News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wearing it against Collingwood. Can’t make this stuff up.
I remember when they first introduced the inverse (brown with gold stripes) and started wearing it in away games with white shorts vs Collingwood.

Like, come on.

It will look funny (but not in a bad way?) with a number of the junior clubs mimicking afl logos. For example on Geelong’s Instagram, Jack bowes looking like he has a st kilda logo on his jumper.
I had to check the fixture again to see if they were playing the Saints or Essendon :sweatsmile:

I like the club logos but reckon it'd have more effect, and be better balanced, if it replaced the Cats one.

Good idea with the junior teams along the hoop but I think most people will assume they're flags; local clubs go through a lot of jumper redesigns. most people connote them with the geography, the ground, or the nickname.

Also cannae be arsed but the AFL website had a photo for a few days of Hawkins in a GFC monogrammed crew neck. it actually looked great. be interesting to see if they bring that back. the current logo is associated with a lot of success but I'm not sure it's that relevant for merchandising anymore.

I like the club logos but reckon it'd have more effect, and be better balanced, if it replaced the Cats one.

Good idea with the junior teams along the hoop but I think most people will assume they're flags; local clubs go through a lot of jumper redesigns. most people connote them with the geography, the ground, or the nickname.

Also cannae be arsed but the AFL website had a photo for a few days of Hawkins in a GFC monogrammed crew neck. it actually looked great. be interesting to see if they bring that back. the current logo is associated with a lot of success but I'm not sure it's that relevant for merchandising anymore.
It was only worn it one flag compared to the current one which has featured in our last three premierships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Mark O’Connor + Rhys Stanley combination pays tribute to their junior clubs, Dingle + Berri

You can purchase any player’s guernsey on the Cats website which is cool:

jezza cameron dartmoor, they have their old jersey design on the jumper hope they use the old logo as well, i won't get close's jersey as i play for east (we hate north)

Why couldn't that get that right? Even the side bars are missing and the bolts/magpie wings look a little smaller. The only thing it's a bit of an improvement from their 2014 botched job of that uniform design, but it's not at all a proper replica.
View attachment 2019208View attachment 2019210
I assume they couldn't replicate the strip exactly because the design is owned by Nike.

Wasn’t the whole point of having the two logos is that that one would be on jumpers forever while the other one would change with the times/fashion?

This is a very cool initiative! Reckon we can guess all the different clubs on the hoop?

You can see in this picture that the band of jumpers gets cut off at the side seam. If there's a repeating set of 16 jumpers used for the front, presumably the back will have the other 21 on repeat. Bigger players will just get more repeating of each pattern to fill out the width of their jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back