New AFL Video Game - Part 5 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The comment about aker could have been tounge in cheek, or it could be more of a case that he has been sacked it may be more of a legal thing as to include him in the game, as the bulldogs would probably not want him associated with their club.

They aren't wonderful graphics. Obviously you don't play that many games. Take a look at Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Uncharted etc... Or if you want to compare sports games look at FIFA 10 or NBA 2K10. They destroy this AFL game in overall presentation in every single aspect.

Comparing BigAnt to renowned company's like 2K and EA... of course they are going to get beaten.

At least with this AFL game players actually have resemblance unlike previous games.

If game does come out next year you should leave all retired delisted players in just as a free agents.

I wouldn't think the AFLPA would allow that. Like they said about not being able to have coaches in as they're not licensed, i'd assume since the retirees/delistees wouldn't be on an active list that they wouldn't be able to put them in.

I wouldn't think the AFLPA would allow that. Like they said about not being able to have coaches in as they're not licensed, i'd assume since the retirees/delistees wouldn't be on an active list that they wouldn't be able to put them in.

Or they could put there names like this Jazon Akermaniz

I can imagine all the noobs flocking to BF now, "lulz dey made a spellling mystake in da game!!1!1111"

this is what i wanted too

dont think its in the game

would be pretty easy to implement too

Why do so many people keep going on about the draft, and how its so "easy" to implement. Anyone who knows anything about developing software would know that even little things can take quite a lot of time to implement.
For the first release of the game, wouldn't you prefer that they spend the time getting the gameplay as best they can, and then things like this can be done in future iterations? I know I would rather have a game with the same players year after year & be fun, than one with a draft at the detriment of the gameplay.

The EA and 2K series have been developed bit by bit & perfected over a very long period of time (FIFA since early 90's from memory). You can't expect the first release of a new sport game to have the same features & polish that those games have, with the development team the size that companies like EA have. It's just unrealistic.

I for one think the game is looking great, and am very impressed by the list of things that are being included :thumbsu:

Why do so many people keep going on about the draft, and how its so "easy" to implement. Anyone who knows anything about developing software would know that even little things can take quite a lot of time to implement.
For the first release of the game, wouldn't you prefer that they spend the time getting the gameplay as best they can, and then things like this can be done in future iterations? I know I would rather have a game with the same players year after year & be fun, than one with a draft at the detriment of the gameplay.

The EA and 2K series have been developed bit by bit & perfected over a very long period of time (FIFA since early 90's from memory). You can't expect the first release of a new sport game to have the same features & polish that those games have, with the development team the size that companies like EA have. It's just unrealistic.

I for one think the game is looking great, and am very impressed by the list of things that are being included :thumbsu:

I'm in the exact same boat as you mate. I really dont care whether a draft option is in this years game since its the first of its kind, a Next-Gen AFL game. Besides Ross has already stated that we can move any player to any team at will, so if people are that into drafting just move whoever you want on your preferred team and then start the season with that new line up. Remember the draft in AFL 07? It was rare for a star player on a CPU team to actually NOT move to another team. A lot of tweaking will be involved for it to be accurate.

Remember they did say there would be different aims for each game. This one is aimed for fun, I don't think it would be fun if I couldnt make a team of superstars. Next game they might try to make as realistic as possible, therefor having a realistic trade/draft.

Remember they did say there would be different aims for each game. This one is aimed for fun, I don't think it would be fun if I couldnt make a team of superstars. Next game they might try to make as realistic as possible, therefor having a realistic trade/draft.

Yeah you're right man but like you said thats for the next game (AFL 11 or 12, who knows at this point?) so as far as this game goes I'm guessing people that have a lot of time on their hands can just pick players and move them all to new teams starting at Adelaide and ending at West Coast. When the game eventually comes out I'm only looking to add 2 or 3 players to Collingwood's current list (Perhaps Gibson, Zaharakis and Burgoyne) and just go from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great post. :thumbsu:

Unfortunately a lot of people have trouble understanding this.

Or you can create a Jason Akermanis if you wanted? Or a Jason Akermaniz if your heart desires.

I'm going to make a Bulldogs played called Julia Gillard :thumbsu:

Or you can create a Jason Akermanis if you wanted? Or a Jason Akermaniz if your heart desires.

I'm going to make a Bulldogs played called Julia Gillard :thumbsu:

Haha I'd name her Julian Gillard for male purposes of the game haha and nickname her "The Franga" in the midfield lol she'd win Brownlow for sure.

One of the aesthetic things I want in this game, is a fairly realistic Premiership celebration. The worst thing in AFL games was the celebration being really bland and un-realistic, I reckon Pro Evo 2010 got it just right when you win the Champions League, and using that as a basis would be perfect, and considering there's only one league to worry about in AFL it'd be just right.

[YOUTUBE]3RyF-gc2RKI[/YOUTUBE]

If you used this, changed the cup and got rid of the bit where they stand in a circle jumping, I'd be more than happy with that as a Premiership celebration.

Yes it's good but another of the Pro Evo's celebration factors is the streamers on the cup, it's those little things that I would just adore :D

But I certainly see what you mean with the celebration of players and the sadness of the losing team, as well as the commentator's talking about the specific team winning the cup, but Still as long as it's not a damn well victory lap with a still motion picture at the end, I'm happy!

Ben Cousins has to be in this...right?

Maybe even Richo as an unlockable? :p

Michael Voss was in the game the year after he retired because he was technically still on the Brisbane list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back