Draftee
Jul 17, 2007
ELTHAM
AFL Club
Melbourne
Backs
Wilson (NP) Gloury (Bund) Vernon (Bund)

Half Backs
Finnin (Mont) Nolan (Heid) King (Nth Heid)

Centres
Lee (Heid) Nolan (Heid) Owen (Mont)

Half Forwards
Chivers (DC) Nuggent (WP) Ryan (Nth Heid - more a wingman I know)

Forwards
Mitchell (Bund) Ryan (Nth Heid) Minney (Elt)

Rucks
Gay (Heid) Harvey (Heid) Contessa (Elt)

Interchange (Have just put forward a name or two from each club.)
A quarter of Heidelbergs team could go here, Jeffrey (Nth Park), King (Epping), Keenan (Mont), Cusack (DC), Richardsons (Elt), Gill (WP), McIntosh (Bund), Jones (Nth Heid), Don't really rate many from the slime.

Haven't seen enough of all teams this year but from what I've seen this would be mine! There would be some others who I would have forgotten too.

What do people think?

surely you'd have to put justin murphy from heidelberg in the team somewhere? i'd have him in before chivers from diamond creek easily!

Yeah, you're probably right!!! I thought I'd include him because he seems like a good young up and comer who played a few good games this year. I probably put him in more on potential.

team of the year is more for the best players in 2007 not about players who are up and comers and who have potential. but picking a side is tough and as always there's players who miss out that should be in. these teams are always open to conjecture. still your team looks pretty good!

Backs
Wilson (NP) Gloury (Bund) Vernon (Bund)

Half Backs
Finnin (Mont) Nolan (Heid) King (Nth Heid)

Centres
Lee (Heid) Nolan (Heid) Owen (Mont)

Half Forwards
Chivers (DC) Nuggent (WP) Ryan (Nth Heid - more a wingman I know)

Forwards
Mitchell (Bund) Ryan (Nth Heid) Minney (Elt)

Rucks
Gay (Heid) Harvey (Heid) Contessa (Elt)

A quarter of Heidelbergs team could go here, Jeffrey (Nth Park), King (Epping), Keenan (Mont), Cusack (DC), Richardsons (Elt), Gill (WP), McIntosh (Bund), Jones (Nth Heid), Don't really rate many from the slime.

Haven't seen enough of all teams this year but from what I've seen this would be mine! There would be some others who I would have forgotten too.

What do people think?

not bad.dean and moore have had good years for nth.
as you said heidelberg will have a few.every time i saw hsydock he was damn good.as was murphy.

I saw every creek game and timmy chivers will be a gun, but he doesnt deserve TOTY honours yet. I think Simon Perryman form creek is more deserving. Also, Josh summers should go close to a back pocket. Cusack good bench option.

maybe not this year considering he missed quarter of the year through traveling and injury but I think the big irish man Mick Finn, could be in with a shout for a half back spot. He will definately be in there next year as he gets more used to the game.

What do people think?[/quote]

I noticed you've included both Richardsons here. I definately agree with Tom as he is very underrated and one of the best backmen going around, is outsized every week but consistently beats his opponent. However Lachie Richardson only played 2 or 3 games all year because of injury. No doubt he would be in the team if he was fit though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

these are the five i assume will be in the team from heidelberg.
M.GAY, DANNY NOLAN, B.HARVEY, J.MURPHY, D.HAYDOCK. you would think the premiers from this year would have at least five maybe six in the team will be interesting when they annouce it. when is it being annouced by the way?

I think chris varsamakis would be a better 'youth' option than chivers. Also Jai Audley from eltham always gets plenty of the ball when i see him play, and plays with a lot of courage.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2007 Division 1 Team of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back