NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Put your hate aside :p the Raiders are a legitimate option under his criteria.

Colts isn't a legitimate option.

Jaguars aren't stacked with exciting young talent, but they're rock-bottom like us (raiders) and would be good to get some more Jaguars or Raiders representation around here.

Thanks for the opinions guys, I'm going to with the Jaguars as I like the idea of following a team who is right at the bottom and seeing them rise up the ladder.

Put your hate aside :p the Raiders are a legitimate option under his criteria.

Colts isn't a legitimate option.

Jaguars aren't stacked with exciting young talent, but they're rock-bottom like us (raiders) and would be good to get some more Jaguars or Raiders representation around here.
I know, I think Colts maybe too good but I usually refer to them when asked for a 'young team, will be very good criteria.'

NinjaSwan as a Denver fan I just can't recommend the Raiders...but don't let that stop you :p

Young talented teams who are either not very good and/or on the rise in a few years and/or already started rising last year or two...

(Bold teams who I think you should consider NinjaSwan )

AFC: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs

NFC: Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, St Louis Rams.

Indianapolis Colts/Jacksonville Jaguars
He said lots.
Those 2 teams have a grand total of 1 good young player.
Need to go Detroit.
Or perhaps let the team find you rather than force yourself on a team.

Seattle is actually the answer to the question "which team has a lot of good young players". They have the 30th youngest offense and 27th youngest defense according to this list which adjusts age for snap counts.

Other teams to consider if you're just going for a young team would be Cleveland (32nd, 30th), Cincinnati (27th, 32nd), Indy (29th, 28th), KC, Miami, Minnesota or TB

I've decided to follow the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Oh-no.jpg

imgres

Didn't really phrase what I meant properly in my original post. Instead of teams who have a lot of young players currently and are almost done rebuilding. I meant teams that currently in that process and will take a few years still before being contenders, If that makes any sense. Sorry for any confusion.

Didn't really phrase what I meant properly in my original post. Instead of teams who have a lot of young players currently and are almost done rebuilding. I meant teams that currently in that process and will take a few years still before being contenders, If that makes any sense. Sorry for any confusion.

I've decided to follow the Jacksonville Jaguars.

WIth how the NFL is, it fluxuates too much.
Things can go to hell fast in 1 season.
Colts since Manning joined.
3-13
13-3
10-6
6-10
10-6
12-4
12-4
14-2
12-4
13-3
12-4
13-3
14-2
10-6
2-14
10-6

Look at some of those changes. 3-13 straight to 13-3. 10-6 to 2-14 then back to 10-6.

NFL is too even. You could say, 'I want a team who will be good in a few years' that's the thing, 1 bad hire and things can go to shit (San Diego). A poisonous culture can ruin something good (Detroit) 1 good hire can turn shit into gold (Atlanta) 1 amazing 6th round draft pick can create a dynasty (New England) overconfidence can destroy huge potential (Philadelphia).
The league is too even that you cant just find a pre-emptive bandwagon (which is what you seem to be trying to do)

You need to become a fan of the game first, then let a team grow on you.
Not the other way round, saying 'I'm going to support Jacksonville' is all good for now. But when you watch their games, see they're a one dimensional run attack based team who are pathetic and would go 0-16 without MJD. It could ruin your interest in the game as it could bore you to sleep. Get a taste of everything. Then decide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3-13
13-3
10-6
6-10
10-6
12-4
12-4
14-2
12-4
13-3
12-4
13-3
14-2
10-6
2-14
10-6

Look at some of those changes. 3-13 straight to 13-3. 10-6 to 2-14 then back to 10-6.

NFL is too even. You could say, 'I want a team who will be good in a few years' that's the thing, 1 bad hire and things can go to shit (San Diego). A poisonous culture can ruin something good (Detroit) 1 good hire can turn shit into gold (Atlanta) 1 amazing 6th round draft pick can create a dynasty (New England) overconfidence can destroy huge potential (Philadelphia).
The league is too even that you cant just find a pre-emptive bandwagon (which is what you seem to be trying to do)

Not the other way round, saying 'I'm going to support Jacksonville' is all good for now. But when you watch their games, see they're a one dimensional run attack based team who are pathetic and would go 0-16 without MJD. It could ruin your interest in the game as it could bore you to sleep. Get a taste of everything. Then decide.

Fair enough, but there is also 8 seasons in a row of 12-4 or better which is pretty consistent for any sport in my opinion. I guess I'll rethink it a bit after watching a few more games but for now the Jaguars will be my favourite without really following any team.

