New coaches - Who do you want?

Remove this Banner Ad

For the degree of talent in there the midfield misfired overall. And probably was largely responsible for the disaster that was the forward line.

It feels like stench follows Patch around on whatever line he coaches.
Patch out
Simmo in

Midfield and senior assistant role

Current Arrangement:

Senior Coach - Clarko
Midfield Coach (Assistant) - Adams
Forwards Coach (Assistant) - Xavier Clarke
Backline Coach (Assistant) - Jed Adcock
Ruck Coach - Damian Monkhorst
Head of Development - Michael Barlow
VFL Coach/Development Coach - Tom Lynch
Development Coach - Emma Kearney
Development Coach - Adam Marcon
Development Coach/Indigenous Player Development Manager - Jarrod Lienert

With what we are paying Clarko, I'm not sure we'll have room in the soft cap for a high profile senior assistant. The club is very very happy with all the coaches they put on last year which includes: Clarke, Adcock, Barlow, Marcon, Kearney and Lienert. Lynch is widely recognised as a future senior coach with how much he is rated.

I don’t think anyone Replaced Brett Ratten’s senior assistants role did they?

Any chance of getting in a ‘director of high performance’ who can get rid of pencil arms and red time fatigue goals?

I’d much rather loose a few to soft tissue injuries than have a full squad of 44 pencil arms who can’t run out quarters?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For the degree of talent in there the midfield misfired overall. And probably was largely responsible for the disaster that was the forward line.

Overrated.
Amazed he’s lasted through Shaw’s, Nobles and Clarkos set ups.

I’d love to get Simmo in but if he takes a job with us the Eagles don’t have to pay him final year of his salary.

100000% agree. Our stoppage setups were particularly horrid this year. Love Patch as a human, but not coaching the engine room where we’ve invested literally all of our high end draft capital. Experienced operator there only, please.

Would love Nigel Lappin from the Cats. Incredible what he continues to muster from a group lead by Holmes, Atkins and Bruhn…

Overrated.
Amazed he’s lasted through Shaw’s, Nobles and Clarkos set ups.

I’d love to get Simmo in but if he takes a job with us the Eagles don’t have to pay him final year of his salary.
Actually they certainly do as they got rid of him. Its been mentioned before. 1 of the reasons he wont come back is if the family want to stay..

Actually they certainly do as they got rid of him. Its been mentioned before. 1 of the reasons he wont come back is if the family want to stay..
I understand that. I read that it’s owed to him provided he doesn’t seek gainful employment at a rival club, like going back and coaching at North or Hawthorn as an assistant.

I don’t think anyone Replaced Brett Ratten’s senior assistants role did they?

Any chance of getting in a ‘director of high performance’ who can get rid of pencil arms and red time fatigue goals?

I’d much rather loose a few to soft tissue injuries than have a full squad of 44 pencil arms who can’t run out quarters?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Correct they decided to go an extra development coach or 2 instead

I hope we go with Simmo or Bob Murphy to come in and be the senior assistant/some sort of head of coaching performance and dev role like ratten is at the hawks now

Remove this Banner Ad

New coaches - Who do you want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back