kolja51

Debutant
Oct 20, 2005
Manama, Bahrain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hajduk Split, Crystal Palace
This is new Richmond logo. I assume Cato Design did it (cato.com.au) as it's the same style as Hawks and Geelong that they did. It's an upgrade for sure, but just missing the link to a Richmond's history.
What do you reckon? :thumbsu: or :thumbsdown:???

Richmond-logo.gif

I'm going to say :thumbsdown:

As has been shown, a gratuitous rip-off the Tiger beer logo for composition and pose of the tiger. They could have done so much more to make it unique emblem for Richmond (I could see a sash being formed amongst those stripes on the chest maybe?); but instead they've turned it into a generic logo that no doubt has the potential to be ripped-off itself in amateur sporting circles to within an inch of its life. I'm sorry to say, it deserves it.
Too much white, to boot.

Perhaps with the exception of Melbourne, though it too has its critics, the last half a dozen new club logos have been extremely sub-standard in my eyes :(

In my opinion Essendon's logo is much better then St. Kilda, they should be a next team to rebrand.

I can sort of see where you guys are coming from in regards to the St. Kilda logo. There was a change to Anislie FC logo at the beginning of this year which is similar.

OLD:
Ainslielogo.jpg

NEW:
ainslie_logo.jpg

Don't change the Saints logo.

I kind of liked the old Tigers crest. In comparison to the other AFL logos, it was different. This looks uniform. The lines are a little soft as well.

By no means is this a bad design, it's just a little boring.

I've always liked the Dutch football logo. I know this is a lion, not a tiger. However, a similar design might be something fresh to the league.

kvKRtols2rjrU5Afvsmdgw

In my opinion Essendon's logo is much better then St. Kilda, they should be a next team to rebrand.

Just on Rebrands, i spoke to Simon Garlick and we (the western bulldogs) are having a major rebrand at the end of the 2012 season..... yes that means we will be reverting back to our traditional strip

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the inclusion of Greater Western Sydney, the Western Bulldogs should rebrand before 2012.

We had some exchange students from America this semester who really got into the footy, however they only realised a couple of weeks ago that the Western Bulldogs were not from Western Australia.

We had some exchange students from America this semester who really got into the footy, however they only realised a couple of weeks ago that the Western Bulldogs were not from Western Australia.

I get this all the time. Not just from foreigners, but Auusies not too familiar with AFL.

Perhaps we change to the "Footscray-Western Bulkdogs"??

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Richmond Tigers logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back