New Assistant Coach Required

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Simon Mcphee is a must although I expect the eagles will decide they want him and it will be so........., I think we need to be paying serous $$ to guys like the LLLoyds and harves and assistant coaches - Scott etc. Shi ite, they are doing a bloody fantastic job at the moment and its important that we keep this squad - players and coaches alike - together, so...............- throw wads of cash at mcphee and make sure he doesnt go to the scum - cause we all know the only wads he'll be copping from them is out of their limp eels.

I think Simon Mcphee is a must although I expect the eagles will decide they want him and it will be so........., I think we need to be paying serous $$ to guys like the LLLoyds and harves and assistant coaches - Scott etc. Shi ite, they are doing a bloody fantastic job at the moment and its important that we keep this squad - players and coaches alike - together, so...............- throw wads of cash at mcphee and make sure he doesnt go to the scum - cause we all know the only wads he'll be copping from them is out of their limp eels.

Is McPhee really a good coach, or does he just have a very talented team?

Just saying to mate (Eagles member) the other day I'd hate to see Laidley get the gig over there. I like Laidley and want it stay that way.:)

If we could lure him to Freo I'd be happy. Our Club could use a Balga boy to help plan the unexpected. Deano ticks all the boxes.

Between him and Harvey I get a mental image of the brothers grim at media conferences.

lol, that was very funny. Laidley would be a good addition for tactical nouse, though I think Harvey is improving a lot in that area. He did have Sheedy as his mentor for a lot of years so maybe Laidley would get in the road as Harvey is starting to expand his own style.

Josh Carr would never inspire respect at the club as he is a known dog. I very much doubt he would be welcome.

I like the idea of the local lads Longmuir, McManus or Webster, coming through, as it is good the club's culture but I have no idea of their abilities. Sandlilands has come on in leaps and bounds in the last three years, though how much that is due to JLo untapping Sandliand's natural abilities, I have no idea.

Also in this category is James Hird. Doubt it'd ever happen but wouldn't it be great!

Are the stars starting to align?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/experience-is-key-for-coaching-thompson-20100818-12f3u.html

Offer him a seat in the coaches box for our Melbourne games next year while he sorts out the succession issues at his company, then bring him across here in 2012. Mitch will probably be with his son at GWS then, or Scott at somewhere like Port or Carlton.

He'll be working alongside former clubmates and has worked with Smooth and ...... ah, another dream to put in the poolroom:)

yes wallis is going and possibly mitchell(if son goes to Gold Coast) and scott(power gig). however, the the three key players in footy dept are harvey, bond and simon Lloyd. other assistant fit in around these three.

Simon Lloyd with his crew(mcmanus, prior, solly, etc) have been the key in fast tracking the 1st & 2nd year players.

I'd like to see us throw $'s at mat lloyd as forward coach.

Make it a real LLoyd family affair.

I shouldn't be surprised but I can't believe that the WA media haven't followed up on where Prescott is going. He said he was heading West in his press conference when he annonced he was leaving ESS but then... "crickets"...unless I missed it? Anyone heard where he's going?

I shouldn't be surprised but I can't believe that the WA media haven't followed up on where Prescott is going. He said he was heading West in his press conference when he annonced he was leaving ESS but then "cricket"...unless I missed it? Anyone heard where he's going?
He will be doing some role in Fremantle, though not sure it will be as an assistant

It's gratifying that our assistants are being chased for the first time in well over a decade. Good signs that we're attracting quality people and developing them in a good system for once.

But at the same time the selfish part of me (ie the main part) hopes we don't lose Scott just yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Assistant Coach Required

Remove this Banner Ad

Back