New Coach - Someone few have mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

My interest in Hardwick was particularly sparked by the story that he was front runner for the Essendon job. He really only got passed by Knights when the Hawks sabotaged his chances by confiscating his laptop with his presentation and notes on it.
From what I heard the only reason he got overlooked for the Dons job was because he told them he wanted to cut all the old blokes and do a complete rebuild from the ground up. Knights pissed in their pockets and told them they could play finals within 3 years. Rumour a couple of weeks back had a prospective coach saying he would get rid of all the over 30's on our list. Wonder if it was the same DH who said that.

From what I heard the only reason he got overlooked for the Dons job was because he told them he wanted to cut all the old blokes and do a complete rebuild from the ground up. Knights pissed in their pockets and told them they could play finals within 3 years. Rumour a couple of weeks back had a prospective coach saying he would get rid of all the over 30's on our list. Wonder if it was the same DH who said that.

If that is the case then you've just put a line through his name for me. Its all well and good to have sentiments like, sack all the over 30's play all the kids but at the end of the day clubs are financial entities and you cant afford to have absolutely no success or hope and you need to maintain membership numbers to survive. To be potentially 2 years on the bottom won't get that done. Carlton without Dick Pratt's cheque book would be relocated by now after what they went through. I don't think Knights pissed in their pockets, just understood reality more by the sounds of it.

Sometimes the hard decisions have to be made for the future:thumbsu:

I hate comparisons between clubs but take the hawks, how many 30 plus players did they have last year? Crawford,..........can't think of to many others.

We would be better playing the mature recruits we have drafted in the last couple of years and filling the spots of the over 30's with young trades/drafts.

We are in need of developing our young portion of our list. while Simmonds plays , Graham, Browne, Pattison, Vickery etc play VFL. Like wise with Bowden at the moment playing "Dream Team" footy while Thursfield is in the VFL. Nathan Brown will come back and push out Nahas or Morton.

NO the hard choices need to be made and cut our aged "Stars"

My interest in Hardwick was particularly sparked by the story that he was front runner for the Essendon job. He really only got passed by Knights when the Hawks sabotaged his chances by confiscating his laptop with his presentation and notes on it.

do you honestly believe that do you, if you believe that then you'd probably believe that idy's got the barbie twins organised in the jakuzie with the champagne on ice as openers before we watch the Big game this sunday:thumbsu:

do you honestly believe that do you, if you believe that then you'd probably believe that idy's got the barbie twins organised in the jakuzie with the champagne on ice as openers before we watch the Big game this sunday:thumbsu:

I'm there...what's the address?!

Hey come on..I read it on the internet...it must be true:p

A name I've heard pop up a bit lately on the ol' grapevine is Ken Hinkley.

Assistant coach of Saints in 2001, and been an assistant at Geelong since 2004.

Just passing it on.

I think we need to stay away from the Richmond culture.

Agree. The last 25 years have been set with a losing culture. Bring in someone new and with fresh ideas on the modern game. Buckley would be my preferred option. Will not tolerate any crap down at Punt Road.

Does anyone think that Wallace has been too soft on the current players?

Agree. The last 25 years have been set with a losing culture. Bring in someone new and with fresh ideas on the modern game. Buckley would be my preferred option. Will not tolerate any crap down at Punt Road.

Does anyone think that Wallace has been too soft on the current players?

certain players get away with murder when it comes to what you would consider team rules..that is the 1%ers...then again Im not sure that TW is big on that kinda thing, provided a player can run like Usain Bolt, **** whether he can play footy:rolleyes:

I like Harwick to.What do people think about Peter Sumich??.Has had success has a player and as a assistant at the eagles and is highly regarded there.He also won one or two wafl premierships in a topline job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Harwick to.What do people think about Peter Sumich??.Has had success has a player and as a assistant at the eagles and is highly regarded there.He also won one or two wafl premierships in a topline job.

i seem to recall he was on the bombers list however fell away when they got to the pointy end and asked him to open his mouth:confused:

I would have him any day over Campbell
At least he's had an apprenticeship
Not to mention drop dead gorgeous lol

Have to agree with this (well... maybe not the last bit).

Don't know why everyone is so keen on Thomas. Just being a prick doesn't necessarily qualify you for the position. He couldn't get the job done with the Saints decent list and look where they are now.

i seem to recall he was on the bombers list however fell away when they got to the pointy end and asked him to open his mouth:confused:
He has such a high reputation because he is mates with Worsfield, a WA version of Brian Royal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back