Toast New Posters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello to all you Bigfooty critters out there, Im 21 from Darwin...yes Darwin I love my footy n fishing n been an Essendon fan for as long as I can remember n make the trip to Melbs 2-4 times a year n round 18 being one of them n Darwin just got the internets a few weeks ago n after it dials up I can just spend hours drooling over all yas juicy footy goodness n that!

Names Liam. Am 17 and have been a bomber since 2000 when my uncle and primary school mates influenced me heavily and which for without them, I'd be a bulldog because of my old man :eek: The B in my name is for bombers, and 16 is for our flags. Looking forward to changing my name to LB#17 soon ;)

Have been reading the forum since about jan-feb 09 and got an account in march of last year. Posted here and there since then and am looking forward to getting more involved in bigfooty and this great board especially. Am considering updating my account if I get involved enough.

Hope to get to know everyone a bit more. Cheers.

I live in Sydney but grew up on the Bellarine Peninsula. I originally found Bigfooty to keep up to date with the Geelong leagues but love all the good advice I find now on sports betting and multi betting. There is some really knowledgeable blokes on here who teach you as you go. I was not a big fan of any particular club until Grand Final Day 1993 when after the match me and an another 18yr old buddy decided it would be a good idea to take an old 68 Toyota Carona for a burn down Swan Bay Rd out the back of Drysdale. About two minutes before we rolled the car he leant over and put my seatbelt on. Once we came to a stop wrapped in a barbed wire fence with the front and back windows missing this Essendon fan in exchange for saving my life said I must show undying love for the Bombers forever. 18 yrs and counting......

16 year old from Wagga Wagga who was introduced to Bigfooty by a mate. I went for Geelong until I was 5-6 because of my dad going for them but changed to Essendon. Watch them every week and do get to go see 2-3 games a year live. Really happy with some of the young players coming through but still think we need to recruit more.

Been here for almost a year now, but starting to get more involved in the Essendon board, so I'll say my bit.

Been a supporter since 93 - apparently my Dad had supported them, but I couldn't remember anything about that. My aunt wanted me to go for the Dogs, but 93 was when I first started paying attention to any football, so that's how it ended up. First matches I can recall watching were the 96 finals series - Wanganeen hitting the post in Brisbane, the horde of scarf wearers at the G and Lockett's point are seared on my memory.

I didn't get to a game until 2000 - unfortunately, it was the only match we lost that season. I was sitting behind Grant on the third level and sore it sail through. The next game I went to was the 2001 'comeback' against North. I went with a Kangaroos supporting mate and was copping it all that first quarter. Needless to say that had reversed by the end of the day.

I don't get to many matches, and with uni and work I was a fairly passove supporter for most of the decade, but my interest has been rekindled these last few years. I was hoping that when I got a full time job I'd be able to get a membership and go to more games, but I ended up getting a job up in country Victoria, so there's not much point at the moment. Bigfooty's been good to keep up with everything that's going on and really expanded my knowledge and love for the Bombers. I actually came to find out more about Knight's sacking, and ended up staying for the cricket discussion over the Ashes.

G'day guys. I'm 20 years old and have been following Bigfooty for a few years now but have only recently started posting (not very often). I live in Doncaster and attend at least 10 games a year (not a member). Now lets smash the Swannies this Saturday night!

Hi there.
19, journo student, Dons fan obviously. 14 year member.
Live in Tullamarine, play for the cricket club which is directly opposite where the training base'll be built, so i'm looking forward to the move.
Favourite player's probably Kyle Reimers. Not just for his attitude, (kicking balls into the pies cheer squad is a big (Y) from me) he can definitely play.
Also a big Victory fan, but don't hold that against me!

