New Roos vow to be a force

Remove this Banner Ad

If that was his first ever afl pre season in charge, i cant wait to see how well we will be going if he stays for years to come, with more and more knowledge of pre seasons under his belt we will be absolute fitness freaks that could run out a game with out any interchanges

SPOT ON!!.......this man is a major key to it all. :thumbsu:

Just hope Eddie doesn't come along and buy him out from under us.

Great to see a positive piece like this one from the media.
Lets hope both boys prove a few people wrong - including those on here.

I would be the first person who would LOVE to be proved wrong because EGO is not the agenda,the success of the NMFC is the only thing that matters.

If only one of these boys turn out to be a decent contributor then this piece of drafting can be deemed a winner.:thumbsu:

Two sorely needed, although speculative outside mids for a late third round pick.

Nice work, Nev.:thumbsu:

Didn't we also have to give up pick 90-something? I doubt we'll miss anything with those picks and happy to give them a shot. Urquhart and Adams may still be a way off, and Riggio has lots of work to do.

Sam Power may well be the outside mid we have been screaming out for. At the Doggies he was one of many, but they only have West who can actually win the ball. Within our set up he won't have to win his own ball very often, won't have to tag midfielders, and will be encouraged to kick it long to one on one contests. Could be on a real winner here for virtually nothing.

I only hope PT can work the wonders on Leigh Brown that he seemed to be able to work with the rest of the squad!

Didn't we also have to give up pick 90-something? I doubt we'll miss anything with those picks and happy to give them a shot. Urquhart and Adams may still be a way off, and Riggio has lots of work to do.

Only a fourth (48) and six round pick(96) in a weak draft. Definately worth wild.

Didn't we also have to give up pick 90-something?

Yes. I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

Urquhart and Adams may still be a way off, and Riggio has lots of work to do.

IMO, Urquart is still too light, but will make it. Beautiful hands. Has skill and courage.

Adams would be in most other sides already and is stiff to be up against Simmo, Harris and Swallow. I would like the club to contemplate moving Simmo to a HBF in order to fast track Adams. The team would be none the worse for it.

Riggio is most often mistaken for a defender. He is in fact best suited as an onballer. He has great disposal, a hard body, and tons of guts. He also reads the play beautifully and can take an overhead mark. His only fault is that he is a bit one paced. NB coach Fitzgerald has worked him out where he plays him as a midfielder off the bench after the initial sting has gone out of the game and Matt usually does very well in this role. Laidley should look at doing the same thing. I have noticed that when Matt is utilised down back, he usually does an excellent job on his opponent, but loses all offensive capacity due to becoming totally transfixed on close checking his opponent. His footskills are a luxury we can't afford to have inhibited with a defensive mindset. Hence, I deem his best role as a rotating midfielder.:thumbsu:

IMO, Urquart is still too light, but will make it. Beautiful hands. Has skill and courage.

Adams would be in most other sides already and is stiff to be up against Simmo, Harris and Swallow. I would like the club to contemplate moving Simmo to a HBF in order to fast track Adams. The team would be none the worse for it.

Riggio is most often mistaken for a defender. He is in fact best suited as an onballer. He has great disposal, a hard body, and tons of guts. He also reads the play beautifully and can take an overhead mark. His only fault is that he is a bit one paced. NB coach Fitzgerald has worked him out where he plays him as a midfielder off the bench after the initial sting has gone out of the game and Matt usually does very well in this role. Laidley should look at doing the same thing. I have noticed that when Matt is utilised down back, he usually does an excellent job on his opponent, but loses all offensive capacity due to becoming totally transfixed on close checking his opponent. His footskills are a luxury we can't afford to have inhibited with a defensive mindset. Hence, I deem his best role as a rotating midfielder.:thumbsu:
Good wrap there. I like the looks of Riggio too, just ahven't seen him enough.

Yes. I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

You write stuff like that and yet your assessment of our coach is so ****ed up! That's some weird shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely he's had a bad personal run in with Laidley at some point. Only possible explanation for the extreme loathing after such a great season.

Whatever the reason, it's getting a little old now.

He's our coach. So get behind him. :)

Surely he's had a bad personal run in with Laidley at some point. Only possible explanation for the extreme loathing after such a great season.

I guess that's always possible with Dean. Maybe Teffy runs a caravan park in Echuca.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Roos vow to be a force

Remove this Banner Ad

Back