Just keep on watching.
I went through claming 3 different teams as 'my team' untill I finally choose upon Atlanta.

Guess Jet, Patriot and Eagle fans are glad I didn't stick with them :p

To be perfectly fair, if Kroenke went too far with the Rams and screwed us over and over (Don't really like having an owner with a collection of teams) I would probably support Jaguars just for their owner - KHAN! Very likeable and very dedicated to improving the team. The owner is usually going to be the most consistent thing about the team (Other than the City/ colours and mascot). Have a good owner and you'll have a good team. Have a bad owner and you have the Redskins.

Just keep on watching.
I went through claming 3 different teams as 'my team' untill I finally choose upon Atlanta.

Guess Jet, Patriot and Eagle fans are glad I didn't stick with them :p
I'm betting that Giant, Pat, Panther and Dolphin fans are pretty miffed that I didn't stick around.

I pledge my allegiance forever to the Ravens.

You've got astute BF NFL veterans like Oscarman & arakaan to hold your hand if things stay pear shaped... but my angle is that every team goes thru growth spurts.. it's a cycle of progress... some back peddle then hit the high gear when you least expect it. Classic example is the Seahawks who were definitely the surprise packet team after having two transition years (2008-09) then they claimed the NFC West with a 7-9 record o_O (@Dirty Bird loves that story) and just when everyone (me to be exact) thought they'd slide after another unflattering 7-9 campaign (minus no post season action), no WR's drafted in a team with no real WR depth... they just STUCK IT right up me and everyone who questioned them as a resilient club.

As for the Jags.. they had a 8-8 campaign in 2010.. best since 2007 when they advanced to the Divisional round of the play-offs in a progressive 12-6 season. In 2005, they finished second to Indy with a 12-4 record. Since the new divisional alignment (2002), the Jags are 77-85 (including play-offs). NE are the Jags boogie team having been eliminated twice during that 11 year period. In the jags first seven seasons, they were in the AFC central, claiming two Divisional titles with four consecutive seasons of play-offs including hosting the AFC CC (lost to the Titans in the '99 post season).

3-13
13-3
10-6
6-10
10-6
12-4
12-4
14-2
12-4
13-3
12-4
13-3
14-2
10-6
2-14
10-6(11-5) just sayin :p

I am new in American Football and I decided to follow Seahawks. Any good story about them (besides their official page)? Did I choose a good team or should I follow some other?
ps: sorry for my English. I am not from English speaking country.

I am new in American Football and I decided to follow Seahawks. Any good story about them (besides their official page)? Did I choose a good team or should I follow some other?
ps: sorry for my English. I am not from English speaking country.

A super choice. Yet to win a championship (although arguably robbed by refs in 2005 - our only trip to the Superbowl). Located in the Pacific North West as far away as possible from the media-centric East Coast (although that has changed recently). Returned to playoffs this year after a one year hiatus winning our first game away in playoffs since 1982 but then falling to the Falcons (in the last 30 seconds). Having made a couple of splashes in free agency/trade the expectation is we'll go deeper (and for some optimistic fans that means Superbowl). The team is very young lead by extremely mature (and slightly short) Russel Wilson. You are in danger of being accused of bandwagoning as we have 'just become good'. Coach is Pete Carroll and GM is John Schneider (in whom we trust).

A super choice. Yet to win a championship (although arguably robbed by refs in 2005 - our only trip to the Superbowl).

Refs didn't throw the Hassellbeck INT in the redzone last Q ;) just sayin'... but I agree... the officiating benefited the Steelers moreso than the Seahawks that game. :oops:

Located in the Pacific North West as far away as possible from the media-centric East Coast (although that has changed recently). Returned to playoffs this year after a one year hiatus winning our first game away in playoffs since 1982 but then falling to the Falcons (in the last 30 seconds). Having made a couple of splashes in free agency/trade the expectation is we'll go deeper (and for some optimistic fans that means Superbowl). The team is very young lead by extremely mature (and slightly short) Russell Wilson. You are in danger of being accused of bandwagoning as we have 'just become good'. Coach is Pete Carroll and GM is John Schneider (in whom we trust).

Bare in mind that the Seahawks are not the reigning Division champs so it's not like our new visitor is being accused of bandwagoning just because they're showing plenty of resilience. :thumbsu: gi is welcome to get more involved with understanding the game and enjoy the ride that the Seahawks are offering after a few years of treading water.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back