News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Walsh really nailing that classic 90s fringe to complete the look.

1000066049.jpg

So it’s just their current jumper with a collar and retro logo ?

They have to be the most boring club when it comes to guernseys
Just once I'd like to see them embrace the old chaimois... Or M&M jumper or something.

I mean, I understand they haven't got a great deal to work with since they've had a navy jumper with CFC on it since ***k knows when, but still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably about time we brought back a coherent retro round. Holistic marketing no brainer, seeing two teams in old timey stuff looks much cooler.
Gather Round would be ideal for all clubs to wear retro / special-alternative jumpers.

AFL would possibly implement more Gather Rounds as a result to allow clubs wearing those strips more than once.

View attachment 2056690

not a fan of the monogram on the retro. it’s just the current monogram logo slapped with 90s version of the afl, puma and hyundai logo.

surely they could of made the logo similar to the one used in the 90s jumper.
Yeah it's a really odd juxtaposition. Maybe if they weren't wearing that monogram now it'd kind of work as a dual era 60s/90s retro jumper, but all I can really see is the current jumper with retro patches. And yes I know there's the collar, but it's the same colour as the jumper so you almost don't even notice it (maybe that's why the players had their collars up in the photo).
I'm sure Carlton has been selling this for a while now, it's just odd that they're retconning the design they wore in their last flag, almost trying to trick everyone into thinking it's never not been this or something.

Yeah it's a really odd juxtaposition. Maybe if they weren't wearing that monogram now it'd kind of work as a dual era 60s/90s retro jumper, but all I can really see is the current jumper with retro patches. And yes I know there's the collar, but it's the same colour as the jumper so you almost don't even notice it (maybe that's why the players had their collars up in the photo).
I'm sure Carlton has been selling this for a while now, it's just odd that they're retconning the design they wore in their last flag, almost trying to trick everyone into thinking it's never not been this or something.
the collars both around the neck and shoulders look almost black on the guernseys the players are wearing whilst the actual guernsey looks like a faded navy blue color in the promo shots. could be just me or the lighting in the pic as the ones used in the promo shots on the carlton shop all look like one colour.

and for those not across the reason, see link

I feel like the odds were stacked against any Bartholomews or Angelinas that entered

View attachment 2056690

not a fan of the monogram on the retro. it’s just the current monogram logo slapped with 90s version of the afl, puma and hyundai logo.

surely they could of made the logo similar to the one used in the 90s jumper.
Yeah it would have been better if they’d traced the monogram from the example jumper they’re holding up. It’s slightly skinnier and taller. The AFL logo on the new one also appears to be slightly lighter in colour

Probably about time we brought back a coherent retro round. Holistic marketing no brainer, seeing two teams in old timey stuff looks much cooler.

The challenge is the away team. Its a bit of an investment to put together not only a retro guernsey, but all of the content that needs to be delivered, and it’s wasted if you draw the away game.

I’d like to see all teams do it, but have it driven by the teams themselves and coordinate with the opponent so both teams are wearing the retro kit so basically every team would then end up wearing it twice.

You could argue that it could be done as a dedicated two week section, but Sir Doug Nicholls Round occupies that space.

The challenge is the away team. Its a bit of an investment to put together not only a retro guernsey, but all of the content that needs to be delivered, and it’s wasted if you draw the away game.

I’d like to see all teams do it, but have it driven by the teams themselves and coordinate with the opponent so both teams are wearing the retro kit - basically every team would then end up wearing it twice.

You could argue that it could be done as a dedicated two week section, but Sir Doug Nicholls Round occupies that space.
It's why Gather Round would be the best time to do it, as that round fixture comes out earlier than the rest of the season, hence more time for the designers to do their craft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back