New AFL Video Game - Part 5 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the PS2 graphics, surely this game still needs a fair bit of work?
*Looks at avatar*...............Oh, I see what you did there...

This is PS2 quality?
4816462151_74c7909572_b.jpg

Link? All I see is wonderful, gorgeous next-gen graphics...

Perhaps a shoddy monitor on your end?

They aren't wonderful graphics. Obviously you don't play that many games. Take a look at Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Uncharted etc... Or if you want to compare sports games look at FIFA 10 or NBA 2K10. They destroy this AFL game in overall presentation in every single aspect.

They aren't wonderful graphics. Obviously you don't play that many games. Take a look at Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Uncharted etc... Or if you want to compare sports games look at FIFA 10 or NBA 2K10. They destroy this AFL game in overall presentation in every single aspect.

You just do not compare those games to AFL, you got to understand that this a company that is small and doesn't have the budget like the ea sports does. I think big ant have done a very good job with the graphics, if you compare the ps2 graphics with the ps3 graphics their is an outstanding difference.

it would be cool if they had a match rating system, much like in the South Africa World Cup Game. Then, at the end of each season, every player gets an average rating..and say for example, Lenny Hayes. So if he is out of contract and ONLY when he is out of contract...the AI can cut him if he has an average of say 3.2. Obviously Lenny Hayes would'nt be dropped, im just using an example. And if say someone like Sam Gilbert has an average rating of 8.5, he can get moved into the leadership group, then maybe maybe vice captain and captain if he keeps his rating up.

You just do not compare those games to AFL, you got to understand that this a company that is small and doesn't have the budget like the ea sports does. I think big ant have done a very good job with the graphics, if you compare the ps2 graphics with the ps3 graphics their is an outstanding difference.

I already know that, but it doesn't make the graphics as awesome as everyone is saying they are.

Hey Ross i know you would get alot of questions but a question/idea i have is a Fantasy draft before your season? I know some computer manager games and NFL & NBA games have them and you can draft your own team at the start. Will this be a feature in the game??

Thanks.

Hey Ross i know you would get alot of questions but a question/idea i have is a Fantasy draft before your season? I know some computer manager games and NFL & NBA games have them and you can draft your own team at the start. Will this be a feature in the game??

Thanks.
I don't really understand your question but if you read the FAQ there's no draft.

The AFL game is as non-stop as possible, the "impact" monents are treated differently to RLL, if for no other reason than that it is the only way that the advantage rule can work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross,

Is there a free agency list consisting of players who are on current VFL teams or just formerly dropped players such as Aker?

Thanks

I don't really understand your question but if you read the FAQ there's no draft.
I dont mean a national draft at seasons end, Have you played NBA or Madden? At the start of your season you pick the "Fantasy Draft" option and insted of using your teams list all the teams start with no players and have a draft from all the current AFL players, Understand?

Wonderful? Gorgeous? No.

I'm taking it you guys aren't silly enough to compare a small aussie developer's games with the largest sports video game company in the world EA Sports, right? Oh, you are :eek:

If you want to donate the insane amount of money it takes to pump out an EA title to Big Ant Studios, I'm sure your extremely high standards would be met.

So again, what wonderful and gorgeous graphics they are (when put into a REALISTIC perspective, taking into account the budget, man power and shear resources available - which I had assumed most people would be bright enough to do).

Maybe that's because this game has been made from scratch, where as other sports games have been developed over a period of roughly ten years.

These graphics are magnificent in the time that they have had.

If game does come out next year you should leave all retired delisted players in just as a free agents.

An idea/suggestion for Ross and BAS,

I've been playing NBA 2k10 a bit lately and i'm really enjoying the my player/be a pro mode (or whatever you want to call it). I know you have said it is something you guys are looking at for future releases which i must admit i am greatly excited about.

My suggestion to BAS is that if you are going to include this game mode, you will need to do it correctly to satisfy fans, i.e. obtaining licensing from the TAC Cup, VFL, SANFL, WAFL, QAFL and NSWAFL, so we can start the player out as a young 16 or 17 year old in the under 18's trying to get drafted to an AFL team, and also so we have all the AFL team's reserves for when you are not performing at senior level you get dropped to the reserves.

I personally wouldn't focus on official players and grounds from these leagues however as this could become very time consuming, generic players at these levels would satisfy my just fine and as for the grounds just design a handful (five or six) of generic country grounds would be fine.

I know I'm just a nobody as far as game designing and gaming is concerned, but i thought these ideas were worth sharing for a possible future be a pro mode.

I dont mean a national draft at seasons end, Have you played NBA or Madden? At the start of your season you pick the "Fantasy Draft" option and insted of using your teams list all the teams start with no players and have a draft from all the current AFL players, Understand?

this is what i wanted too

dont think its in the game

would be pretty easy to implement too

I'm taking it you guys aren't silly enough to compare a small aussie developer's games with the largest sports video game company in the world EA Sports, right? Oh, you are :eek:

If you want to donate the insane amount of money it takes to pump out an EA title to Big Ant Studios, I'm sure your extremely high standards would be met.

So again, what wonderful and gorgeous graphics they are (when put into a REALISTIC perspective, taking into account the budget, man power and shear resources available - which I had assumed most people would be bright enough to do).

Additionally your making this sweeping staement based on pics that are part of a larger screenshot, that is taken from a game still in development.

Also when your actually play the game you will be seeing things from a significantly far back point of view, so any rough edges won't be as aparent. If you zoomed in on an RTS the units don't look all that flash. Cut the devs some slack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back