Saints News New St Kilda assistant coach - Robert Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm paranoid without being superstitious. I'm sure the AFL has it in for us in some regards. Steven Baker is evidence of that. Also look at the way we are treated in the media. Instead of inferring that the Saints - Bulldogs match is the lesser of the two preliminary finals, they simply say it or they don't bother to mention it. Despite playing plenty of exciting football, apparently all we can do is shut down other clubs and that (apparently) wont win us a Grand Final, but its odds on to get us there. Huh???

We need to earn respect the old fashioned way - through results.

Last years' performance of twenty wins and two losses by a total of 7 points wasn't enough. We did taper off at the end of the season but we made it to the big stage for the first time in 12 years and played injured players and played in the wet on GF day and still only fell one point shy of winning it when the final siren blew.

It wasn't enough.

This year we played half the season without Riweoldt. The footy pundits had us written off. No hope. But we regained our composure and had a top 4 place sewn up quite early.

The Bulldogs had to rely on Fremantle falling in a heap to snatch their top 4 spot. We did it the hard way.

This year we MUST go all the way.

We don't have to win big. In fact I think we'll probably be conservative in the prelim because we still have bigger fish to fry. No disrespect to Western Bulldogs intended, but it doesn't matter who we are playing in the other finals - it is irelevent - the absolute goal is the premiership. Everything we do is simply to maximise our chances of gaining that cup.

Steel hearts

We will win. Then with a fresh team of assistant coaches we will go about our defence in 2011 and hopefully 2012. We will earn the respect we deserve through undeniable superiority.

I love the hype the Magpies have been getting this year.

The deflation is going to be a beautiful thing to witness. Whether it be in the prelim against Geelong or against us, it is inevitable.

I wonder what their lying pissant of a coach will say then :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints News New St Kilda assistant coach - Robert Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back