Are you happy with Andrew McQualter?

• Yes

Votes: 136 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 33 19.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t realise how young he is. His career ended well over a decade ago but isn’t even 40. My memory of his was he had a semi decent career but he finished up at 25
When they asked him in the presser when he knew he wanted to be a coach he said "After I was delisted the third time."

Pretty funny guy.

Stuff like this always blew my mind throughout the year. There's only 18 positions available and one or two spots possibly open up every year. Assistant coaches from Victoria were passing this gig up like there are hundreds of spots open every other week.

Blew me away.

This was literally you just over a month ago:

Screenshot_20240930_182626_Chrome.jpg

FFS 🙄

Just got in from work pulled the RM Williams off and slipped on the thongs, chugging on a Single Fin and just watched AM’s presser.

Hard to not be impressed by that performance.
Very articulate young man, spoke with confidence, humour when needed and appropriate, yet conveyed a steely confidence.

I was impressed, he certainly has an engaging manner and a confident but measure demeanour.

Can’t help but think that he won’t be a good communicator, to the squad and a successful educator to the group.

I loved the reply to the question, when did he start thinking about coaching and the replied “after he had been delisted three times by the age of 25”.

It’s a bit of a generalisation, but VFL / AFL football, is littered with average to poor footballers that have gone on to be outstanding Coaches.

Pagan
Clarkson
Jeans
Sheedy
Lyon
Malthouse

Often those who had to work harder at their craft and think more about the game to compensate for their middling talent, have gone on to be some of the leagues best coaches.

Let’s hope we have found ourselves one here.

Last edited:
Top first presser, 100% behind the great man Mini. Has a lot of traits that we loved in Simmo - well-spoken and humoured, measured and most importantly, humble.

In his house raid and selfie tweet he's basically Simmo in all the ways you've described, that was my immediate feeling when he chatted. Maybe a bit more confident in himself than Simmo was at the same time of being appointed.

In his house raid and selfie tweet he's basically Simmo in all the ways you've described, that was my immediate feeling when he chatted. Maybe a bit more confident in himself than Simmo was at the same time of being appointed.

Simmo stepped into the shoes of Woosha and supposedly there was a huge portrait of Woosh hanging on the wall right where the press conference was. Talk about an intimidating start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not jealous at all. Looks and sounds like a Simpson clone.
Weird comment... You know Simpson's coached a premiership right? As a freo supporter, I would have thought you would want that for your club.

If McCoach can do the same, more than happy with that.

Not jealous at all. Looks and sounds like a Simpson clone.

images

Comes across as farfetched IMO, both of the reasons. No club is making a coaching decision based on 2 or 3 players who may or may not join and I doubt King went from has the job to not having it because of a medical episode related to fatigued during a very busy few day period.
so an independent guy to rattle cages has access to the coaching process. LOL. next this poster will be the secret CEO we never knew we had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach NEW HEAD COACH - Welcome to West Coast: Andrew McQualter

Back