Sweet Cricket Assoc. The Sweet C.A - Sign Up and Major Announcements Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

About as unassuming as you can get. I've always loved the story that his brother-in-law heard his selection news on the radio and called him up to tell him - https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1078644/the-strangest-selection.

I'm friends with his niece and all she knew growing up was that he was a cricketer when he was younger. He never really mentioned it. She just knew him as the uncle that had a farm and it was only when she told me and I rattled off some info about him that she realised it was rather a bigger deal than he made out haha.
I liked him. Hard worker and was underrated in his one-dayers

Why are people actually choosing offspin? Is there something in the sim we should all know about?
You might have heard of a slightly successful off spinner called Lyon. Could go places.

Oh and moginie if you put in a team bid, please base the club at Mount Buller and then make sure you draft me so I don't have to travel far.

Oh and moginie if you put in a team bid, please base the club at Mount Buller and then make sure you draft me so I don't have to travel far.
Unfortunately I won't put in a team bid at this time. The non Sweet FA world is taking up a bit too much at the moment.

But I am looking forward to participating.

Larry is only for milestone posts.

This is the man. And I've loved this photo, taken by George Beldham in 1902, ever since I was a little kid.

View attachment 2093540
I remember that from the 70s weetbix cards. (sure it was weetbix)

'tek the long andle Vic ''

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I’m totally in. I’m just nervous about clicking links

I'm picturing a pure batter. Silky, maybe left-handed. Middle order. Bowl left arm mediums if absolutely required.

Am I correct?

Not bad.

I’m a good, solid batter capable of some really impressive stands time to time. It’s all in the head and when the chips are down and I’m in, I protect the tail and get the job done. I’m no Mark Waugh but I have style on a good day.

I’m definitely a part time bowler but am capable of some slow but cheeky off-spin. Right handed though. I don’t know if there has ever been a cricketer good off both sides. I’d say no

This look right?

Proper Gander
Batting all-rounder
Right hand
Right arm off-spin

I’ll take it.
sick team america GIF

• BigFooty Username: Chipmunk
  • Player Type (select one): Pure Bowler
  • Left or Right handed: Right
  • Bowl Type (select one): Right Arm Leg Break

Might not be around much to start with, but definitely keen to be involved from the start.

Elton Johns Wig
Pure Bowler
Left Handed Bat
Left Arm Fast

Favourite photo was Steve Waugh fwd defence to spin on the ‘89 Ashes tour, beautiful.

1724764861049.png

Might not be around much to start with, but definitely keen to be involved from the start.

Elton Johns Wig
Pure Bowler
Left Handed Bat
Left Arm Fast

Favourite photo was Steve Waugh fwd defence to spin on the ‘89 Ashes tour, beautiful.

View attachment 2094139
I remember him playing a forward defence off one of the quicks that year that flew past the bowler for four.
I based my batting on Steve Waugh from then on.

Before that, my batting was more like this guy...

Scanlens-Cricket-Sticker-1982%C2%A0Australia-Kim-Hughes.webp

kim-hughes-batting-for-australia-during-the-prudential-world-cup-match-between-australia-and.jpg

01488-zoom.jpg

I was a lot more consistent after making the change

Last edited:
I remember him playing a forward defence off one of the quicks that year that flew past the bowler for four.
I based my batting on Steve Waugh from then on.

Before that, my batting was more like this guy...

Scanlens-Cricket-Sticker-1982%C2%A0Australia-Kim-Hughes.webp

kim-hughes-batting-for-australia-during-the-prudential-world-cup-match-between-australia-and.jpg

01488-zoom.jpg

I was a lot more consistent after making the change
That ton he scored at the MCG in 1981 against the Windies is still the best innings I've ever seen.

That ton he scored at the MCG in 1981 against the Windies is still the best innings I've ever seen.
Best I've seen was SR Waugh on the greentop on the 95 tour of the Windies.

63no(101) from team total of 128. Absolutely brutal conditions. Never seen someone more bruised after an innings. Pure grit and survival.

Boon and Reiffel the only other batsmen to last 30 balls.

It was the only 50 of the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sweet Cricket Assoc. The Sweet C.A - Sign Up and Major Announcements Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back