News New Western Bulldogs logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

hmmm, that’s quite a disappointing logo.
Looks like a junior team. Not a professional team with 100+ years history playing in the top tier.

I find the text especially annoying. Two different fonts in the one logo is just bad design, and not necessary.

The name of the club has been tacked on as an afterthought, and isn’t integrated into the logo. Richmond did the same thing. I would have thought the NAME of the club is rather important and should be united with the other elements of the logo.

I hope the Dogs didn’t pay too much for this amateurish cobbling together. Any designer charging $$ for this sort of work should consider a career change. I hear there is a shortage of forklift drivers ATM, they might want to look into that.

Sorry to be so negative, but I have a fondness for the dogs and was really impressed with their recent jumper design changes, I think they deserve a better logo than this. I hope they consider some other options.

FWIW this was my attempt that I sent to the club several months ago. I’m not claiming it’s ideal, but at least the dog is more realist, not kiddy-cartoony, and the text/words/shield all combine into one complete logo.
wbconcept.jpg

Who got the scoop for this story? Im guessing it was a bf member? In the past 2 days this story has bedn everywhere
Mr Eagle.
He looks at ATMOSS for whatever reason one looks there,
I guess it keeps him away from those 'other' sites.

So he announces here, and now it's in the papers.

Same thing happened last year with Richmond.

Mr Eagle.

I believe he found the GWS Giants' two proposed guernseys a few hours before their official launch as well.

Mr Eagle.

If in doubt, Mr Eagle's your source.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enter as a guest, then find the advanced search in the left hand menu. You can search by keywords or whatever you want. Most reliable method for finding new stuff is to look things up via the company number of the AFL (004155211)
Thanks mate :thumbsu: I'll have a go with that number and try some other things too :)

1883 to 2012 is 129 years to me
I believe it was a reference to football 'at the highest level', thus 1925.
Footscray was easily the most successful team in the VFA after the VFL clubs broke away, and really should have been included instead of StKilda*, but the VFA was inferior to the VFL.

* StKilda's inclusion was based on better transport for supporters to their ground.
Had they gone with 10 clubs and not 8, Footscray would undoubtedly have been included.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Western Bulldogs logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back