NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the NFL's universal "2nd Favourite Team"?

A lot of people seem to have a soft spot for the Cleveland Browns. Maybe because they have been crap for so long as well as the whole Baltimore thing.

If you eventually want to see your team play live, pick a city that you'd want to actually visit. Cleveland is the worst. Pretty much all of Ohio is the worst.

Oi, I've been to Ohio 5 times to see my Bengals. Great little city. Have also been to Cleveland and liked it.

A lot of people seem to have a soft spot for the Cleveland Browns. Maybe because they have been crap for so long as well as the whole Baltimore thing.

I don't mind the browns, I was always a big fan of eric metcalf, one week on Don Lane Presents we got a browns and jets game and he returned a kick-off about 95 yards for a TD, I remember using that footage as part of a video we made in year 10 drama/film class. :thumbsu:

A reason a few have a soft spot for them is traditionally they have fallen under the "are no threat to your team" sub-section of the "Rules for choosing your second team"

Dallas would say it's them :)
Nah, we wouldn't. Would any team in the NFCE honestly think other supporters have a soft spot for them?

Oi, I've been to Ohio 5 times to see my Bengals. Great little city. Have also been to Cleveland and liked it.
Must be the Kentucky influence.
afterall, the stadium is only 140m from the border.

Looking for a new team ??

Rams or Texans ... :p

NFL ARRESTS SINCE 2000
Screen_Shot_2014-06-30_at_12.41.53_PM_medium.png

I'm also looking for a team to follow, I was into the NFL a few years ago when I was in the states. Chose Chicago because I went for the bulls, watched a Blackhawks game. Actually I'll just stick with the Bears, I did have a beer with Cutler after all.
Did he cry into your beer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he cry into your beer?

Haha nope. Everyone at the bar lost their shit when he walked in, I had no idea who he was and this chick told me he was a big deal so I was like well **** it I dint care so I just went up and said g'day. Probably the biggest dude I've ever seen. Although I was pretty drunk

Haha nope. Everyone at the bar lost their shit when he walked in, I had no idea who he was and this chick told me he was a big deal so I was like well **** it I dint care so I just went up and said g'day. Probably the biggest dude I've ever seen. Although I was pretty drunk
Anything of interest you can relate back to us Cutler may have said to you?
NFL players are big, but it's even more disconcerting when you have a whole bunch or a whole team of them around you. Really exasperates how short one is.

I'm also looking for a team to follow, I was into the NFL a few years ago when I was in the states. Chose Chicago because I went for the bulls, watched a Blackhawks game. Actually I'll just stick with the Bears, I did have a beer with Cutler after all.
> Meets NFL flop
> goes to BF
> thinks of excuse to brag about meeting NFL player
> 'i go for chicago but i dont know who to go for? i met jay cutler btw, yea ill go for chicago guiz

but srs, good alpha move speaking to him, even if drunk

> Meets NFL flop
> goes to BF
> thinks of excuse to brag about meeting NFL player
> 'i go for chicago but i dont know who to go for? i met jay cutler btw, yea ill go for chicago guiz

but srs, good alpha move speaking to him, even if drunk

Ha! The story actually came back to me as I was writing that's why I shared it. It was 4 years ago. But yeh cheers dickhead, won't be back here!

Really?
It's New England!
If you're not a Patriot, you're a terrorist in America.

In all seriousness, I think that was what people thought in about the 01-02, MAYBE 03 period. By 04 people were just sick of New England and since then there hasn't really been a '2nd favourite' side
I can assure you, if terrorists attacked Gillette Stadium, there would be record sales of the Quran the next day in the US.

I would say the Jags and Browns are two teams that everyone would root for if they made the playoffs just because they've been so shit for so long.

Agreed re: the Browns.

Especially with Hoyer. If the Browns succeeded with Hoyer, neutral fans would coalesce and root for them.

JFF maybe not so much, considering how polarising he can be.

I can assure you, if terrorists attacked Gillette Stadium, there would be record sales of the Quran the next day in the US.

I would say the Jags and Browns are two teams that everyone would root for if they made the playoffs just because they've been so shit for so long.
Now that you've quoted me and there's a grey background, can you see the white writing?

I don't mind the browns, I was always a big fan of eric metcalf, one week on Don Lane Presents we got a browns and jets game and he returned a kick-off about 95 yards for a TD, I remember using that footage as part of a video we made in year 10 drama/film class. :thumbsu:

A reason a few have a soft spot for them is traditionally they have fallen under the "are no threat to your team" sub-section of the "Rules for choosing your second team"

Eric Metcalf was AMAZING… recall him carving the Steelers up TWICE for two ST Big Plays (back to the HOUSE) … infact here's the clip..

Another team that doesn't get ENOUGH LOVE around here are the Kansas City Chiefs!!

I recall back in the day when I started following the NFL in the mid 80's… this BEAST from nowhere appeared..

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back