New Coach - Someone few have mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

yep well done to Ess and knighter but they are completely different club to us in every sense...FFS our club is ambushed if we lose an NAB cup game by more than 3 goals...It's an extremely tough gig...don't underestimate it

I think tis is ture but that does not men we cannot go for a young man with ambition.

Essendon is like a shire horse. Easy to manage. Richmond a young colt. Difficult and contrary. However a young man with no fear might just jump on and take the ride.

malthouse - turned us down 10 years ago and opted for collingwood instead. why? why would we want him now when he refused then? eddies fat chequebook meant more to him then so why now? oh thats right - the pies dont want him anymore.
sheedy - put out to pasture and should stay there - would he have the hunger? i think not. another that could have come to save us time and time again but just used it as leverage to get a bigger contract at the dons.

YEh, well maybe we need some bashing around.

I repeat, we need a total **** to take control

I never though the day would come that I agreed 100% with the Snag but on this ....I do.
Could not agree more with what you said Snag. Screw these touchy feely nice guy coaches we need a prick who won't take any shit.

Don't know why being young is a positive????

Frawley was young.

I reckon Grant Thomas would be good...takes no prisoners.

He would have sacked shcultz, king and JON mid-season...

We need a total a**eho*e not another "good bloke" players man.

Lol. That's exactly what GT was. Not much of a tactics man but a bloke who could manage the players.

Lol. That's exactly what GT was. Not much of a tactics man but a bloke who could manage the players.
He was a terrible coach, but you could do a lot worse as a GM of football

Friday night football showed a quick little cameo of Prescott 'coaching' from bench. Seems like one to consider given suitable due diligence. Chris Bond is also one who has shown he's got some positives.

Out of left field I've also heard rumours that the Tigers have spoken to Mark Willams.

Out of left field I've also heard rumours that the Tigers have spoken to Mark Willams.
Know that is something I would not complain about, a total arseh*le with a extremely good record and doesn't give a stuff what people think, and from all reports after the Victoria vs All stars match, all the players liked playing for him.
Can't see it happening though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

progress is what inspires me tugg, Id like to step forwards not backwards
Just a question Bo. Do you think the new coach (when Wallace gets sacked at round 12, hopefully this week) would play the kids or would he try to win as many as possible with a view to strengthening his own cause?

Why dont you go Leigh Mathews ?
He has the runs on the board .

Malthouse is aloof from his players .A coach that punches a player , he , Malthouse hit Jakovich after a match in Perth isnt worth anything .
Talking of Thompson he should have played games by now , he is a top player.

Just a question Bo. Do you think the new coach (when Wallace gets sacked at round 12, hopefully this week) would play the kids or would he try to win as many as possible with a view to strengthening his own cause?

I suspect that fella will be King who would appear pretty determined to carve a career in the big time..I would be fascinated to see some changes to player positions, who indeed has a line put through their name and subtle changes to our gameplan...In short there would be balance that is opportunity mixed with deletions...meaning the likes of sarge would never return in favour of Hughes being given an extended run at it, Connors over Brown, perhaps Hislop having a good go......I dont believe in kids bveen thrown to the wolves that are that far off it , it's a joke..Vickery in that category...man I wish this process started today...it's ****en cruel to go on like this

Mathews, Sheedy, Malthouse, Williams, Parkin etc........their all lining up to coach us.:rolleyes:

We need young blood with something to prove (like Nighter did), not someone looking to fill in their time until they retire:thumbsdown:

(What about Duncan Kellaway:eek:, he can chuck in his runner job and teach the young fellas what courage is:D.)

Mathews, Sheedy, Malthouse, Williams, Parkin etc........their all lining up to coach us.:rolleyes:

We need young blood with something to prove (like Nighter did), not someone looking to fill in their time until they retire:thumbsdown:

(What about Duncan Kellaway:eek:, he can chuck in his runner job and teach the young fellas what courage is:D.)

Yep, thats right we need young blood to coach.

Frawley was young as was connolly and harvey.

All have a terrific track record

Love the fact that Prescott's profile is raised because he was miked up on the bench the other night. We hear him throw a couple of sentences around and next thing some people reckon he's the man. And apparently Hardwick is a "tough" coach. Is he? On what grounds are we basing this?

Hardwick was a tough aggressive player and has assisted at Port and Hawthorn two sides which have emphasized aggressiveness and great skills. That's what people are basing it on.

My interest in Hardwick was particularly sparked by the story that he was front runner for the Essendon job. He really only got passed by Knights when the Hawks sabotaged his chances by confiscating his laptop with his presentation and notes on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Coach - Someone few have mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back