News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we have any high flying business types here? Why has Gale hung around for so long? I know we need to find the right man but I'd want someone in place now to start getting things moving.

It's surprising there was no inbuilt succession planning as a ready replacement for the CEO but maybe there was and we still did our full due dilligence by seeing what else was available in the market.

Gale has a lot of knowledge and would be across all aspects of Richmond from football, commercial, afl house relationships, community programs even down to HR/medical so you don't just let them walk out the door straight away. You have a transition plan and let him keep steering the ship so the new person coming in can hit the ground running.

Those saying he's head is already in Tassie are massively disrespecting him- he bleeds yellow and black and I trust him that he'd still be doing everything in his power to ensure that the Tigers as an organisation are well placed for the new CEO to take the reigns.

Well-spoken, very switched on and being CEO of Australia's fastest growing "community leisure centre organisation" means he has runs on the board. Aligned Leisure employ1800 staff and currently turning over 67 mill. With continued sustainable growth they are looking to turnover 100 mill

The CEO's job is to drive business, plan and oversee developments etc, this guy is doing it. When the search for the new CEO started I was thinking of someone well-known from within footy circles. But the bottom line is we want someone who is a progressive individual who has the drive to plan and oversee the growth and development of the business.

Benny Gale has spoken about Aligned Leisure a lot being wholly owned by Richmond. No doubt he would've been in daily contact with Shane Dunne on business matters. I'm sure the board has seen first-hand what he has achieved and believe he can carry on from Gale's excellent track record over the past 15 years.

About Shane Dunne (LinkedIn)

"An experienced executive and director with proven abilities in commercial operations, strategic development and implementation, financial management and operational excellence in sport, leisure, major events and recreation.

A well respected leader with 20 years experience successfully managing performance and developing strong culture in large staffing teams.

Specialties: Strategic planning and execution, Government liaison, Financial Management, Venue Management, Sports, Fitness and Recreation, Competitive Tendering, Event Management, Human Resource Management, Business Development."

* General Manager - Aligned Leisure & Education
Richmond Football Club · Full-time Oct 2014 - Present · 9 yrs 11 mths

* Chief Executive Officer
Aligned Leisure Mar 2016 - Present · 8 yrs 6 mths

* Non Executive Director
Life Saving Victoria Jan 2018 - Feb 2024 · 6 yrs 2 mths

*YMCA Vic Regional Dev. Manager, Nov 2009 - Oct 2014.

* Event Services Deputy Manager, ExCeL Event Services Deputy Manager, ExCeL

London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games London, Apr 2012 - Sep 2012 · 6 mos London, United Kingdom.

Planned and executed spectator experience at ExCeL, the most complex venue in Olympic history hosting 1.2M spectators, 7 sports in 5 arenas over 16 days.

* Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation and Leadership.

* Victoria University, M.B.A., Business Administration Management and Operations.

An of that 67 million how much is profit returned to the RFC, turnover is one thing profit is a totally different beast

Bit of a joke that they spent the best part of a year looking for a replacement that was in the office next door

Admin taking the piss from the supporters to be honest , keeps happening not great
Didn’t Head office do the same thing?

Hopefully his first move is a clean out of high performance/strength & conditioning. If our strategy is to go young to rebuild then top up with free agents, we’re no chance of the latter if no players/managers trust our off-field team.
I would be disappointed if he didn’t, after all he has experience in that area.

Was promised ages a go. Anyway I don't need to read like I said I don't know anything about all I want to know is what I see and what he does from now on.
Yep all the clapping, brilliant resume’ , cheering and past success means absolutely nothing and I will measure him on what he does for us as we are a shit cake atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back