• Luke Breust

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Ben Stratton

Votes: 20 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s say you have a sponsor function and you ‘only’ get gunner, smithy, jaeger sent along - are you going to spend a second thinking ‘hang on

Really hope we don't run with this BS co-captains trend that's going around.

Exactly what people have said, there is a Leadership Group built around the Captain to give him that support.

This is probably the one time to have co captains as no one is quite ready yet but a combination would work
Disagree. We have multiple great options who would all handle the role and even thrive with it. Co-captains just conveys weakness.

Disagree. We have multiple great options who would all handle the role and even thrive with it. Co-captains just conveys weakness.
or our current reality
never said there wasnt plenty of options just no one stand out right now.

Im sure who ever gets it will do his best.

But we really dont have a stand out

Very unusual to leave it this long. To me that suggests there is no standout candidate.

Or it could suggest:

- focus in training is all about teamwork and everyone doing an equal part, so no captain until they reach a certain stage

- the captain has other duties which being named will distract from

- they want the announcement to have maximum impact and guaranteed front page coverage so are waiting until the media tension is built right to the boiling point

There are a number of legit reasons beyond “they just can’t decide” which could lead to this current situation. Of course, maybe they can’t decide. But then the team seems to be training pretty well and showed plenty of go in the carlton hitout so the delay doesn’t seem to be damaging anything.

I’m going for 4D chess and master message crafting.

Or it could suggest:

- focus in training is all about teamwork and everyone doing an equal part, so no captain until they reach a certain stage

- the captain has other duties which being named will distract from

- they want the announcement to have maximum impact and guaranteed front page coverage so are waiting until the media tension is built right to the boiling point

There are a number of legit reasons beyond “they just can’t decide” which could lead to this current situation. Of course, maybe they can’t decide. But then the team seems to be training pretty well and showed plenty of go in the carlton hitout so the delay doesn’t seem to be damaging anything.

I’m going for 4D chess and master message crafting.
Looks like you're trying quite hard to convince yourself whereas all I have to do is mention Occam's razor.

That said, just because there's no standout candidate doesn't necessarily mean we'll end up with another below-par captain and there's enough experience on the list hopefully it shouldn't matter much anyway. Would be nice to have someone who stands up in big moments though.

Looks like you're trying quite hard to convince yourself whereas all I have to do is mention Occam's razor.

That said, just because there's no standout candidate doesn't necessarily mean we'll end up with another below-par captain and there's enough experience on the list hopefully it shouldn't matter much anyway. Would be nice to have someone who stands up in big moments though.

Occam's razor? Why does your preference get to claim that? Demonstrate that "just can't decide" is a simple solution and "don't want to announce until the right moment" is a complex one.

A lack of decisiveness has never been a trait of either Jeff or Clarko. If anything, the most simple explanation is that they aren't announcing the captain because they don't want or need to. Anything else requires you to believe that in this singular situation both Jeff and Clarko, not to mention the whole club, are acting completely out of character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

j8jx0ce8jq021.gif

Not that I believe anything this bloke says, but didn’t Tom Brown say on the radio last week that we would announce the captain on Monday?

i posted previously i had heard it was stratts, Im doubting that as the weeks carry on.

My personal view was i really would love to see jaeger get the job this was before mitchell went down with his injury,
I would love it to go to the young guard with the seniour players roughead,gunston,frawley,burgoyne,smith,shiels steer him on the field.
After watching the intraclub and practice match my view still is jaeger is a natural born leader he stands out from the group on the field, speaks well off it and prepares 2nd to none of it.
Its only a matter of time before he the skipper if its not this time

i posted previously i had heard it was stratts, Im doubting that as the weeks carry on.

My personal view was i really would love to see jaeger get the job this was before mitchell went down with his injury,
I would love it to go to the young guard with the seniour players roughead,gunston,frawley,burgoyne,smith,shiels steer him on the field.
After watching the intraclub and practice match my view still is jaeger is a natural born leader he stands out from the group on the field, speaks well off it and prepares 2nd to none of it.
Its only a matter of time before he the skipper if its not this time

I’d be happy with this.. he was Judd like explosive in that praccy #TrainingRunAgainstWitchesHats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back