New Assistants!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

well if thats the case, they wont be able to announce Walsh until WCE finals campaign ends one would think

As for bailey no doubt he will put his hat in the ring for the Adelaide job first

Not necessarily. Unless he's been given a sly nod and a wink from the Crows he may well jump at the first decent assistant coaching offer he gets. I'm sure he'd rather have some certainty over his own future now than wait out the season and go through all the interview and selection processes with them with absolutely no guarantee of a job.

Our advantage is that we're actively hunting assistant coaches right now.

BTW we've let our assistants leave early when they've scored a job elsewhere. Bailey and Clarkson spring to mind. WCE might well take the same approach.

Maybe because if we sign new assistants other currently at the club will be let go? Not a good idea if the season is still in play and they are still under contract.

Well depends on how you look at the season.

Personally I think we're half tanking, half just a terrible football side this year.

We could have won 3-4 more games this year.

you know how positive it would be if

walsh, bailey, morris themselves said they wanted to come back

cos it would be a sign they choose to come to Port

that ppl choose to come to Port Adelaide

and if players like Carlile/Trengove does the same, regardless of the potential trade returns, it could establish a positive re-imagining of this club

whose image has been kicked and dragged thru the mud happily by the mainly Victorian media

i was thinking about the concept of brands the other day

collingwood is a brand

so should port adelaide be the same ...

this could bring back our brand

the concept is of cumulative positive steps = big step

and if players like Carlile/Trengove does the same, regardless of the potential trade returns, it could establish a positive re-imagining of this club

whose image has been kicked and dragged thru the mud happily by the mainly Victorian media

collingwood is a brand

Yes good post, our brand has be tarnish to all buggery, some people stepping up including players would help.

The way Jackson spoke the other day he spoke of a man staying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even tho the Eagles will play finals an announcement might be close on Phil Walsh.

Port close to snaring key Eagles strategist
Greg Denham From: The Australian August 17, 2011
link

DYSFUNCTIONAL Port Adelaide appears poised to regain Phil Walsh, one of its strategic off-field premiership heroes under previous coach Mark Williams.

Walsh is set to return to South Australia at the end of the season following three years with West Coast as an assistant coach, where he had a role specifically aimed at understanding opposition tactics and creating game plans such as the Eagles' new-found forward press and defensive pressure.
link

"dysfunctional Port Adelaide"

:rolleyes:

Well lets face the facts, we do look like a shambles and dysfunctional on many fronts.

Until we get our offfield pieces together mud will be thrown and it will stick.

We need our players to stand together, our club to sign key support figures adn the players and fans to turn it around next year.

I always liked David Hutton, he always appeared switched on and his stuff together, what happened to him?

Balmes experience would be fantastic. But that would mean we don't need Rhode.

collingwood is a brand

This grammar is earily b0ydman yet is polar opposites in terms of negative/positive - you're not his long lost brother?

It would be good to see some positive movements and people wanting to come to our club. Not sold on Bailey myself, but Walsh for sure.

This grammar is earily b0ydman yet is polar opposites in terms of negative/positive - you're not his long lost brother?

It would be good to see some positive movements and people wanting to come to our club. Not sold on Bailey myself, but Walsh for sure.

hihi not that i know of ...

living in Melbourne now has given me a view of how those outside SA really sees us ... and has also taught me about the strength of the collingwood brand (ie way things should be done)

our pride is not misplaced in supporting Port Adelaide

our history and success tells us this

the people coming back can't be coming back to "save" port adelaide

rather i'd rather them say that they're coming back "because" its port adelaide.

its a small distinction but i think its relevant

no matter what happens this season, how dire it seems, we must have at least pride in ourselves

hihi not that i know of ...

living in Melbourne now has given me a view of how those outside SA really sees us ... and has also taught me about the strength of the collingwood brand (ie way things should be done)

our pride is not misplaced in supporting Port Adelaide

our history and success tells us this

the people coming back can't be coming back to "save" port adelaide

rather i'd rather them say that they're coming back "because" its port adelaide.

its a small distinction but i think its relevant

no matter what happens this season, how dire it seems, we must have at least pride in ourselves

Well said:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back