Are you happy with Andrew McQualter?

• Yes

Votes: 85 78.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 22.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish we would just sack our coach, he's lost the players and he's destroying the club.

I wish we would hurry up and appoint a new coach so we can start getting our recruitment underway, this delay is embarrassing the club.

I wish we hired a different coach, I don't like the vibe of this new one and I think he'll be gone from the club in 2 years.

I love this site. 🥰
You missed the part where it’s all been designed by the Tigers to destroy the Eagles. Sneaky buggers Richmond gotta watch them.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Judge was never a great coach to begin with and WCE didn't even go through much of a process to appoint him, just pretty much offered him the job.

Then there was the fact he was at odds with the culture of the playing group and couldn't manage them properly + was ignored by WCE hierarchy when he raised it.
My point was more to the timeline and not if he can coach.

Simpson can coach and was all the rage this year when we hit a purple patch of two games in a row.

WA loves a whipping boy.

I wish we would just sack our coach, he's lost the players and he's destroying the club.

I wish we would hurry up and appoint a new coach so we can start getting our recruitment underway, this delay is embarrassing the club.

I wish we hired a different coach, I don't like the vibe of this new one and I think he'll be gone from the club in 2 years.

I love this site. 🥰
And as a result of the Richmond takeover, we have rolled over with Barrass and hand over too much for Baker.

With Stocks leaving as head of Communications, I'm hearing we will make a play for Sam McClure.

Glad all these transactions are done .

This is why you don't get tattoos kids. ;)

Seriously though welcome aboard Mini. Don't rate the resume of St Kilda, Gold Coast, Richmond [hate it in fact] but he's a West Coast man now and that has a better ring to it. Has a bit of the Brendon Boltons about him which I think is the right vibe for the moment. Hopefully he gets the boys playing a great brand of footy. Exciting times.

Edit: Can't stop looking at the teeth. So much meme potential. Bodes well.

giphy.gif

"I said Harley to full forward please Gavin"

Last edited:
The really exciting part comes next, when he hires his assistants and we get to decide which one is the real shot caller.

We all know Webster will be responsible for our next GF appearance.

So, is this where we hate on McQualter for being the 'weak link' as an assistant coach in a 3x premiership team but pump Mitchell's tyres because he was an assistant in a 1x premiership team?

Yes. But make it nice and melty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, is this where we hate on McQualter for being the 'weak link' as an assistant coach in a 3x premiership team but pump Mitchell's tyres because he was an assistant in a 1x premiership team?
We don’t need to speculate about Mitchell’s impact with 2018 flag - there was ample commentary from key players (including Yeo and Shuey) after the flag about his importance and how he got the best out of them. His big influence on the flag is a fact, you might as well accept it and move on.

Everything Mitchell has done since has confirmed that he is very astute and a great coach. And our club went downhill rapidly when he left.

I’m not disputing Simpson’s great contribution to the club and the flag, but you credibly can’t deny Mitchell was a big factor in that flag.

Not inspired by the choice, hope I'm proven wrong.

Would have rathered King as our midfield needs the most work and we could pillage some of that Geelong intellectual property.

Last edited:
We don’t need to speculate about Mitchell’s impact with 2018 flag - there was ample commentary from key players (including Yeo and Shuey) after the flag about his importance and how he got the best out of them. His big influence on the flag is a fact, you might as well accept it and move on.

Everything Mitchell has done since has confirmed that he is very astute and a great coach. And our club went downhill rapidly when he left.

I’m not disputing Simpson’s great contribution to the club and the flag, but you credibly can’t deny Mitchell was a big factor in that flag.
I'm not denying Mitchell's involvement, I'm shitting on people who think this is a poor appointment, despite McQ being involved as a coach in 3 flags to Mitchell's 1.

Not inspired by the choice, hope I'm proven wrong.

Would have rather King as our midfield needs the most work and we could pillage some of that Geelong intellectual property.

External Professionals who know their stuff, with club representatives involved, multiple interviews, referees, more interviews are not enough for you. It all boils down to you is king and Geelong midfield. Thats it. What specifically is special there for you?

If he was best choice given rigorous process, then I am happy for it and embrace it.

It’s not a popularity contest.

It would be interesting to know what strengths he’ll bring vs. what the other candidates could have offered. Would love some insight as to why he was picked, rather than the usual “brings a wealth of experience…” etc.
Good luck to him in any case!

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach NEW HEAD COACH - Welcome to West Coast: Andrew McQualter

Back