NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

But those ******* smiley face emojis in messages like that have always triggered me...

Was thinking exactly the same thing.

If CUNZ had some more decent content I like the idea of an all sports single portal.

By comparison, the International AFL product is so basic but it focuses on the one thing you want..live game streams.

DAZN not in a hurry to get back to me to resolve my issue, that being I can't use a VPN and I can't log in because I'm not in the same country that I set up my account (India).

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I sent them an email got nothing but logged onto the chat yesterday - I asked to be put through to an agent straight away (as per their NFL FAQ) and said I can't access after logging in as it says it is "not available in my region". I asked straight away to make sure the account/subscription was cancelled so I don't get billed on Aug 1st (I'd already cancelled the payment in Paypal but this was just in case as that was from NFL Gamepass and not DAZN) - they confirmed in the chat that the account was cancelled and autorenewal would not proceed on 1/8. Now I wait and see.

I tell you what even if I was considering forking the money over (which is only a 5% chance at this stage as I can't really rationalise the cost) there's no way I will be doing so until after week 1 so I can see what the feedback is about the service provided - imagine forking over $280 and then the stream is unwatchable, laggy, buffering, pixelated etc etc

I sent them an email got nothing but logged onto the chat yesterday - I asked to be put through to an agent straight away (as per their NFL FAQ) and said I can't access after logging in as it says it is "not available in my region". I asked straight away to make sure the account/subscription was cancelled so I don't get billed on Aug 1st (I'd already cancelled the payment in Paypal but this was just in case as that was from NFL Gamepass and not DAZN) - they confirmed in the chat that the account was cancelled and autorenewal would not proceed on 1/8. Now I wait and see.

I tell you what even if I was considering forking the money over (which is only a 5% chance at this stage as I can't really rationalise the cost) there's no way I will be doing so until after week 1 so I can see what the feedback is about the service provided - imagine forking over $280 and then the stream is unwatchable, laggy, buffering, pixelated etc etc
100% agree. If I’m to pay the fee I’d much rather it be after week 1 so I can see/hear from others on how the app/site performed. I’ll wait with baited breath

To get to the size they are, CUNZ must have provided a good service at some point, surely. Maybe there is some hope they will pull their finger out.

But those ******* smiley face emojis in messages like that have always triggered me...
I think they made their name in boxing PPVs with some random shit on the base package. doubt they have ever had to deal with trafic or server load the NFL will cause with 10+ games, redzone and a 24/7 live stream all at the same time.

The fact that legacy subs dont even get preseason free to test out the new site before dropping almost $300 is a joke. and not even doing monthly/weekly passes for users who are skeptical on the product quality.

It feels like they did the bare minimum. and some bugs test that theory.
That dumb campaigner in the sub that was held together by rivets and controlled by a $10 pc pad put in more effort

Contract will have performance clauses. CUNZ won't be able to meet them. The NFL will have the standard corporate attitude of "fix it - that's the contract, that's the agreed price and the cost of providing that service is CUNZ's problem". CUNZ will just shrug its shoulders and the consumer will be the real loser. Wouldn't shock if the contract is terminated on the sly during the next off season or two. Just logged in at work and same issues (interface lags and footage is terrible). Hopefully the Europeans make a lot of noise about it - market isn't big enough in Australia for the NFL to give a ****.

A comment on that thread, what a joke.

I have just asked DAZN directly and they confirmed that some on-demand content would be 1080p but that live streams are 720p. I’ve cancelled my subscription and put in a strongly worded complaint. I suggest you do the same.

& I read on there the app doesnt provide chromecast, that wouldnt affect me but seriously wtf.

Last edited:
No chrome cast is poor. I've logged in on my Samsung TV and just watching a game from last season, the video starts at 12:45 to go in the first lol.
Anyway the video appears 720p, the Game Pass video really used to have a nice crispness to it in 1080. This is such a shame.
I'm going to try and get a mate to chip in $100 and give him my password.

Contract will have performance clauses. CUNZ won't be able to meet them. The NFL will have the standard corporate attitude of "fix it - that's the contract, that's the agreed price and the cost of providing that service is CUNZ's problem". CUNZ will just shrug its shoulders and the consumer will be the real loser. Wouldn't shock if the contract is terminated on the sly during the next off season or two. Just logged in at work and same issues (interface lags and footage is terrible). Hopefully the Europeans make a lot of noise about it - market isn't big enough in Australia for the NFL to give a *.

Can you actually hide the scores on the Android TV app? That's what I want to know!

A comment on that thread, what a joke.

& I read on there the app doesnt provide chromecast, that wouldnt affect me but seriously wtf.

I can't see the little chromecast icon and I am looking at the app right now.

Can you actually hide the scores on the Android TV app? That's what I want to know!

Won't matter the games will be so far behind in streaming anyway everything may as well be a replay.

Latest response from the CUNZ...

1689124326462.png
So the weekly subscription sounds OK, I could pick and choose where to use but I have a feeling will require a local payment method.

But they are rusted on the portability problem....I have no doubt now it is a technical constraint in their platform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did this weekly sub pop up. or are they bullshitting again

First I've heard of it was in the email response I got from support this morning.....reckon it will be the compromise for their busted platform not allowing portability.

But it being bullshit sounds more plausible.

Weekly might be the only way i use them unless my preferred option fails.

Gamepass hasnt had weekly passes for over 10 years if not longer.

IF DAZN really have issues with people canceling i could see a smart company* doing week 2 or 3 as a free weekend to try and get people back.