Hi all,
I've been a reader of bigfooty for about a year and signed up today as I couldn't read the Bay 13 threads anymore! I'm originally from Melbourne but have lived in Brisbane for a long time. Been following the Bombers since the end of 84 (GF was the first game I remember watching as a six year old - still so very thankful to this day it wasn't the 83 GF & what could have been - oh the humanity). I'm also a big Broncs fan in the League but fair to say I have much more passion for the Bombers!!

just realised there was a new posters thread lol.
im 17, live in WA and have been supporting the bombers as long as i can remember, dont know the reason, parents were migrants not into footy. but it happened! glad i didnt end up going for wc... :S
anyway looking forward to finals, i think we'll make the second week, and make a big impact next season, cant wait.

and bandwagoning is shocking in wa. mostly for wc though, freo fans are dedicated.

im 17, live in WA and have been supporting the bombers as long as i can remember, dont know the reason, parents were migrants not into footy. but it happened! glad i didnt end up going for wc... :S

:thumbsu:

Which begs the question .... how did you get into supporting the Bombers then? :D

I'm a migrant myself. My first introduction to footy was the 1993 Grand Final. I've been accused of being a traitor ... but aren't traitors people who switch sides?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu:

Which begs the question .... how did you get into supporting the Bombers then? :D

I'm a migrant myself. My first introduction to footy was the 1993 Grand Final. I've been accused of being a traitor ... but aren't traitors people who switch sides?

i actually have no idea! i was a dons supporter by the 2000 grand final though. so given i was 5/6 at the time, and they were doing very well then, i probably thought to myself one day "i need to go for a footy team because everyone else does!" and decided on the best one at the time, rather than a WA one

traitor from another sport? cant be for another team, if its the first team you've supported haha
maybe if you were a massive soccer/cricket/etc fan before, and afl became your #1 after that they could just mean traitor from the other sport?

traitor from another sport? cant be for another team, if its the first team you've supported haha
maybe if you were a massive soccer/cricket/etc fan before, and afl became your #1 after that they could just mean traitor from the other sport?

No, they definitely meant traitor as in not supporting a WA side, because they asked me why I didn't barrack for the Eagles (Dockers didn't even exist back then). AFL isn't my number 1 sport anyway - it's number 2 for me.

G'day Guys. Names Brenton, i'm 20 nearly 21. I've only just become a member of bigfooty but have reading the posts quite extensively for a while now. I play footy myself on Saturdays and follow the Bombers very passionately. I'm currently living in Ballarat and travel home to play footy in Swan Hill. I try to go to as many games as possible but due to travel it makes it tough. I've been a member occasionally, but being a student atm and struggle to find the cash and time to consistently go to games.

Anyway, I originally used to barrack for Richmond as a kid (Dad was on the list in 80'. Wierd but Sheeds still remembers him from back then....) but quickly worked out that they are a complete rabble and switched to the bombers, thanks largely to my uncle, around 98' - 99'.

My first game watching the bombers was back in 93' gainst North Melb. I can't really remember the game much as i thought it was too loud and was crying a fair bit so we had to leave early.

But thats a short summary of who I am and my allegance with the bombers and I look forward to an insightful member of the Essendon Forum.

No, they definitely meant traitor as in not supporting a WA side, because they asked me why I didn't barrack for the Eagles (Dockers didn't even exist back then). AFL isn't my number 1 sport anyway - it's number 2 for me.

ahh, i totally misread your whole post (and didnt see you were from perth oops!) there are many, many reasons to not support wc though!

G'day fella's, my names ben, 19 years old, love all kinds of sport, footy and cricket in particular. Was born into an essendon family, whole family goes for essendon! Been a member for 4 years, i go to every home match that doesnt clash with my own sport. Grew up as a MASSIVE matthew lloyd fan, and used to love the tough nuts of '99-01, such as the johnsons, wallis, solomon, as well as our midfield class of misiti and mercuri! Nowadays i love watching hurley go about his business, jobe is a gun, heppell is bloody exciting, and im hoping zaharakis, howlett, melksham, carlisle and crameri all develope into real players for the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast New Posters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back