Next Generation

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of those kids have only just turned 17 this year, very much a team picked with the intention to build before the next u19 WC in a few years
Can you name a few players in that squad who will be be able to play.The only ones I know who I know will not be would be Peake and Ramkumar but know little about the current squad with ages.

Ouch look at the scores in the current 2nd U19 test against India,not a good look.
Ollie Peake is a gun - should play Shield Cricket as soon as he gets home - the most talented young bat i have seen in years

Ollie Peake is a gun - should play Shield Cricket as soon as he gets home - the most talented young bat i have seen in years
Was at Junction Oval today but not yesterday when the Vics batted.Top order disappointing Chandrasinghe and Kellaway for starters,promising but not delivering at the moment.I agree with you and Harry Dixon is another one they should look at.

152 from Sam Konstas today, big wraps on this lad.
Might as well give him his baggy green now. Selectors probably chuck him in for the 1st test if Green is out given he is from NSW, young and scoring runs

Might as well give him his baggy green now. Selectors probably chuck him in for the 1st test if Green is out given he is from NSW, young and scoring runs
already got it in the brown paper bag, given he's from NSW. :drunk:

but you would definitely have him in the conversation after today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

already got it in the brown paper bag, given he's from NSW. :drunk:

but you would definitely have him in the conversation after today
"Australia has a promising new batting hope, with NSW’s Sam Konstas becoming the youngest player to score a Sheffield Shield century since Ricky Ponting."

Oh wait, that was actually said about Teague Wyllie, who is currently nowhere near the WA XI.

Maybe we just hold our horses a bit and see how these kids develop over the next couple of years before having them in conversations about national selection.

"Australia has a promising new batting hope, with NSW’s Sam Konstas becoming the youngest player to score a Sheffield Shield century since Ricky Ponting."

Oh wait, that was actually said about Teague Wyllie, who is currently nowhere near the WA XI.

Maybe we just hold our horses a bit and see how these kids develop over the next couple of years before having them in conversations about national selection.

At least it would be better than Harris again, not saying pick him but we won’t get a better circumstance to do it

If they picked every batsman who made a hundred against SA, there’d probably be another hundred players with baggy greens!!!

To be fair our pace attack is pretty good, and is usually what keeps us in games.

Our batting and spin bowlers however

It’s also usually as much the games on Adelaide Oval are the flattest pitch in Australia outside Sydney.

But still you can bowl the Redbacks out twice on it!!!

It’s also usually as much the games on Adelaide Oval are the flattest pitch in Australia outside Sydney.

But still you can bowl the Redbacks out twice on it!!!
Junction Oval is usually flatter

McSweeney to me looks like a player that could very quickly take his game to the next level with the right people around him. Fantastic technique, a desire to just stay out there and a very calm head. Doesn't have the huge weight of runs behind him yet but there is definitely something there. Looks like a a player that would keep learning on the job rather than need to come in as a finished product, reminds me a bit of Marnus when Marnus had his first county stint at Glamorgan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Generation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back