NFL New NFL Uniforms/Logos

Remove this Banner Ad

The big BROWNS written down both legs is bad

Haha, yeah. Awful. I had a look thinking the traditionalists on the sportslogos forums might be pretty okay with it, then I saw the leg wordmark. They'll absolutely hate that.

Yep, I can't have the "BROWNS" on the side of the pants, especially when the pants start off with traditional stripes then get cut off abruptly by the wordmark. They should have picked one or the other, not try and do both.

Also, they technically have 18 different combinations if you count the socks.

Last edited:
Could have been worse given their colour scheme. I don't mind the numbering, but I'm not a fan of the wording on the front of the jersey (it looks like a college team) or the pants.

Paul Lukas' (Uni Watch) take

The Cleveland Browns still don't have a helmet logo, but they're making up for it in the other parts of their new uniform set.

The helmet: Pretty much the same as before, except the shade of orange has been tweaked (which had already been announced back in February), the face mask has changed from gray to brown (ditto), and -- in the one new detail revealed tonight -- the brown portions of the center stripe now have a textured pattern. This is all fine. Grade: A

The jerseys: The use of large "Cleveland" lettering on the chest of all three jerseys -- brown, white and orange -- feels forced and overdone, like something a college or even high school team would do. At the unveiling, a Nike designer boasted that this lettering constituted "the largest chest mark in the NFL," which isn't necessarily something to be proud of. It would work well on an alternate jersey (a "pride" design, as the industry currently likes to call them), but putting it on all three jerseys is too much.

On the plus side, the block-shadowed numerals look great on all three jerseys -- a nice touch, and a throwback to the franchise's early days. Unfortunately, the colored topstitching on all of the jersey seams looks like something you'd find in the "irregular" bin at a 99-cent store (especially on the brown jersey, where the orange topstitching looks particularly bad).

One final thought: In the midst of all the other developments, it's easy to overlook that the number of sleeve stripes has been cut from five to three. A pity. Grade: C

i

Overall, the new uniforms for the Cleveland Browns feel like a downgrade. AP Photo/Tony Dejak
The pants: Embarrassing. Those big, honking "Browns" word marks down the sides are an arena league move. They're also designed to be a poison pill for traditionalists -- a litmus test to divide old-schoolers from futurists. Mission accomplished, at least in that regard. Grade: F

The socks: While the Browns have said that they'll now have nine different uniform combination possibilities (three jersey colors mixed and matched with three pant colors), the actual number of possibilities is 18, because they're going with two different sock options -- brown-topped and orange-topped, both featuring the standard-issue NFL format. Some stripes would've been nice, but almost no NFL teams bother with that anymore. Grade: A-

Of course, some of the combinations of these elements will look better than others -- solid orange, for example, is something to avoid, while the white jersey paired with the orange or brown pants isn't bad (at least until the players turn sideways to reveal the lettering on the pant legs). Overall, though, this feels like a downgrade. Too bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

49ers to introduce first-ever alternate uniforms
Posted by Mike Florio on April 29, 2015, 7:53 PM EDT
49ers.jpg
Getty Images
Thursday’s 49ers draft party won’t simply celebrate the newest member of the team. It’ll also include a look at the team’s first-ever alternate uniforms.

The 49ers will be unveiling the new alternate jersey, the first change to the team’s uniform since 2009.

“I think the fans are going to be excited when they see our new look,” 49ers linebackerNavorro Bowman said in a press release. “I think the fans are going to understand we mean business. All I can say is we won’t have to worry about how we look, because we’ll know we look good.”

While the 49ers have never had an alternate uniform, they fully embraced the throwback uniforms worn by all teams in the NFL’s 75th season of 1994. Originally planned for limited use, the NFL allowed each team to wear their old-school uniforms as often as they pleased, and the 49ers rode theirs all the way to their most recent Super Bowl victory.

**** is this shit?

1233268621194094952.png

I think the NFL have rules against it, but if there is one trend I would like to see carry over from college, it's alternate helmets. This set is calling out for a black helmet.

I also heard the Raiders will be getting a white jumper with gold numbers to celebrate 50 years or whatever. The gold branding around the NFL this season has been mostly fantastic. The pro bowl unis, the draft logo - all look great.

I'm not a fan, maybe some gold outline on the numbers would have been better? The all black design is at least 10 years out of date and, while I know it will sell, I would like to have seen something more true to the 49ers history or gold and red.

Even the idea isn't original as Mitchell & Ness were flogging off Black YOUNG, RICE, etc... jerseys 20 years ago.
3IJr6gq.jpg

Today I received by Bowman #53 Black alternate jersey in the mail.....it looks much better in real life than on the web. If I can get some decent light I'll post a photo number keep coming out as hi vis orange in the photos.

P.S. Here is hoping the Brasher jersey purchase curse ends too.

Edit...%^&$ photo added....the red is really red, just very ordinary photography at play

upload_2015-6-17_13-23-5.png

Last edited:
Hang on, I'm confused. A Patriots avvy but a Niners jersey?
He's a jersey collector like GG?

I for one refuse to buy a jersey or a team other than Atlanta.

However, if Kellen becomes a starter for Detroit or wherever, I might dish out on his jersey :p Except maybe if he goes to Nawleans. No self respecting Falcons fan would buy Saints gear.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL New NFL Uniforms/Logos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back