Are you happy with Andrew McQualter?

• Yes

Votes: 76 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome McQualter. He hasn't atleast been part of any losing culture/Clubs.

He has a very short CV. And knocks are he was passed over as Richmond coach and part of melb 2023 culture.

In saying that alot of work is cut out for him. He doesn't want the branding of worst WCE coach start of tenure of all time.

Got a feeling that this appointment is Ken Judge Mk II.

Next 2 years he'll be the whipping boy for the state of our list and performances and the media will get him fired.

Expecting that the Eagles will ship him off for a more experienced coach before we start our run to playing finals.

Best of luck to him and honestly hope he proves me wrong.
Judge was never a great coach to begin with and WCE didn't even go through much of a process to appoint him, just pretty much offered him the job.

Then there was the fact he was at odds with the culture of the playing group and couldn't manage them properly + was ignored by WCE hierarchy when he raised it.

Glad it is over
Glad those donkeys making early calls get to join Sam McClure

I’m hoping he and Clarke have a shared vision of the way we want to play and can amass the talent required

Welcome Mini, looking forward to a fresh approach and a rise up the ladder
Yeah I think that’s an important point. Lots of negativity around having Clarke at the club but hopefully he understands exactly the type of players that the new coach requires to get his game plan up and going.
Perhaps much of the negativity around Baker joining too will disappear as he will be a senior player that understands what McQualter will be trying to implement on game day.

Fact is nobody really knows how much of what goes on is down to the assistants, or what specific assistants were responsible for. All we know is he seemed beloved at the Tigers, which is nice.

I like that he’s a fresh voice, he’s been a part of some successful clubs, and also mark another down for nobody in the media having a clue what’s going on behind closed doors at MRP.

My one concern is that he’s too close to Richmond, with their game style seemingly being pushed away as the pendulum swings back to precision ball use and quality kicking over manic pressure and surging the ball forward at all costs. Hopefully he’s got a fresh take on things, as it would be a shame to miss the boat of the next phase.

Fact is nobody really knows how much of what goes on is down to the assistants, or what specific assistants were responsible for. All we know is he seemed beloved at the Tigers, which is nice.

I like that he’s a fresh voice, he’s been a part of some successful clubs, and also mark another down for nobody in the media having a clue what’s going on behind closed doors at MRP.

My one concern is that he’s too close to Richmond, with their game style seemingly being pushed away as the pendulum swings back to precision ball use and quality kicking over manic pressure and surging the ball forward at all costs. Hopefully he’s got a fresh take on things, as it would be a shame to miss the boat of the next phase.

By the time we're in a position to compete, it may have swung back again and we'll be the trendsetters!

Andrew & Daisy would make for a good golden duo photo shoot. Both about the same age as the club, Pyke a gen earlier getting drafted about that time, good chance to rebuild the brand vibe as well. Kind of like Andrew (and our top pick this year) are the final pieces in setting a new course forward.

This guy is a good get for West Coast. He's a very similar style of coach to Craig McRae.

Was very close between him and Yze last year, and the only thing that really hurt him was that he was tied too closely to Dimma and the club felt we needed a fresh voice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all i can base my opinion on is how he carried himself in the limited media interactions and on that alone i felt he had the most swag out of all the candidates so i'm happy with the pick

As an assistant coach at Richmond was he also coaching Dusty? Could one of the many reasons he got the Eagles role be that he knows how to get the best out of Harley Reid? Plus, is he the type of coach that Harley and our young players will stay for the long term?
Became midfield coach 2016, dusty finished 3rd in the Brownlow then won it the next year.

Good luck to mini! Extremely well liked at RFC and unlucky not to get our gig last year. Hope he does well although was funny that the first thing he mentioned that he was excited about was the weather haha

All jokes aside I wish him all the best.

interesting he mentions looking over the list the last few months during the process. might've been a lot longer and more in depth than we all realise from the outside.
Not really, Simmo was sacked 14 weeks ago

So he probably got on the front foot, which is greats news. Also Melbourne missing the finals means hes had extra time to study the list

Let's get behind him and not call for his head by round 7. Gets a free pass until bye round 2026

I wish we would just sack our coach, he's lost the players and he's destroying the club.

I wish we would hurry up and appoint a new coach so we can start getting our recruitment underway, this delay is embarrassing the club.

I wish we hired a different coach, I don't like the vibe of this new one and I think he'll be gone from the club in 2 years.

I love this site. 🥰

I wish we would just sack our coach, he's lost the players and he's destroying the club.

I wish we would hurry up and appoint a new coach so we can start getting our recruitment underway, this delay is embarrassing the club.

I wish we hired a different coach, I don't like the vibe of this new one and I think he'll be gone from the club in 2 years.

I love this site. 🥰
The really exciting part comes next, when he hires his assistants and we get to decide which one is the real shot caller.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach NEW HEAD COACH - Welcome to West Coast: Andrew McQualter

Back