i'd join and let you all know. its not great news but gives you a indication of when to expect the game. i sent an email to HES a few weeks ago and recently got a reply. the email is below:

Dear Jammo,

AFL on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii will be released in the first half of 2011.

We are working hard to ensure we deliver the best possible AFL experience on console and we thank you for your continued support and patience.

It's possible that the Nintendo Wii version may come out slightly earlier.

Best Regards,

David Robles
Business Development Manager
Home Entertainment Suppliers P/L
Tru Blu Games
115 Bonds Road,
Riverwood NSW 2210
Australia

Sucks that it going to be out next year, but at least we have got information that we have all wanted to hear for a very long time.

NOW I get it.

Thanks Ross for letting us know about the release date.

Now that it has been delayed can you share any things that you guys will now change or add to the game with the extra time?

Maybe time to add a Career mode?

Or any other things to add to the replayability.

Is the game "finished" as in ready to go apart from the Gold Coast team?

I think most of use could see the delay happening, I'm a tad disappointed as I was looking forward to it but I can totally understand you guys had no choice.

Are you going to continue feeding us information and pictures of the game leading up to it?

And again I appreciate the info from you.

Guys guys guys....

BigAnt will simply be touching up some minor changes and updates, why would they add more major features like Career modes etc, these sort of things take a fair bit of time to develop one would think. They can't afford to delay the game any longer past preseason 2011 I think. So Feb/March looks the gods IMO.

Changes I think they will implement:
- The Gold Coast list.

- Commentators will have to come back in and get the Rookies etc, 2009 personal glorys etc like brownlow medalist, premiers stuff like that.

- Teams squads with the addition of newly traded players and draftees etc.

Home Entertainment Suppliers are advertising for game testers on my uni's careers site, one of the requirements being "Understanding of AFL rules and game play".

Ehh god :eek:
Sucks for lions fans.
Ross, any chance of giving you an achievement for winning with the Lions in easy?
I agree for the next five games make it win a match with the Brisbane Lions on any difficulty, coz that will be seriously hard to do.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back