New numbers nominated

Remove this Banner Ad

Broughton was 48.

Richmond had players allocated numbers in the 50s this year - Relton Roberts appeared in the #50 in at least one game.

There's an interesting* thread on the stats board dealing with these sort of things.

*if you're as big a nerd as me.

Almost certainly. Consider that thread lurked.

Super Pets talks about the number #23.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/105854/default.aspx

This part should please....EVERYONE.

Petrenko played the opening 12 games last season filling a niche as a crumbing small forward in the Adelaide attack, but has trained with the defensive and midfield groups this pre-season.

"I'm eyeing off a defensive position this year because last season guys like Matty Jaensch and Ricky Henderson really stepped up and did a good job in the forward line.

Petrenko played the opening 12 games last season filling a niche as a crumbing small forward in the Adelaide attack, but has trained with the defensive and midfield groups this pre-season.

"I'm eyeing off a defensive position this year because last season guys like Matty Jaensch and Ricky Henderson really stepped up and did a good job in the forward line.

This = WIN:thumbsu:

I like Petrenko in #23. Part of me thought that the number should be retired for a year or two, but if it's what Macca wants, then Petrenko should have it. The endorsement from McLeod could be a nice little psychological kick-start for the rest of Petrenko's career.

Tambling No.1 doesn't bode well.....

Romano Negri - 1991
Andrew Geddes - 1992
Greg Anderson - 1993-1996
retired - 1997
Ashley Furnee - 1998
Lucas Herbert - 1999
Andrew Crowell - 2000-2003
Matthew Smith - 2004-2005
Alan Obst - 2006
Nick Gill - 2007-2009
Luke Thompson - 2010
Richard Tambling - 2011-

Some history there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin has moved off 41 remember, so 41, 42, 44 & 48 are available. I don't know why 49 is off limits though.

From Twitter:

So there goes 37, the rest of the rookies will most likely take over the jumpers in the 40s now.

So the following is left:
42 - made famous by Matthew Kelly, Chad Rintoul, Clint Kirey, Justin Cicolella, PauL Thomas, Jason Porplyzia, Tim Hazell, Ryan Nye, Sam Elliot, Rhys Archard, Jared Petrenko & Brian Donnelly
44 - Tommy Warhurst, Sean Wellman, Peter Cavan, Stuart Bown & Nathan Bock
48 - Grant Tanner & Matthew Jaensch
49 - Sean Tasker & Mark Viska
50 - Wayne Weidemann & Chris Groom
51 - Randall Bone
52 - the big fella

is it just the 3 new lads (Milera, von Bertouch & Roach) or do they assign one to Aaron Duncan as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

New numbers nominated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back