News New Crows Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

I still maintain mine is better than what they went for, but I can understand the idea of trying to distance from that a bit and change things up. That being said, some concepts I’ve seen do it better than me and what the Crows are considering. That one with the SA map and the Zoops style crow is fantastic, but might not fit modern logo conventions.
Mine for reference:

I really like the guernsey in the last pic with Keays.

Yeah just doesn’t look right. The red and yellow parts cutting into the shape of the wing make it seem like half of it is missing. “Clipped wings” perhaps? That’s some Freo anchor tier symbolism right there.

The general shape is OK though if you colour them in.

View attachment 2123131

See now this is progress, I feel like the trail wedge is way to big and makes the body look weird, as well as the wing slits

I’m well aware of my sub par editing skills but if someone did this up better than me, I feel like it’s another step in the right direction, working with what there is obviously, thoughts?
knockout.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'll just say it straight, the logo is unfixable. The shape of it is the main issue, it's just hard to really make out what is even happening with it or what it is. I'd hate to throw the AI-generated accusation around again but it's so hard to comprehend how a professional could design such a thing with how bizarre the shaping of it is. Obviously they are going for the look of the original crow, but funnily enough they've kept the worst thing about it; the robo-claw feet, and thrown out essentially everything else that made that logo awesome.

I'm starting to lose hope in the future of professional graphic design after seeing this and the Tasmania logos. How is it getting this bad? what happened?

Anyway, I've had my own go at it (not 100% finished) which combines the current logo with the 2000s one
1727428581050.png 1727428644751.png

Last edited:
I'll just say it straight, the logo is unfixable. The shape of it is the main issue, it's just hard to really make out what is even happening with it or what it is. I'd hate to throw the AI-generated accusation around again but it's so hard to comprehend how a professional could design such a thing with how bizarre the shaping of it is. Obviously they are going for the look of the original crow, but funnily enough they've kept the worst thing about it; the robo-claw feet, and thrown out essentially everything else that made that logo awesome.

I'm starting to lose hope in the future of professional graphic design after seeing this and the Tasmania logos. How is it getting this bad? what happened?

Anyway, I've had my own go at it which combines the current logo with the 2000s one
View attachment 2123744View attachment 2123745
Lol

This is what the club actually should have done. This looks great 👍

Anyway, I've had my own go at it which combines the current logo with the 2000s one
View attachment 2123744

2D into 3D? Looks very awkward.

I really like the guernsey in the last pic with Keays.
Greatly appreciated. There was a bit of divided opinion on the Crows board when the concept was shared there, but seemed like more in favour than against. One of the main arguments against it was that the jumper has been the way it has been since you guys started so I can understand keeping it, but the darkened vibe of the whole kit just feels so much nicer to me. For the same reason I much prefer Port’s current home jumper over the SBS jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit more shading and added separation between the 'body' and feathers. Not 100% happy with how it's looking but it's a start.
View attachment 2124175
If this received more attention, I'd think it would take off.
Great work. Best I've seen so far.

Would love to think the club would consider it but they love doing their own thing and stuff the supporters or outside world.

If this received more attention, I'd think it would take off.
Great work. Best I've seen so far.

Would love to think the club would consider it but they love doing their own thing and stuff the supporters or outside world.
Thanks! I personally think it's pretty amateur... because I am an amateur at this but it just goes to show how far below the bar the 'professional' made logo is. All it takes is a bloke from 7AFL to have a look at it

Bit more shading and added separation between the 'body' and feathers. Not 100% happy with how it's looking but it's a start.
View attachment 2124205
Rate that a lot. If I may make a suggestion to make this more unique compared to the original Crows logo, I’d be curious how it looks with just three thick trails, basically as thick as you have each set of three colours.
The Crow is fantastic though, good balance of old and new and done in a way where you don’t look at it and think it looks wrong without an open mouth. Well done!

Thanks! I personally think it's pretty amateur... because I am an amateur at this but it just goes to show how far below the bar the 'professional' made logo is. All it takes is a bloke from 7AFL to have a look at it
Next week: Port Adelaide FC uses a modified version as their 2025 logo. "It was years of iteration" says Koch

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Crows Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back