* Nothing that i have seen from the tells me they are smart, more so greedy. doing the bare minimum to increase profits.
Man they are in for a shock when they see their India and Brazil returning numbers.

Man they are in for a shock when they see their India and Brazil returning numbers.

They are gonna think the NFL sold them fake data. Lawsuit incoming 😅

They are gonna think the NFL sold them fake data. Lawsuit incoming 😅

They have to queue on the lawsuits....I'm pursuing them on the "same service" offer which it clearly is not.

In the end they wont care, they probably think they will make up the short fall on all the Brazilians and Indians migrating to Australia. What they lose in churn they figure they will pick up by selling the hire sub rate for Australia. They probably expect to pick up new NFL subscribers who were already subscribers to their platform for boxing or whatever other crap they carry.

What we really need to see is a total crash of their platform and crappy performance when it is up. Once the punters start demanding their money back it will change...we all know through the Foxtel experience, loyal customers are a low priority to securing new ones.

Checked a Canadian reddit site as they have had these clowns since 17. Mixed bag in the comments but got a laugh from a poster who used to set up their VPN so they were in Australia (GP better - specifically mentioned access to condensed games).

Turned off auto renewal in paypal for NFL gamepass to stop any auto renewal going through. Will that be enough i think to myself, unlink my bank account and credit card from paypal. Hmmmm maybe they will find a way around that.... close down my whole paypal account. Just don't trust the whole thing.

Turned off auto renewal in paypal for NFL gamepass to stop any auto renewal going through. Will that be enough i think to myself, unlink my bank account and credit card from paypal. Hmmmm maybe they will find a way around that.... close down my whole paypal account. Just don't trust the whole thing.

So I'm not the only one thinking this way. Week ago I set a reminder for later this month to unlink my cc from PayPal.

Ok I put some side aside to actually look at the DANZ site and after 5 minutes gave up.

My observations...

• its a boxing, mixed martial arts with some bespoke sports like championship chess?????????? site. So it is probably historically more events driven, pay per view, than covering a full regular season schedule.
  • to that end, I can't see where they have any regular major competitions covered, there are some second rate football, motor racing and basketball and a limited (Canadian, 38M people) market for NFL.
  • the NFL appears to be the jewel in their crown now and it's not hard to see that they have a business plan to leverage the global interest in the sport to drive their overall subs and adjacent services.

They are so out of their depth here....if they were already broadcasting other competitions like the EPL or MLB then I think everything would be OK...unfortunately it appears that the NFL is going to be the crash test dummy as DANZ tries to graduate to long pants.

I also can find nothing that suggests a weekly subscription service for the NFL nor a pay per view style arrangement for individual games.

As aussiedude highlighted, who did the due diligence here? I've dealt with outsourcing contracts all my life and these contracts are awarded based on one of two things, 1) you are the cheapest or 2) you offer the most money for the rights. The reality is, whoever awarded this contract would have no awareness of the issues we are now seeing even if they did care about them.

Ok I put some side aside to actually look at the DANZ site and after 5 minutes gave up.

My observations...

• its a boxing, mixed martial arts with some bespoke sports like championship chess?????????? site. So it is probably historically more events driven, pay per view, than covering a full regular season schedule.
  • to that end, I can't see where they have any regular major competitions covered, there are some second rate football, motor racing and basketball and a limited (Canadian, 38M people) market for NFL.
  • the NFL appears to be the jewel in their crown now and it's not hard to see that they have a business plan to leverage the global interest in the sport to drive their overall subs and adjacent services.

They are so out of their depth here....if they were already broadcasting other competitions like the EPL or MLB then I think everything would be OK...unfortunately it appears that the NFL is going to be the crash test dummy as DANZ tries to graduate to long pants.

I also can find nothing that suggests a weekly subscription service for the NFL nor a pay per view style arrangement for individual games.

As aussiedude highlighted, who did the due diligence here? I've dealt with outsourcing contracts all my life and these contracts are awarded based on one of two things, 1) you are the cheapest or 2) you offer the most money for the rights. The reality is, whoever awarded this contract would have no awareness of the issues we are now seeing even if they did care about them.
They have tried to get other big name sport contracts in the past, but never won the rights or were knocked back over tech concerns for a more traditional delivery method like a satellite/cable network.

The way the deal popped up out of nowhere in Feb, with it catching sports media people off guard. Im not sure there were really any other bidders. It feels more like give the NFL a bag of cash and take the job off their hands.

Amazon, Apple or Disney would of been a far better choice. But would they have paid the money. I feel like Amazon and Apple would even with it being world wide excluding the US just to prove other sports who have had questions about them when it comes to sports. like last years Big10 deal Amazon offered more than NBC for that package but were knocked back because of questions about reach and streaming. It would of opened the door for more global sports rights from Amazon/Apple and they both have bigger reach and more stable platforms than CUNZ.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was no tender process and it was a case of CUNZ approaching the NFL...hey guys if I give you all this money, you can wash your hands of this broadcasting stuff.

The delusion we have is that big sporting competitions have the interests of fans at hearts but the senior executive of these competitions put money (their own) and ego ahead of any decision that is based on being "best for the fans".

We've seen it in recent times with the AFL extending the MCG GF or Gather Round deals without tender or transparency and the backroom deals done between LIV Golf and the PGAT.

The way the deal popped up out of nowhere in Feb, with it catching sports media people off guard. Im not sure there were really any other bidders. It feels more like give the NFL a bag of cash and take the job off their hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

Back