Sweet Cricket Assoc. The Sweet C.A - Sign Up and Major Announcements Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember him playing a forward defence off one of the quicks that year that flew past the bowler for four.
I based my batting on Steve Waugh from then on.

Before that, my batting was more like this guy...

Scanlens-Cricket-Sticker-1982%C2%A0Australia-Kim-Hughes.webp

kim-hughes-batting-for-australia-during-the-prudential-world-cup-match-between-australia-and.jpg

01488-zoom.jpg

I was a lot more consistent after making the change
Loved KJ Hughes, and GS Chappell, then to AR Border and DC Boon, then Tugga. That was my timeline.

Best I've seen was SR Waugh on the greentop on the 95 tour of the Windies.

63no(101) from team total of 128. Absolutely brutal conditions. Never seen someone more bruised after an innings. Pure grit and survival.

Boon and Reiffel the only other batsmen to last 30 balls.

It was the only 50 of the match.
Yes, I remember that one. Stayed up all night watching it. Ambrose was bowling that vicious length he was renowned for. Waugh was hit several times & at one point Richardson had to drag Ambrose away from Waugh as they were staring each other down.

Yes, I remember that one. Stayed up all night watching it. Ambrose was bowling that vicious length he was renowned for. Waugh was hit several times & at one point Richardson had to drag Ambrose away from Waugh as they were staring each other down.

I had the fortune of meeting Curtly and Steve Waugh.
Curtly is one cool dude.

• BigFooty username: TheInjuryFactory
  • Player Type (select one): Pure Batter
  • Left or Right handed: RH
  • Bowl Type (select one): Right Arm Fast
In 👍

• BigFooty Username: Robertio
  • Player Type (select one): Keeper
  • Left or Right handed: Left hand batsman
  • Bowl Type (select one): Can't bowl for peanuts
i tohught this was all make believe . so we can all bat and bowl lol

if it actually takes skill then i will need to remove my application. I am a non sport person. i only watch not play.

Sounds like a bunch of irl malarkey to me! Where's the Sweet champs of old?

Oh yeah, that's right. YOU'RE ABOUT TO BECOME THEM!

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

What’s the rules in applying to build a new stadium for this? ChippyBet might like to expand, there might not be enough space if we buy and demolish the property next to ChippyBet, or take the grassy area next to the hippodrome though 🤔

i tohught this was all make believe . so we can all bat and bowl lol

if it actually takes skill then i will need to remove my application. I am a non sport person. i only watch not play.
Sounds like you're qualified for this mate.

What’s the rules in applying to build a new stadium for this? ChippyBet might like to expand, there might not be enough space if we buy and demolish the property next to ChippyBet, or take the grassy area next to the hippodrome though
Come talk to me.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im guessing it a 5 day test match

We sit and read the sim go through over by over . cheer when your team hits the boundaries. cheer when you r team gets a wicket. then celebrate at the end of the 5 dayt test
We are still undecided whether we go for the 4 Day game or the 5 Day game. Though posting of the games will most likely be truncated to two dates to accomodate the length of time we have for qricket with summer.

If you want to have a read of some previous games. From a activeness standpoint, it’s the same amount of effort as a game of qooty

For those interested in developing their own club and wanting some feedback on arena options, please PM me. There are many options, but of course also some limitations! From existing locales to brand new allotments, I am ready to cater as much as possible to all queries.
I assure all I that all discussion will be private to protect your potential bids, and I additionally will not even say one way or the other if a suggested locale might conflict with the interest of more than one potential body.
For disclosure, I am currently entwined in a likely bid, but assure I will not share any information from other bids, even with that bid entity.
Please note that no dedications of existing or new arenas will be committed to without official bid acceptance by the Sweet CA overlordsseers.
Non-bid queries are also welcome of course - just hit me up.
Cheers,
Mobbs,
Itsnoteven Real Estate.

Im guessing it a 5 day test match

We sit and read the sim go through over by over cheer when your team hits the boundaries. cheer when you r team gets a wicket. then celebrate at the end of the 5 dayt test
Cheer for your team.
Laugh at the other team.
Have fun.

I'll shoot you a PM.

Although if you are anything like me after a loss.... I cry in the shower.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Last edited:
We are still undecided whether we go for the 4 Day game or the 5 Day game. Though posting of the games will most likely be truncated to two dates to accomodate the length of time we have for qricket with summer.

If you want to have a read of some previous games. From a activeness standpoint, it’s the same amount of effort as a game of qooty
ok thanks for that

I will be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sweet Cricket Assoc. The Sweet C.A - Sign Up and Major Announcements Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back