New AFL Video Game - Part 5 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did someone say press release?
Glenno did?:confused:

I think I've got a question that has potentially not been asked and it's come from watching the Tigers over the last few weeks try out a few KPD's as KPF's (Key Position Defenders/Key Position Forwards for the Facebookers out there;)).

Should we play someone (again I will throw up the real world examples here) like a Will Thursfield or Luke McGuane in the forward line after they've made themselves and played their whole career so far really as defenders will there be a proper impact of them playing like a defender should in the forward line.

I guess to put it more logically and explain it a little better, if we play a player out of position and more specifically out of their natural position (so exclude someone like Brian Lake going from defender to forward and back, etc) will they actually play poorly in that position that they're genuinely not used to? Or can someone slot into that position naturally?

This is something I feel has to be addressed as with the other AFL titles you could really play any player anywhere and there would be near to no ramifications for it. I can understand swapping around a young tall from forward to back to ruck or what not to find their true position. But if you're playing someone who has made themselves as a defender and then push them forward they really need to play like a true defender would as a forward.

unlockable characters would be an excellent idea, i would love to see this implemented
Unlockable players would be good.
Unlockable TEAMS would be better ;)
Pretty sure Ross has already said this stuff is out.

They only have the licence for all current AFL teams and players (thus the reason why jumpers like Coxy's beloved Ochre won't be in either).

I think I've got a question that has potentially not been asked and it's come from watching the Tigers over the last few weeks try out a few KPD's as KPF's (Key Position Defenders/Key Position Forwards for the Facebookers out there;)).

Should we play someone (again I will throw up the real world examples here) like a Will Thursfield or Luke McGuane in the forward line after they've made themselves and played their whole career so far really as defenders will there be a proper impact of them playing like a defender should in the forward line.

I guess to put it more logically and explain it a little better, if we play a player out of position and more specifically out of their natural position (so exclude someone like Brian Lake going from defender to forward and back, etc) will they actually play poorly in that position that they're genuinely not used to? Or can someone slot into that position naturally?

This is something I feel has to be addressed as with the other AFL titles you could really play any player anywhere and there would be near to no ramifications for it. I can understand swapping around a young tall from forward to back to ruck or what not to find their true position. But if you're playing someone who has made themselves as a defender and then push them forward they really need to play like a true defender would as a forward.

The way FIFA handled that was to put a reduction of skill on whoever is playing outside of a set group of positions, so you have a set range of areas for player X to play well in, and then it gets worse the further you position them outside of their natural position.

I'd guess that's how this would work?

The way FIFA handled that was to put a reduction of skill on whoever is playing outside of a set group of positions, so you have a set range of areas for player X to play well in, and then it gets worse the further you position them outside of their natural position.

I'd guess that's how this would work?
Read my mind actually. I had this post lined up a few days ago and was actually planning to put that in my post (but forgot about it just now when writing it:eek:)

So yeah, something like that would be good.

TBH though I haven't even really ever tried it, does it genuinely make your player worse?

Pretty sure Ross has already said this stuff is out.

They only have the licence for all current AFL teams and players (thus the reason why jumpers like Coxy's beloved Ochre won't be in either).

Aww :(

And no old style jumpers!?

I better be able to make my own then and put them in St Kilda :mad:

Would have thought game will come out 2010 if the lisencing etc is already in place ie players, logos, sponsors etc. And thr aker situation is a legal one.and how Ross said over the off season you cam simulate it by "trading, retiring and creating new players.

Easily the most I've ever looked foward to a game I think, guess that's how long have been waiting for a good footy game!

I think you'll be happy with what we've done, it won't be like the previous games with regard to players out of position.

That said, there are always anomalies in any system, like Silvagni that played the same end all game on windy days, but even then there was some natural balance as his kicking wasn't always the best.

[YOUTUBE]q3sbo0RZ76o&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
I'm not saying to put the Prime Minister in the celebration but the way they jump around and celebrate would be very good it would make you actually feel like you've won something

Doubt it would be in but on NBA 2k10 demo before each game you play it says what day it is in real life so if you play on a Wednesday it would even say Wednesday night footy also madden NFL 06 when you played a exhibition game you got to choose out of a couple of normal times like 1:30 or 7:00pm and you could even choose an option to play a match at the actuall time so if you were playing at 8 at night you could have a game start then would be pretty cool to play at like sunrise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[YOUTUBE]q3sbo0RZ76o&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
I'm not saying to put the Prime Minister in the celebration but the way they jump around and celebrate would be very good it would make you actually feel like you've won something

Would be great if something like this was on afl 2010 obviously wthout the bit at the end would also be great if you could watch this kind of video at any point after you have won the premiership so like years after in your season mode you could relive you're premierships

it would be cool if when ur team made the finals....they all stand for the national anthem and the camera like zooms in to all the players like they do on the real tv.

The other thing i was going to mention is that it would be cool if there was an option that if you win a game in the home and away sesaon, you can go down into the rooms and sing the song.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but how cool would it be if when one of your players plays their 50th game, They have the banner with like a picture and like well done 50 games and their name.

There has been so many good suggestions here but I think this version is purely about gameplay. Perhaps once it does come out we can have a suggestion thread if BigAnt are happy to do that? In that we can discuss drafting, my player, in game features and celebrations etc etc. Also any little querks in the original game.

Because there has been some fantastic suggestions here lately but in all honesty I have no idea how easy any of these are to implement

There has been so many good suggestions here but I think this version is purely about gameplay. Perhaps once it does come out we can have a suggestion thread if BigAnt are happy to do that? In that we can discuss drafting, my player, in game features and celebrations etc etc. Also any little querks in the original game.

Because there has been some fantastic suggestions here lately but in all honesty I have no idea how easy any of these are to implement

Good point and more than likely its too late to implement these into this version

Just a quick question: Are postions "fixed" in the game? In today's footy no side would dream of playing 6 players in their forward line yet games from a few years back would have players stay in their positions. ie. FP would always stay in the area unless user controlled and I don't remember the positons but the midfielders depending on whether they were C, RR or R were always in the smae spot around ball ups. So do players always stay in their area or do they push forward and back and across the ground like in real life and are the setups around ball up's changable ie. putting a sweeper back if you're losing the taps or pushing them all forward if you're dominating the ruck.

Cheers

it would be cool if when ur team made the finals....they all stand for the national anthem and the camera like zooms in to all the players like they do on the real tv.

The other thing i was going to mention is that it would be cool if there was an option that if you win a game in the home and away sesaon, you can go down into the rooms and sing the song.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but how cool would it be if when one of your players plays their 50th game, They have the banner with like a picture and like well done 50 games and their name.
i like your ideas, especially all of them, not sure if it will come in this version but i think it will in later versions and those ideas would be awesome in the game!

quick question,

don't think this has been asked before, but if you were being killed in the ruck, for example Sandilands vs Lynch (If Nic Nat or Coxy weren't playing), is there a third man up option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back