NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

Whats the issue on ps4. On xbox one i can watch all the games through the nfl app
Xbox is owned by Microsoft. Microsoft has a working relationship with the NFL. Even Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen owns an NFL franchise. There could even be some kind of exclusive rights agreement between MS and NFL where they delay the availability for Sony....like happens with games.

Whats the issue on ps4. On xbox one i can watch all the games through the nfl app

PS4 should be available in early November. App build has been submitted and Sony is working through changes at their end. Will update as we get closer to that date when I have more info.

Xbox is owned by Microsoft. Microsoft has a working relationship with the NFL. Even Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen owns an NFL franchise. There could even be some kind of exclusive rights agreement between MS and NFL where they delay the availability for Sony....like happens with games.

It's not that complicated....for once :). Sony and the NFL didn't reach an official agreement until very late in the offseason that we'd make an NFL app for the PS4. It's as simple as that. Once we got the green light, we started building the app which has taken a few months as it's a new platform for us. We're now just working out the final QA checks and waiting for Sony to finish up things at their end and then we'll be in market. We would have obviously liked to have the platform in market before the season started but couldn't get there.

It's not that complicated....for once :). Sony and the NFL didn't reach an official agreement until very late in the offseason that we'd make an NFL app for the PS4. It's as simple as that. Once we got the green light, we started building the app which has taken a few months as it's a new platform for us. We're now just working out the final QA checks and waiting for Sony to finish up things at their end and then we'll be in market. We would have obviously liked to have the platform in market before the season started but couldn't get there.

Anything in the pipeline for android to be able to downloar games like ios can?

Anything in the pipeline for android to be able to downloar games like ios can?

Not hearing anything about feature upgrades so unlikely for this season at this stage for GamePass International on Android (the GP Int'l app is developed externally) Next season is probably more likely. I'll double check with the Product Mgr here to see if she knows anything more but I can't see it happening this year.

Cool story bro :p

I can see that game as available....can you double check for me.

Yup. It finally went online a good 24hrs after every other game, including MNF. It was strange!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Update: PS4 app should be available between 3-5 November. It's just going through the final checks and then Sony submission.

Also for those who are thinking about subscribing to GamePass for the rest of the year, keep an eye on the site next week.
I think people who bought a full years subscription should get a promo code/discount when re-signing for the following year. Rather than rewarding the people who hold off till end of the NFL season with a discount for that remainder of the current season.

I'll pass on the suggestion to our marketing guys. We did do autorenew discounts domestically (I know that doesn't help you guys) as we merged multiple products into the new US Domestic gamepass, so it's possible we will offer autorenew discounts. We're already starting planning for next season.

We don't see reduced pricing those who haven't subscribed yet as a "reward" per se. We're simply offering GamePass at a cheaper price as folks aren't getting as many games. The NBA/NHL/MLB do the same.

I think people who bought a full years subscription should get a promo code/discount when re-signing for the following year. Rather than rewarding the people who hold off till end of the NFL season with a discount for that remainder of the current season.

Unfortunately as with everything these days it is about getting the new customer rather than pleasing the people who are already paying.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

Back