New AFL Video Game - Part 5 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would if i had the Money , and its just my view on the game no one said you have to base the game on my view did they ?

Based an opinion on a game that has not even had one review, that is yet to be released?

Don't you think you're jumping the gun?

In afl 2007 half the time you couldnt trade for who you wanted anyway and its way better being able to make your own players instead of drafting fake guys and then editing them and they end up looking nothing like the guy your trying to make

That's so true, I still play 07 and I just edited players to the same as the Swans current list, obviously its not the same but its still fun.

I've been long waiting for this game and Ross has really been a top bloke for the way he has given us so much information, many other companies would not go to this much effort. (I know I've only been a member for a few days but in the past I'd just be lurking :p )

Going to be one of the WORST AFL games made. NO DRAFT or TRADE WEEK and you joking ?

One thing i like about Rating a game good is its season modes. how you can get new players and try and get a better team for the next year.

If i was Rating this game outta 10 , It has already started with a -2 before it even comes out.

I think if you want people to buy this crap you should sell it for around $50 cause it will get boring VERY VERY quick.

why not just scrap the season and just make it a online game to play against friends. till you get everything up and running better.

GOING to be a MASSIVE FAIL this game - Ill buy it just so you think its good and hopefully make a better game next time that HAS DRAFT AND TRADES
People have like different things like i don't like lord of the rings movie but people seem to like it so people have different tastes.. for mine Draft and Trade week should of been added.

Game Play is what makes every game based on the RL game its going to be VERY POOR and all this wait is all going to be for nothing.
BUT hopefully i am proven wrong
Despite half of what you're saying being completely contradictory throughout each and every post, on top of that being half way in-comprehensible as well.

There will be a technical trading and drafting system. It will be manual but if you care so much about it you'll use it.

Last thing, stop complaining about stuff you have no idea about, granted you sound like someone who will just find any little thing to complain about anyway...:rolleyes:
This is probably part of my ignorance but wouldnt something like including the draft and trade week be easy in comparison to programming gameplay, player imagery and tactics..
And if the game were to come out next year then wouldnt this give them sufficient time to include it if its going to course such a stir with gamers..

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong. :thumbsu:
Yes it is your ignorance. While a simplistic drafting and trading could be added (probably within time), there are all sorts of issues that come with doing so. For one the nature of it being simplistic will lead to everyone most likely saying "why was it included when it's so simplistic?!!?!". Otherwise there's issues of bugs popping up throughout the implementation, having to fix those can takes weeks if not months, which can lead to delays of the game. Then after all of that the system can still just look, feel and really be half baked and crap.

It's better to do something really well than just having something there that isn't great at all. It's also better to have a distinct focus on the thing that if it isn't any good in the first place nobody will be playing anything else regardless, in gameplay. So wait a year and we'll see a trading and drafting system (of which Ross has basically stated they want to spend time making a full and complete trading and drafting system so you can probably expect it in the 2nd iteration). It all comes down to patience.

Well "shakes head" i dont know how they come up with silly price's like this

Well they haven't, as there is no price for it yet

Based an opinion on a game that has not even had one review, that is yet to be released?

Don't you think you're jumping the gun?

Or seen any actual gameplay footage. We have seen nothing but snippets from the game. Not even a fuull screen shot. Yet he feels he is qualified to say the game is crap...

Hey, i might just talk about this movie coming out. I have only seen some stills and its still in post production, but it will fail. Director has done a god awful job :rolleyes:

It will only be good if you have mates to play it against

"other wise" It be crap FAIL bring on the next AFL GAME

Like someone else said this has to be post of the century.

So i take it your use to playing games solo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus u are entitled to ur opinion but the difference in saying it and pushing it on ppl makes all the difference in how it is recieved so go learn some ppl skills if that is possible

:rolleyes:Yes it is your ignorance. While a simplistic drafting and trading could be added (probably within time), there are all sorts of issues that come with doing so. For one the nature of it being simplistic will lead to everyone most likely saying "why was it included when it's so simplistic?!!?!". Otherwise there's issues of bugs popping up throughout the implementation, having to fix those can takes weeks if not months, which can lead to delays of the game. Then after all of that the system can still just look, feel and really be half baked and crap.

It's better to do something really well than just having something there that isn't great at all. It's also better to have a distinct focus on the thing that if it isn't any good in the first place nobody will be playing anything else regardless, in gameplay. So wait a year and we'll see a trading and drafting system (of which Ross has basically stated they want to spend time making a full and complete trading and drafting system so you can probably expect it in the 2nd iteration). It all comes down to patience.

Oh okay thanks for the info..
Do you think if this game doesn't sell to expectation there will be another version?

I have looked and cant find the answer to this question but does the game faeture gold coast and for example faeture rischitelli for them if the are?

I have looked and cant find the answer to this question but does the game faeture gold coast and for example faeture rischitelli for them if the are?
Its implied that they are in, if it comes out next year then yea it will have the actual list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh okay thanks for the info..
Do you think if this game doesn't sell to expectation there will be another version?
It really depends on what expectations are. If they set their expectations to make a tidy profit (or just a small loss) and then build on that in coming years (where development costs are then much lower) then they'll do that fairly easily. If however they have set expectations fairly high, then there could be a few issues.

I would doubt that they wouldn't at least create 2 titles, as it's stupid to just give it one effort and be done with it.

With BigAnt's current wording on things regarding future editions too it would seem they do have a contract for perhaps several years already so unless it sold 2 copies Australia wide they will be making more versions.:)

Went into eb and asked about a realese day today and got the anwser... "it was due to come out this month but the prduction company had a disagreement with Microsoft, whch has set the realese date back 3-5 months"

bloody Microsoft...

Went into eb and asked about a realese day today and got the anwser... "it was due to come out this month but the prduction company had a disagreement with Microsoft, whch has set the realese date back 3-5 months"

bloody Microsoft...

EB wouldn't know jack, they would have a clue about what is being released and when, until they see it on the their order list.

The game will be a pass if it is better than AFL 2006, in my mind

Just the speed of the game, looking at RLL, makes it an improvement for mine. Previous AFL games are so slow and it took an age to kick and handball, this looks miles more promising in that regard

hey people,

just got some news regarding the game so i thought i'd join and let you all know. its not great news but gives you a indication of when to expect the game. i sent an email to HES a few weeks ago and recently got a reply. the email is below:

Dear Jammo,

AFL on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii will be released in the first half of 2011.

We are working hard to ensure we deliver the best possible AFL experience on console and we thank you for your continued support and patience.

It's possible that the Nintendo Wii version may come out slightly earlier.

Best Regards,

David Robles
Business Development Manager
Home Entertainment Suppliers P/L
Tru Blu Games
115 Bonds Road,
Riverwood NSW 2210
Australia

Sucks that it going to be out next year, but at least we have got information that we have all wanted to hear for a very long time.

hi guys take its for wat its worth ...

i rang to eb games stores in melbourne ...one girl said the game got canned cuz publisher went bankrupt!..g there r baffoons working in stores these days lol... second one i walked into was in elizabeth street which is only around the corner from bigant studios and the guy at that eb says that he speaks to guys from bigant at least once every week and they told him they dont know a realease date due to the being a team in the game which isnt in the compitetion as of yet ..(gold coast of course) ..so i think its safe to say it defianly wont b till next year ..

ill b happy with that cuz at least we will have a official gold coast list and team

Hopefully this ends all of the stupid debates then

.... until January

If that's accurate news then I'm glad - releasing the game at the end of the season is silly, especially with the way AFL rosters work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back