New coaches - Who do you want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis Boak (if he retires)?

Chocco Williams

And then people who miss out on the tigers role who want to get the clarko experience
Yze - worked with him before
Newman
Gia

I'm surprised that Newman's name hasn't been flagged by more folks here. He has the "right" pedigree and has been at HFC for seven seasons ... missed out on RFC gig so a change might be on the cards for him as he looks to build his CV (albeit returning as an acolyte of Clarkson may not be seen as 'progress' externally).

The other one that hasn't been mentioned much is Daniel Pratt ... press speculation is that he's gonna leave WC ... from memory, a close mate of Brady's (and Simpson obviously) ... has historically coached defensive units ... I have no view as to his coaching ability or reputation, other than he would likely be looking for a gig.

A lot of the other attractive names being thrown about will just be too expensive ... unfortunately for us in this context, our head coach eats up a relatively large chunk of our soft-cap, which makes it more challenging to have a lot of high-priced assistants. I fear the likes of Leppitsch, Williams, Caracella, etc are just beyond our reach, even if we wanted them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Micky Barlow,

Just sayin.

Not that I have a say in it.

The acurate one they call me apparently
I rarely agree with you but here we are, was just going to post the same thing. Interesting hearing him on SEN, said he didn't think stepping into an assistant role was right for him now. Spoke about running his own program and aspirations to be a senior coach. Don't know if he has enough experience to be head of development?

All I’d ask for is fresh blood. No recently retired players.

So yeah, we’ll end up with Ben Warren, Warren Benjamin and Aaron Edwards.

Student of the Gerard Fitzgerald school of football. Pretty good grounding there I reckon.

I don't think he ever played under Fitzy.

Assumption College (Ray Carrol) /Shepp United (Steve Hazelman) -> Werribee (Simon Atkins) -> Fremantle (Mark Harvey & Ross Lyon) -> Gold Coast (Rodney Eade)

Funnily enough Ross Lyon turned him down at St Kilda after training with them all pre-season so Fraser Gherig could unretired.

He then signed at Mark Harveys Fremantle, then Ross Lyon knifed Harvey and Barlow ended up playing most of his career under him.

He played in a number of practice matches for North while at Werribee in the 2009 preseason matches.

Last edited:
Young, optimistic, hungry.

Barlow is one that has been thrown around that would be perfect. Anyone that has worked in Dimma's system would also be good - give us that mosquito fleet system ahead of the ball.

Young, optimistic, hungry.

Barlow is one that has been thrown around that would be perfect. Anyone that has worked in Dimma's system would also be good - give us that mosquito fleet system ahead of the ball.
I’m amazed that Barlow is such a good coach, he sounds like an absolute deadshit with his special comments on SEN

I’m amazed that Barlow is such a good coach, he sounds like an absolute deadshit with his special comments on SEN
Doesn't he just

I've been watching some clips of Yze. Strikes me as very level headed, but a bit boring. I'll be interested to see who they put around him at richmond.

I rarely agree with you but here we are, was just going to post the same thing. Interesting hearing him on SEN, said he didn't think stepping into an assistant role was right for him now. Spoke about running his own program and aspirations to be a senior coach. Don't know if he has enough experience to be head of development?
To be honest I’m more of a Lucifer fan so does make sense.

Anywho not sure either but he’s done well so far .

Remove this Banner Ad

New coaches - Who do you want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back