Saints News New St Kilda assistant coach - Robert Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Whats the go with all the assistants going?

You would have to think he would be midfield coach. Was he midfield coach at Carlton?

What about Mathew Lappin? Would we be interested in him?

Re: Robert Harvey - St Kilda assistant coach

Thanks for the heads up! I suppose it was only a matter of time until The Prodigal Son returned. :thumbsu:

THE GREAT MAN IS BACK AT THE SAINTS!!!!!

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4311/newsid/102533/default.aspx

Robert Harvey informed the club that he will be accepting a role as an Assistant Coach at his former club St Kilda, adding to the coaching changes at Carlton.

Great News :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I guess it would be midfield coach, since thats what he was at Carlton.
( That would be above Sandringham coach in the Pecking order woudn't it )?

Hopefully at the family day next year one of the events will be "burn the blue shirt ":D Burn the shirt! Burn the shirt! Burn the shirt!

http://www.saints.com.au/season2010/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/102538/default.aspx

Saints welcome home a champion

St Kilda Football Club is thrilled to announce that Club record games holder Robert Harvey is returning to the Saints.

St Kilda CEO Michael Nettlefold said, “We are absolutely delighted to welcome Robert Harvey back to St Kilda. He had a remarkable career with the Saints, which spanned an incredible 20 years.”

Senior Coach Ross Lyon said; “Working with Robert over his last two years at the Club, I was able to understand and appreciate his dedication and passion for the Saints."

“For the playing group, it will be exciting for them to welcome Robert back and we all look forward to working with him for a number of years to come.”

Midfield, his devotion to work that little bit harder will be so good for the young Saints coming through to learn through his example.

SO DAMN GOOD NEWS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The belief is that Ross is very difficult to work with.

Has been described as often sarcastic, demeaning, rude & provocative.

Staff on the other hand may have their fingers crossed that opportunities will present elsewhere.

Wotcha reckon Numbat - Ratten's a bigger arseh*le than Ross?

Wotcha reckon Numbat - Ratten's a bigger arseh*le than Ross?

Might be he got tired of taking gloves to shake Ratten's hand and then burning said gloves (thank you One Week and Quarterbrain...)

Since some might have been fortunate not to see the particular episode, the innuendo is that they decided to show ratten scratching his genitalia on the bench for some shits and giggles, not the odd scratch over clothing, but under.

awesome news :thumbsu:, the sad bit about it for harves, is that if we do manage to win the grand final this year...of all the time he has been and will be directly involved in the st kilda, he has somehow managed to evade it

the premiership gods must have it in for him!

but having said that it was his choice to go to the blues...

go harves! go saints!

As much as I love Harves, I cant say I'm all too pleased with the appointment. Im not a fan at all of romantic appointments of favoured sons of any club. Just look at Voss, Shaw, Bartlett (and I'm sure in a couple of years time Primus) to see that hiring a guy because hes a club champion does not usually end well.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong :thumbsu:

Since some might have been fortunate not to see the particular episode, the innuendo is that they decided to show ratten scratching his genitalia on the bench for some shits and giggles, not the odd scratch over clothing, but under.

I hear he wants to change his nickname from "Ratts" to "Crabs".

I'm very happy that Robert Harvey is coming back to our team.

This could mean we're rebuilding or it could mean we just need to fill in a coach spot.

Back on the payroll this bloke. Going for his 30 year long service :p

As much as I love Harves, I cant say I'm all too pleased with the appointment. Im not a fan at all of romantic appointments of favoured sons of any club. Just look at Voss, Shaw, Bartlett (and I'm sure in a couple of years time Primus) to see that hiring a guy because hes a club champion does not usually end well.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong :thumbsu:
Difference is all of those guys were head coaches. Lot less pressure on an assistant.

Primus was well-liked as an assistant.

Love this news!! Give him a pair of Puma Kings and get him out there saturday night!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints News New St Kilda assistant coach - Robert Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back