News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of a shame that some clubs may run out of retro guernsey ideas before the AFL decides to implement an actual 18 team retro round.
Who's to say clubs can't reuse jumper designs? most clubs wear the exact same kits every year with slight tweaks and sponsor changes. Sydney & West Coast recycled their indigenous jumper designs for several years without change.

Introducing our 2024 Retro Round range!
-top section of the anchor is too thick.
-collar and cuffs too thin

The club has such a shit identity at the moment.

It wants to appeal to the kids with disposable income and then realises it needs to maintain the current corporate look because... it's embarrassing to go back.

It also loves to connote itself with Indigenous connections and then proudly leeches itself to Woodside.

Genuinely horrible admin.

Don’t understand the negativity around this release, tbh.

Last time they wore this guernsey was five years ago (which is a decent chunk of time), it’s the club’s inaugural home guernsey as they celebrate 30 years since their foundation. It’s also Sekem’s first crack at it, given they wore it last during their last season with ISC.

It was the right choice, and the guernsey itself looks fairly accurate, aside from the purple but it’s really the smallest of issues.

Don’t understand the negativity around this release, tbh.

Last time they wore this guernsey was five years ago (which is a decent chunk of time), it’s the club’s inaugural home guernsey as they celebrate 30 years since their foundation. It’s also Sekem’s first crack at it, given they wore it last during their last season with ISC.

It was the right choice, and the guernsey itself looks fairly accurate, aside from the purple but it’s really the smallest of issues.
Nah, they should have brought out their full haze guernsey with the white anchor, they haven't used that yet for retro round.

Nah, they should have brought out their full haze guernsey with the white anchor, they haven't used that yet for retro round.

I don’t disagree with this, but if they’re focusing on 30 years, makes sense for it to be the inaugural home guernsey.

Purple Haze will have its moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It should be the full haze version of the guernsey with the white anchor brought back full time as it is their best. They made an unused prototype recently.
View attachment 2063043
Yeah I kinda agree with this, have this one as our home, the inverse as the away/clash and add the red/green for derbies (I feel our classic home jumper just better represents the history of the rivalry)

Will die on the hill that the modern anchor is far better than the original. Could do with a redesign possibly if the haze was to become the home jumper though, just so it’s its own thing rather than a rehash. In this case though, the original anchor makes sense. Just a shame how some manufacturers (mainly Sekem and Macron) they’d to put the AFL and sponsor in line with the manufacturer. Shits me to no end I’m afraid.

Unpopular opinion - the chevrons are a much stronger design than the anchor. Would be an improvement if they used the lighter purple though.
The chevrons look good but the problem with them is that it’s just generic, same as Port’s V jumper, there’s nothing unique about these designs that represent the team like the anchor or the lightning bolts.

Sure, most AFL guernseys are generic but I think that mostly works for teams that came up with their jumpers 100 or so years ago.

While I'd love to see the anchor continue to be worn for the occasional Retro game, the chevrons are a much stronger design. As many posters have suggested already, all it needs is a fresh more vibrant shade of purple.
View attachment 2063716View attachment 2063718
Agree with this, but personally (& I think it may have been proposed on this board) I'd love to see the chevron in each of the colour's, Red, White & Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back